PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post-match discussion

Sat, 01 February 2020

sparx99

10 points above relegation zone. Not worried yet but if this form continues we might be in for a scare.

Horrible performance today.
Especially with our next 6 fixtures. We'll probably win 2, draw 2, lose 2 but we could lose all 6 of those.

Chelsea (A)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)
Man City (H)
Spurs (A)
Sheffield Utd (H)

GenZRed

It now appears that OGS, a dyed in the wool striker, has an approach to games which is essentially 'Keep a clean sheet and hope to nick a goal.' How on Earth this came to be I don't know.

We haven't moved on from the LVG style of play. The players aren't being coached correctly. We have poor strength in depth, a big reason why Daniel James is not playing well, he is burned out at the moment.

Our midfield is arguably the worst in the league. I'm actually amazed that we are still (just about) in the top four face, at least if you look at the table without knowing about how we play. If you knew how we played, you'd know that we cannot make it to the Top 4.

HowYouDoin

The silver lining in all this is that Im realizing that Rashford is really, really good. He carried this team by himself almost. Imagine him with better service. Its crazy he was able to score as much as he has on this team.

As for Bruno, bit timid perhaps which was to be expected but looks like a good player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wolves are fekkin awful on the eye. Not that they should role over and play dead but fek me one of the most defensive teams in the league. As soon as they lose the ball a back 5 with two sitting midfielders and narrow lines
It's a bit weird seeing everyone wanking them off when they're essentially a rich Burnely, everyone keeps saying they're a better team than us but they haven't beaten us once in the four times we've played them this season. Yeah, we're level on points with them but we're missing our best player, one of our first choice midfielders and our top scorer with little depth.

Run_time_error

I know we all expect a dazzling performance every week but sometimes the opposition are Wolves who have proven time and again this season that they're not pushovers. We had a few chances. Saw some glimpses of what Fernandes can bring. Missing Rashford, as Martial is hopeless by himself. Pity Matic was suspended because Pereira would have got nowhere near starting. I thought Shaw did well because Traore is an absolute monster, I wish we'd signed him.

Schmeichel=God

Especially with our next 6 fixtures. We'll probably win 2, draw 2, lose 2 but we could lose all 6 of those.

Chelsea (A)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)
Man City (H)
Spurs (A)
Sheffield Utd (H)
We VERY much could lose all 6.

Jacob

Toothless is such a fitting word for us. We huff and puff but have nothing to show for it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thank God we get a two week break from this shit. Do these guys even train?
The break is staggered. There isn't a 2 week break.
We play Chelsea next weekend - the Monday for tv, but next weekend in effect.

ash_86

Thought it was a even game with us edging out at the end. We had to deal mid week with city where many of our players who played today were involved and Wolves had a week off.

Hopefully we get couple of players back after the break and can go on a winning run. I'm worried about where goals are going to come though without Rashford.

Arka_BleedingRed

We can sell all the players and get new ones, the result is gonna be the same after the initial break in period. Our coaching is so poor, especially in terms of final third, no attacking patterns, no overloads, poor interlinking, and the few times someone does reach near the box, it is usually followed up by poor passing/decision making. This is 100% a coaching issue. A sh!t coach who is only good at counter attacks is hardly going to break new ground against organised defences. We will keep sticking with Ole, while Poch will get a better offer to join.

Dr Fink

Another p*ss poor performance at OT. Woeful. What is Ole coaching them exactly? “We’re not famous anymore......” and won’t be for while on this evidence.

KennyBurner

Might need to find a new hobby. United isnt doing it for me anymore. Im just tired of watching us at this point. Can you believe we had daniel james and pereira on for 70 minutes. They arent bad players but shouldn't be starters. I know we are short on options but we had a month to buy something else. I feel sorry for the guys that consistently travel to watch us every week. Those are the greatest supporters and i hope their names are written down somewhere in the book of life. I could never do it and yet i believe I love this club so much. So many negative emotions running through my head right now and I just want to be happy. Anyways see you guys next gameweek once Ive eventually forgotten how shite we were the last.

