PL W FA Premier League

West Bromwich Albion 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 17 December 2016

Triple.Threat

very happy with the win today, a tough away game and West Brom are always a hard to beat at home.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Jones and Rojo are forming a rock solid partnership. What the :houllier:

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I have watched Utd since the 70's The baggies were poor and we were a bit better. We should of pushed on and got more goals but we seemed more content passing it back sometimes from the halfway line and once from their penalty box. Take it your just another sheep who types what the majority say.
Yes i read the thread several thousand times before deciding on my opinion :rolleyes:

It was our third game in 6 days, of course we were trying to slow the game down and see time out with 20 minutes left.

Frank Grimes

I have watched Utd since the 70's The baggies were poor and we were a bit better. We should of pushed on and got more goals but we seemed more content passing it back sometimes from the halfway line and once from their penalty box. Take it your just another sheep who types what the majority say.
Cheer up lad. That is 10 points from 3 aways and a home to a quality side. We played really good today, to say we were only slightly better than them makes you look clueless.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Great result. West Brom are a good side nowadays and we made them look poor. Pleased for Lingard as I called for him to come in for his movement off the ball and he did as I hoped.

9 days rest is a serious gap at this time of year, so the lads should make the most of it and be fit and firing for Boxing Day.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
At last a flashback to the good old days. United beating the easy teams, a run of wins and a decent undefeated streak. Add to that Acadamy players making a name for themselves in the first team. Carry on like this with one or two clever additions in the summer and we will be serious title contenders next year.

The main concern right now though is if Ibrahimovic gets injured :nervous:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
It was a good result but good performance? It was a poor game imo and we have and can play better than this. Ibra lucky he didnt get a red card, and Rooney unlucky not to score. Lingard could have sealed it in the first half with a bit more composure.
What? I thought it was a great performance. West Brom have been playing well and we managed to dominate the game start to finish

Robertd0803

Didnt expect it to be as straight forward as that but wont complain. Lovely goals from Zlatan. He is really racking them up isnt he :)

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Solid performance. This is the most solid I've seen us play in the post Fergie era. We've actually been playing well since October, but now the results are also starting to come. Zlatan is the natural successor to King Eric.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Jones has been our best defender in footballing terms for years, he just happens to be made of weetabix
Ye, i know. Have to admit to wanting him out because of his injury record but i'm ecstatic how he's going about his business at the moment. Long may it last.

reelworld

Lindgard cross is Beckham-esque :drool:. Really pleased with how he played today. It's nice to have someone that good and he's probably our second best right winger

DevilRed

Lindgard cross is Beckham-esque :drool:. Really pleased with how he played today. It's nice to have someone that good and he's probably our second best right winger
We could have played a few more balls over the top for him. Cant complain at the end of the day though.

wolvored

Cheer up lad. That is 10 points from 3 aways and a home to a quality side. We played really good today, to say we were only slightly better than them makes you look clueless.
Frank Result wise and carrying on the run is great, but we have played a lot better than that, and to me the baggies were there for the taking for a big score. The passing all the way back to the goalie from high up the pitch when under no pressure was a thing of the past I had hoped

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Teams are going to be very wary of us now and know trying to bully us will no longer work. We are no longer a pushover. Onwards and upwards.

klayton88

When Rashford got taken out I really wanted our team to go over and kick off with the WBA player who did. Like the days of old. You pick on Gary Neville you can pick on one of us!

Rojones solid again, not a big fan of either but can't knock them the last few weeks.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Teams are going to be very wary of us now and know trying to bully us will no longer work. We are no longer a pushover. Onwards and upwards.
We're a long way from being top class though. We do need a better CB combination even though Rojo has played well. Bailly and Jones could be a good one.

We still need to find goals other than Zlatan and at times our play is still a bit pedestrian, we'd get punished by better attacks, And our midfield is still lacking but I don't want to sound negative.

We are progressing

Riz

Very satisfied with that. Nothing too flashy just a solid performance to maintain the momentum we've been building.

That midfield 3 is very good but we'll need a replacement for Carrick sooner or later.

Ibra is in red hot form after a great start to the season and then a little drought, long may it continue.

Seriously though, Jones and Rojo! Wtf :lol:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
The positioning and off the ball work in this side is great, must be so frustrating to play against, especially coupled with the physical aspect.

Inigo Montoya

The positioning and off the ball work in this side is great, must be so frustrating to play against, especially coupled with the physical aspect.
You wouldn't have thought so if you read the comments when the line up was annoonced.

The moaning reached new levels: Lingard's shit, why no Martial,Darmian's crap etc

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
You wouldn't have thought so if you read the comments when the line up was annoonced.

The moaning reached new levels: Lingard's shit, why no Martial,Darmian's crap etc
The key is in midfield though, we have about a perfect balance there now and it shows.

I hope that we have about everyone of our numerous scouts searching high and low for that Carrick replacement, because that balance will be tough to keep without him.

Inigo Montoya

The key is in midfield though, we have about a perfect balance there now and it shows.

I hope that we have about everyone of our numerous scouts searching high and low for that Carrick replacement, because that balance will be tough to keep without him.
Nowhere near perfect. Pogba apart it still lacks goals. As you say Carrick is the one we need to replace

AndyMUFC

Great win that puts pressure on the rest of the pack over the next couple of days. Results are finally starting to match the performances and Mourinho is slowly but surely putting his stamp on the side.

legball

Nowhere near perfect. Pogba apart it still lacks goals. As you say Carrick is the one we need to replace
Which is why it has balance. You have 3 midfielders, doing 3 different functions that complement each other, Carrick sits in front of the defence, provides safety, Herrera harries & presses & gets us moving, Pogba drives forward to provide goals & assists, physical presence etc. It's a finely balanced midfield.

legball

That was a very good tactical performance, our positional play & team shape was exceptional, West Brom had no where to go, we controlled it from start to finish, got 2 goals & a clean sheet, it doesn't get any more commanding than that.

Charlie Foley

I missed the game as I had a law exam. Glad it went well, does anyone have a gif of whatever jones backing up rojo took place?

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Very good solid team performance.
Ibra superb , not just with the goals.

Defence played very well and kept Rondon quiet.
Hope we keep with the 4-3-3

Everyone played well - Lingard even crossed from the right for an assist and Fellaini didn't make a mistake when he came on

Cpt Negative

I've only skim read this thread. What was the united song aimed at Guardiola and the council house? i couldn't make out the middle line...

El-Manos

The fact that Jose transformed/developed Jones- Rojo into a solid defensive partnership, should not be ignored. That's fantastic achievement to be fair, this is starting to look like a proper United team at last. We are obviously not there yet but we have been witnessing signs of it for a while now.

December_16

Played well today but a long way from Utd class
Many other players in the past are apparently "not Utd class" yet contributed immensely to our successes. As long as he plays well and contributes to the team, he certainly belongs to the squad and deserves our support imo.

Man of the Match

Zlatan Ibrahimovic image Zlatan Ibrahimovic 90% of 807 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 571 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Brom win
  • Draw