PL W FA Premier League

West Ham United 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 05 December 2020

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Awful first half, the game should have been over at half time.

Pogba giving a typical performance for him this season, mediocre 90 minutes but one moment of brilliance.

Still above the other options though, looking at Declan Rice I'd snap someones hand off to have him in the place of Scott McTominay.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Ole got his tactics spot on there. Left West Ham with 3 defenders marking no one when he took Cavani off.

VP

Imagine how good we'd be with a better manager

Gazza

Individual quality pulled this game out of the fire, I didn't think much of our performance prior to the equaliser. Great result!

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Id take performances and results like that if they get their home form sorted out. No issue going away and getting a scabby win but if you want to challenge you need to make your home a fortress.

Always going to be difficult against a Moyes team who are well drilled and organised. First half to be fair Utd looked punch drunk. That said, love it we went to West Ham with a pretty average team to turn em over.

stevoc

Easy.

In the battle of Smeagol vs Gollum, Smeagol comes out o top.

Acquire Me

Soon as we went 3-1 up, we turned to shit again.
Rashford, great performance to drag us back into the game, but went back to his bad habits after getting his goal and getting the boot in the face.
Nah we were perfect in the second half. Get in :devil:

Gambit

Also hope that's a turning point for us to see Pogba returning to some form at last, been nearly a season and a half we've not seen him.

siw2007

As bad as we were in the first, we were quite good in the 2nd. Martial terrible, wonder if he knew he was carrying an injury to his groin as he was awful. Pogba was poor to start with but thought he was great in the 2nd half, VAR were right to give his goal, there is no evidence that ball went out of play. On top of that, Rashford, Bruno and Greenwood were class too.

Siorac

That Pogba goal out of the blue changed the game entirely.

Basically, in every game we have about a 15-30 minute period where we play well. If that's enough to win, we win. If not - because we miss our chances, for example -, we don't.

Nickosaur

Dare I say, performanceof champions?

Nah forget it. Ole out etc.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
1) Game of two halves
2) Fernandes is the best player we have without a doubt
3) Greenwood or Cavani should be the CF
4) Pogba can't be used against a pressing side but can when the team is tired
5) Corners need to be sorted out
6) Players need a kick up the arse before the game.

Mihai

It's nice to score uno, dos, tres goals in quick succession.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I need Moyes' post-match tears. He's still whinging now. Glorious.

Weird game. Could have been 3 or 4 down by half time, yet we probably should have scored 4 or 5 ourselves in the 2nd.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
9 away wins in a row is a tremendous feat. We were lethargic and so slow for the most part. That was not good. The score could have been anything.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Seriously though we need a new forum. One for MUFC with Bruno. The rest of us will indulge our machochistic fantasies right here where we are comfortable

onemanarmy

Very enjoyable game against a very good team. Happy with the result. On to the next.

Irwin99

This team :lol: For 60 minutes that was pure crap and then this :D . The mental toughness to fight back is brilliant and our fitness levels are very good.

Credit to Maguire and Lindelof (and AWB) for some decent second half defending. Pogba was much better second half, but Rashford and Bruno turned the game. There must be a point now where oppo managers figure out that to stop United you have to get tight to Bruno. He absolutely destroyed them.

Good confidence booster going into a big game in midweek.

svn

You could see from about 50 minutes onwards that we were going to have a great chance of getting back into the game. We started turning the screw and showing a lot more intent.

As soon as the first goal went in, it seemed inevitable.

Awful first half, we were lucky to only be 1 down. But the fact that we ended up winning with ease is a testament to the team and the manager.

David Bartley

We were so poor today, so three points are obviously a great thing.

Shame we can't lay without Fernandes and Rashford.

I completely don't understand why Cavani and not Martial went off at half-time.

Personally, I think the ball for our first goal was actually outside the pitc, but VAR couldn't prove it, so it counted.

A great result, definitely not a great performance.

Bring on the UEFA Champions League and RB Leipzig (they're just finishing a very demanding game vs. Bayern Munich).
Fantastic strikes by Paul, Mason and Marcus. Great ball by Juan. I’m absolutely delighted we won.

But, as Gary Neville rightly said in the first half, ”this Man Utd performance is as bad as it gets – shocking.” In the first half of the second half we weren’t much better. And let’s face it, West Ham are not peak Barcelona.

Surely we won’t keep on winning games where we play such rubbish in the first 60 mins and ship soft goals? (I hope we do, obviously.) Or is it a fiendishly clever rope-a-dope strategy? If so it didn’t work against PSG.

In my mind I’ve backed Ole since he started, despite all the bad parts. This season – although Ed Woodward and the board bear responsibility for thinking they knew better than manager and coaches, never mind fans, and didn’t buy a right winger or a commanding and quick VVD-style centre back – large swathes of our performances have, far too often, been rank. One step forward and you can pretty much bet on one step back. Despite some fabulous highlights.

Personally I have reluctantly come to feel that Ole doesn’t really know what he’s doing. (Many have said this for ages, of course.) There are some good players in this squad. Bruno being the best of them. But we are seriously underperforming and woefully inconsistent. As the old cliché goes, you don’t know which United is going to turn up. Ole should know.

I would like a new manager, and I’m very sad to say that. Great legend at the club, very decent guy – but I do think he’s out of his depth.

Riz

Fernandes is one of the best signings we’ve made in years
Will probably go down as the best signing since Rooney and Ronaldo. Only others in that period that are close would be De Gea and RvP.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Maguire again very good.

Pogba goal live long in the memory. Only player in our side who can do that

Otherwise too inconsistent( not just Pogba mind)

Gambit

Half time subs weren't an indictment on Cavani and VD, but on the rest of the team.

UmbroDays

Good game, in the end...

No idea why we start games like that.

Notable players: Pogba (when Bruno came on), Bruno, Rash, Mason, AWB, Lindeloff

always_hoping

Great win from a tricky fixture for Man United over the years. 9 away wins in a row and great character shone through in the majority of those wins.

The impact off the bench was key tonight. Team performance wise it wasn't as good as Wednesday night but won 3-1 instead of losing 3-1. (football a funny old game)

All three goals was superb and could have scored a few more.

Hopefully the Martial injury is nothing serious.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Ole got the team selection completely wrong. That performance was entirely predictable from the team selection. Rashford and Bruno are world class. You can rest one of them, but not both without an expected drop.

I think summarising the match as United with and without Bruno is the wrong conclusion to draw though. Rashford’s runs gave us everything second half. He’s becoming Mülleresque at exploiting space in the wide and inside channels. It’s a joy to watch him grow on and off the pitch.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Subs changed the game. I’ve been ole out for a minute but credit where it’s due

our away form is mad. Hope Bruno’s back is alright

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win