PL D FA Premier League

West Ham United 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 08 February 2015

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Keep saying it, but we cant ram all the big names in at the same time. And for me it's a matter of dropping RvP or Falcao.

Smores

Expected us to fluke a goal somehow but the greater worry for me is that our matches are dull to watch.

Don't think I'm the only one either.

LvG needs to live up to his hype and make some tough calls rather than just playing the stars every week.

Raw

3 wins, 7 draws and 2 losses away.

And considering 2 of the away wins were very lucky (Arsenal and Southampton), it's very worrying.

Brophs

The One and Only
Very few can hold their heads up this season. We're pandering to names and it's killing us.

Moonred

Knew Blind will score. :p

More than anything, I was pissed off with the first half. We showed much more intent after going behind. Some of the team selection is strange and getting a bit frustrating. Our strikers are slow and old. This 4th place fight is going to give me a heart attack.

OneUnited24

Keeping Herrera on the bench and persisting with Rooney in the middle with Falcao up top has to be one of the stupidest decision LvG keeps making.

Yes i even rank it ahead of playing 352

Kostur

海尔的老板
LVG is simply stupid, undeserved point, outplayed by Big Sam, no real improvements in our game and Shaw with a red on top of that.

Revan

Assumptionman
If I was Ed Woodward, United would have a different manager tomorrow. Van Gaal has completely lost it and can't remember any other manager (not even our very own Moyes) making every decision (bar signing of Blind) a wrong one. We're not getting the fourth place with him as a manager.

I would also be very happy if I won't see Falcao or RVP playing for us. Two overpaid players who are well past it.

Gopher Brown

Unbelievably bad. How did Falcao and van Persie stay on? Awful decision making from the management and the players. We deserved to lose heavily, and I dare say we'd get a better 'response' if we'd been hammered.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
West Ham could have been out of sight and deserved more than a point.

LVG on the other hand will probably be unduly satisfied with the equaliser. I suspect that he'd have learnt more through defeat.

Jev

Lucky point. Really poor game once again.

Di Maria and Falcao were awful, Blind, DDG and RvP did well.

LVG by far the worst of our summer signings so far.

Ryan7

Not a great performance. Sick of seeing Falcao and RVP up top. Especially the former.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Players out of position, better options left on the bench, only one sub used and that being 'a big man', hoofball tactics, static strikers left doing nothing.

Sorry Louis, my patience has run out.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Van Gaal needs to pull his head out of his arse, that was dreadful.

red_devil83

Drop Falcao. We're not gonna sign him so there's no point him ever playing for us again. If he wants to play 2 up, then 2 of Rooney / RvP / Wilson. Januzaj isn't a CM. Play Herrera.

It's not a terrible result but it just seems we should be doing so much more.

Roman Bellic

Prick
That was a terrible performance, i don't care if its west Ham away and they beat City, they lost to Arsenal and Spurs .... should have been chasing City, now we are in danger of dropping out of the top 4

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Falcao should never start a game for us again. He is god awful - that was the single worst performance I've seen from one of our players this season... it's not his fault, its hard to come back from an injury like that and his age have caught up to him... but yeah, Wilson should start ahead of him every time, he's a player who is actually part of our future.

Why did we only make one unforced sub? Why? It makes no sense... unless he didn't want to tarnish those on the bench with that performance, but christ on a bike, that's a weird way to make a point.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Very poor tactics and setup. We have midfielders but we dont play them, and instead play attackers in midfield. We then get overrun with no way out. IF we are insisting on playing without a midfield then we should at least put Fellaini up front to try to retain possession from some of the hoofs. Better still however, would be to drop RVP and Falcao, get Rooney up front and start playing Herrera and Fellaini in midfield.

RedSRM

As if that wasn't depressing enough, there's a Moyes documentary on next.

rpitchfo

The Rooney experiment has to stop. It's failed and it failed a long time ago. It's like watching a 38 year in the swan song of his career.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
LVG has not learnt one fecking lesson this season. The tactics and starting 11 week after week have become baffling. So baffling in fact that you have ask the question, Is he taking the piss?

izec

The team was wong from the start. Far too offensive, no Fellaini and Herrera. No wonder we had absolutely no control in midfield. Needs to drop Falcao, move Rooney to the striker position. Next week same shit again.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Lucky. Getting sick of watching this boring football, watching paint dry is more entertaining.

Cmz'

Falcao's shite, Van Persie's shite, Rooney in midfield ... shite, De Gea and Rojo were very good. Di Maria didn't look assed. Shaw's sending off was stupid but at least we face Burnley at home next so that really shouldn't be an issue. We desperately needed Fellaini starting for his physicality today and Rooney should have played up top, our strikers are way too slow to try and chase onto balls so in the end they play with their back to goal which limits what we can do. Starting to question van Gaal now as we're seeing these types of performances from players every week and yet he still isn't dropping them. Point in the end is a decent result given how shit we were and our main rivals dropping points (bar Southampton but I still don't consider them top 4.)

RetroStu

Honestly, with players that we have at our disposal, SAF would have won us the CL, FA & League easily..LVG on the other hand
We have much better 'names' playing for us now than Fergie had in his last 2 or 3 years, Fergie would of done wonders with this current team 100%.

vibe

I'm gonna try and keep a positive outlook. If knowing is half the battle, then we've gotten some definitive questions about matters that were previously uncertain, so we might as well take that for what it's worth.

1. Falcao does not justify a £40m, £30m or even £20m pricetag. The loan was a good idea, but it was a swing and a miss. Definitely do not buy him.
2. All talk about us leapfrogging City and going for 2nd should now cease. It's absolute bullshite. We're lucky to be where we are.
3. We are 2nd or 3rd favorites for 4th. Arsenal and Southampton both have a better stab at it than us. Spurs might be a dark horse and we still don't know how well Liverpool will perform. As it stands, we may finish anywhere from 4th to 7th. 5th being the most likely.
4. We need a striker. RvP is too old to carry this load of shite on his own, Wilson is too young and Rooney is apparently a box to box mid now.
5. Di Maria clearly does not give a feck. He's word class, maybe even a golden boot, but we should rid of anyone who just doesn't want to play, even if he's Angel Di Maria.

Man-United

Everything that could go wrong since Fergie left has gone wrong. Clear out in the summer.

mu4c_20le

Well, one point salvaged. At least Arsenal lost. If we finish top 4 then van gaal is a very, very lucky man..

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 491 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 36% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 12% West Ham 0:2 Man Utd