Jericholyte2

Any chance McT is back during the ‘winter break’? The sooner we get Lingard / Pereira (delete as appropriate) out of the starting XI the better.

A midfield 3 of McT, Fred and Bruno will be far ahead of what we saw today.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Teams know how to play against us. Let us have the ball.we’ll pass sideways until we lose possession.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Even first half, dominant for most of the second half. Martial did ok first half but poor second half. James and Pereira poor.
Bruno had a decent game and back four did OK. Need a couple of bodies back and hopefully after the 16 day break we'll be refreshed and not playing with a patched up team.

joedirt87

Can't wait until we have a manager who has never won anything, can't wait till we lose 7-2 at home to Bayern , get knocked out of the League Cup by Colchester and win 6 league games out of 24 in 2019. Right.
I don’t really care if we hire him or not, but he’s a name that’s been mentioned, and I can’t help but feel that we’re on the countdown to Ole being sacked and another manager hired

Irwin99

I don't say this because I hate Wolves as a club but feck me i'm sick of watching these two teams meeting and cancelling each other out for most of the game. Just bugger off you guys and please don't meet us in the Europa League!!!!

Maguire was excellent, Shaw was pretty decent at times (credit it where its due i'm not his biggest fan) and Bruno had a decent first half. Surprised he didn't play a bit further forward.

Dire football though. This is NOT better football than LVG or Jose and it hasn't been all season.

Cockney Phil

This morning the happy clappy bollox crowd tried to stifle criticism of our transfer policy by suggesting this was a great window when clearly even an idiot could see its way inadequate. And so it proved today.

At best it was an anti-climax match. Bruno had a decent debut and showed his potential with some solid work.

Negatives: Bruno alone is no solution when Martial disappears, James fades and Andreas has a mare.
The defence is weak and too many times caught square and on the back foot.
We have poor quality subs on the bench offering few options.

Lots of money spent but no squad quality in depth or breadth.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Dalot upfront, Fernandes defensive midfield.
That says it all, really.
If we bought Messi, Ole would probably ask him to play in midfield and put Lingard or Pereira (who are embarrassingly bad) at the No.10.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Thought it was a even game with us edging out at the end. We had to deal mid week with city where many of our players who played today were involved and Wolves had a week off.

Hopefully we get couple of players back after the break and can go on a winning run. I'm worried about where goals are going to come though without Rashford.
I am not so worried about our squad as I am by our management, OLe at the wheel? what feckin wheel, we are not a ship we are a football club managed by a former striker who was a great player and legend for the club. But he has not got a clue how to manage a club of our size and needs replacing as soon as possible.

RedDevil@84

Lots of decent play. If only Martial knew who were on his team and who were in the opposition.

Von Mistelroum

Draw with a pretty much equally talented side. We looked slightly better for the most part and tbh I'm not sure we are so that's progress I guess. Martial is not very good. Pereira is terrible. Bruno looks decent enough though.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Nuno has a fantastic sounding name. Even better than Ole’s.

That‘s about all I’ve taken away from this.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.

Chelsea (A)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)
Man City (H)
Spurs (A)
Sheffield Utd (H)
We transferred that pre-season form, 30-year old, Watford flop-moved-to-China prodigy, so don't worry - we are going to win all of the next six matches :D

mav_9me

You know he only played about 2 mins today?
Doesn't matter. Just the fact he comes on is massively demoralizing for me.

Right after he came around min 88:50 or so there is a moment where we turned over the ball and Bruno had the ball on the halfway line and he was moving forward. Lingard was 10 yards forward and as they were moving towards the goal Lingard kept running so close with the Wolves defender instead of running into space that he took himself out of the game.

I don't blame him though. It's on the manager who keeps picking him.

Noc-Z

ffs
Never been a Martial fan but now at a point I am completely done with him. Sell him. He has no hunger, determination or desire.

Man of the Match

Harry Maguire image Harry Maguire 28% of 322 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 317 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw