PL L FA Premier League

Watford 4:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 November 2021

MrBest

That was not even football. It's been like this for 2 years, our luck has just ran out now. The football was aimless and pointless, it's nothing but funny and embarrassing.

Ole will most likely survive this and take another beating in Spain next week. This club is a joke, they cannot even come out and back the manager or give clarity on the situation. Not doing this creates a toxic atmosphere and for the laat 4 weeks, it has been getting worse and worse. This is on them, not Ole, he should have gone after Liverpool or City, in fact he should never have been given a new contract. They had 2 whole weeks to find a solution, any interim would be better than the mess we have. We could be 9th or 10th by the end of the weekend.

DSG

Arguing with the crowd, they were booing and he was shouting at them to stop I think.

Definitely not a good look for the manager to apologize like that though.
To what end would you apologize? The NBC sports coverage showed The reverse angle. Bruno was gesturing that it was the players, not Ole. Incredible. I’m surprised that he’s doing that. Even Bruno can see that you have to make a change. It’s the only move, even if the players are at fault. You can’t turnover the entire starting 11.

‘Sometimes an organization just needs new leadership. It digs you out of the negative mindset. Ole is not a bad person, he’s just not the right leader for this club.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Everyone can trash us, I think Chelsea will have some mercy on us next week once they score 3 goals. Anyone who watch football long enough will know Ole doesn't cut it. Trash by Watford..... by Christmas, we will be fighting to stay in Premier league.
They will want as big a GD they can get, it could be what wins them the title.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
We know Ole is gone. But surely even the most Ole out person here has to see we have some absolute donkeys in the team, irrespective of the manager. What on earth was Bruno doing in the first half!! Matic the same. Don't even need to go into Maguire. And then there's Martial :lol:

Don't even know what to say about these guys. All the furore is gonna be about Ole but God these are some of the most idiotic performances I've seen by players in a Utd shirt. And that's with Fred not even playing!!
That's what happens when the manager loses the squad. When we played Spurs their players downed tools because of the manager. Today ours did the same. There's no coming back from this for Ole.

LARulz

You can’t wait ?
Just going to say the same shit like he did after the other embarrassing losses.
This feels different. His sorry and waving made it feel like he's given up - waiting for the sack than resign and miss the payment

edgecutter

If the away fans are shouting abuse he really is fecked when we play at home.

Ibi Dreams

As a Chelsea fan I find this thread quite interesting to read. There was a more palpable feeling of genuine sadness and anger after the Liverpool and City results in the post match thread. Today honestly everyone here seems more or less apathetic about this. Almost like it was expected. United is the biggest institution in English football so being seemingly resigned to this fate is so jarring to see.
Not exactly expected, but not unexpected either. It was no surprise to see us give away a penalty early, then go a goal down, then 2 down. It's been that bad.

Oranges038

How are they supposed to perform when none of them know what to do?
Give me a break.

They are paid millions of pounds every year to play football. Yes, they need to be told how the team is expected to play. But these guys aren't even doing the basics right.

Does a defence that cost upward of 200m need to be told how to keep shape and organise themselves?

Does Harry Maguire need to be told how and when to try and beat a player?

Does Rashford need to be told he has to run off the ball?

Does Wan Bissaka need to be told how to run back and defend?

Do they need to be told how to make a 5 yard pass?

Do they need to be told to talk to each ofher and work hard for the team?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Players can never be absolved of all the blame- but watch what happens if the club accepts you view and puts majority of them on the market. Other clubs will bite our hand off for most of those "donkeys", because they know too well that under a competent manager those players would perform, as they perform for their countries, and as they performed at times under Ole, including many comebacks. They just do not believe he can take us forward any more

I know no fan of other clubs who thinks that on paper we have a significantly worse first eleven/squad than even Chelsea/Pool/City. Not one. But all of them are laughing their asses off us for keeping Ole.
I sincerely hope these other clubs take the likes of Martial, Matic, Lindelof, Maguire off our hands. And that's without even mentioning the likes of Pogba and Fred. To quote Roy Keane, anyone who believes these players will win us league titles is living in cuckoo land. Ole is gone now and yes he has to be blamed for his handling of certain players, but the mentality of some of these players, it boils my p*ss we have fans defending these performances.

You think a manager can take forward or not doesn't excuse you for putting this pitiful display on the pitch.

sidsutton

Refreshing all websites, hoping for the announcement he is gone.

They are making mistakes that are being coached out of my nipper at U8 and U9.

pascell

As a Chelsea fan I find this thread quite interesting to read. There was a more palpable feeling of genuine sadness and anger after the Liverpool and City results in the post match thread. Today honestly everyone here seems more or less apathetic about this. Almost like it was expected. United is the biggest institution in English football so being seemingly resigned to this fate is so jarring to see.
We have our incompetent chief executive to thank for that, he just has no footballing knowledge. He's made mistake after mistake in his footballing decisions and here we are.

Lennon

I am watinig for the typical "Roll up our sleeves, bounce back or have to regroup" shit ...

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Give me a break.

They are paid millions of pounds every year to play football. Yes, they need to be told how the team is expected to play. But these guys aren't even doing the basics right.

Does a defence that cost upward of 200m need to be told how to keep shape and organise themselves?

Ole bought 2/3 of those players you listed. His fault for thinking they were good enough

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Has to be the end.
We snuck a few late wins, failed to beat either Villa or Everton at home, lost to Young Boys.
Then the big defeats started.
Leicester, Liverpool,City and now this today.

Maguire being sent off too and a late crumble to make it sound an even bigger thrashing just seems apt to end things.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
They're waiting for you to buy a ticket and show them how real support is done. Go preach to your awaiting flock.
Yeah yeah same old bollocks. The fact they hapen to have been randomly born in or around Manchester doesn't make them any less dumb. Fact is Ole could've been gone already if not for the blind 'support'.

stw2022

Give me a break.

You don’t value coaching that highly do you? Players should just win games by virtue of their salaries.

I dunno why we kept Fergie around so long. Sacked him off once they were able to print their own bank statements they should have

Not sure why we’re even wasting money on coaching staff. Players should know what to do

Dobba

Yeah yeah same old bollocks. The fact they hapen to have been randomly born in or around Manchester doesn't make them any less dumb. Fact is Ole could've been gone already if not for the blind 'support'.
Couldn't give a feck where they're born, they are forking out their hard earned money to have some person sat on their arse at home telling them they're not supporting their team properly. Get to feck.

Man of the Match

Donny van de Beek image Donny van de Beek 74% of 270 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 278 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw