g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 West Bromwich Albion

Post-match discussion

Sun, 15 April 2018

Acole9

Outstanding
Few days late but was so annoyed I didn't want to look at any football related stuff.

The second half was the worst I've seen, disgraceful.

I keep seeing people panicking we might lose certain players, unless it's De Gea then I couldn't care less, they're welcome to them.

Fitchett

Few days late but was so annoyed I didn't want to look at any football related stuff.

The second half was the worst I've seen, disgraceful.

I keep seeing people panicking we might lose certain players, unless it's De Gea then I couldn't care less, they're welcome to them.
This. Apart from De Gea, I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if any of those players who stole a wage on Sunday never wore a red shirt again. They should all be made to donate their pay to charity.

Canagel

You could throw a blanket over them.

What a joke this is. Where is the width in the team? Basically 6 players occupying the middle of the pitch and getting in each others way. 2 fullbacks who don't want to utilize the space left out wide. And then centre backs who can't pass out from the back because our 'wingers' drop to the halfway line to collect the ball when they should be keeping width and creating space for them to use. The centre backs should be pushing higher up and contesting the space in the opposition half to sustain pressure. Because we don't do this there's a massive gap between our defence and midfield when we lose the ball and teams create clear cut chances against us. This is a shambles tactically. Really embarrassing stuff.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
LIke a few others, I wanted to calm down for a few days before writing. But I haven't (calmed down that is). Humiliating, disgraceful, embarrassing; just a few words (and the more polite ones) than describe the performance. I think we might well have blown second place. There isn't a single midfielder I'd miss if they all left; for the hundredth time I say it's shameful that a club the size of Manchester United has failed wingers as fullbacks - and using them as wing backs when they failed as wingers is a joke. Plus I'm not sure Smalling would get into some Championship teams. He's not just a mistake waiting to happen: he is a mistake, period. I am far from convinced we'll pick up any points tonight at Bournemouth and am sure Spurs' midfield will rip us a new a-hole...

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Taken me a few days, but I've come up with two positives from this reasult

1. This result has prepared me for the inevitable crap performance against Spurs this weekend

2. At least we lost to them when they weren't managed by Pardew

ti vu

Doesn't seem so bad now, does it?

Drew against Liverpool, won against Spurs and managed to keep out the 2 best goal scorers in the league.
Uh no. Our failure is our problem. Props for West Brom for doing as well as they are.

What feel less worse is we're favorite to finish 2nd comfortably. Doesn't reflect how bad we can be and how much improvement this team need.

extincti fugax hominum

Just goes to show the importance of attitude and mentality side of things imo.

When they had the pressure to win points, they failed to do it (8 successive loss & only 3 win in first 33 games). After they lose all the hope, they drew 1 (against Liverpool) and won 3 in just 4 games and against Man Utd (away), Newcastle (away) and Spurs too.

Last edited:

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 327 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Brom win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 38% Man Utd 3:0 West Brom