PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post-match discussion

Mon, 03 January 2022

caid

Making the same mistakes as Solskjaer. Were still playing a 424. Still a terrible way to set the team up.

Judas

Open to offers
We've got to start seeing something of note that's positive soon, because its literally the same drab football with a weirder formation. I'm not expecting an overnight turn around, but this is so bad.

SER19

We are the most guileless, spineless bunch of players in the PL. Riddled with overrated rubbish like Rashford who simply wouldn't start for wolves. The most basic decision making is so poor and so deeply ingrained that no manager can fix them. I thought we had a talented squad but to make such a dramatic managerial change and see the same sad sacks outplayed, outmuscled and out fought by wolves yet again is damming of them.

I can't remember despising a group of United players this much

CM

Our midfield is a genuine embarassment. How can you have a team incapable of making simple passes at this level?

Ixion

On the plus side this might make a January midfield signing more likely

TheRedHearted

It’s like when we have the ball we don’t know where to move or where to pass it.
Don’t see how that wasn’t a yellow on the kid who put his foot to Jones’s face there at the end. Sort of weird.
Main thing is we didn’t deserve it. At all. And their attempts weren’t even that good, scoring from a ball landing exactly to Coutinhos feet.
wouldn’t be lying if I were to say I despise that carrying the baby celebration. No idea what it means but can see how much this game meant to them.

Would have felt wrong if we walked away with a win. Ralf has a lot of work to do. Don’t feel like this squad is suited to what he wants to do but there’s still time, or is there?

DickDastardly

Had me fooled. Thinking we might give them a running for their money.

Had the Liverpool at OT vibes from the first 5 minutes.

Lucky to have lost by a goal only.

DDG - 8
AWB - 3
Jones - 7
Varane - 7
Shaw - 5
Mctominay - 5
Matić - 5
Greenwood - 6
Sancho - 5
Ronaldo - 4
Cavani - 5

Bruno - 3
Rashford - 1

jasT1981

Pathetic, utterly pathetic. Outplayed, outclassed, dominated and bullied at home by Wolves. Ole was never the main problem. This goes much deeper. Players just don't give a damn. Disgraceful.

Reddevildans

Fully deserved loss. We didn't deserve anything against them at thier ground. Luck evens itself out. Very poor performance from the start. We've been playing bad since the new manager came in tbh. I really thought things would change and we'll see some patterns develop in the team. But nil. Nothing. Rangnick has been a big disappointment.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
We are worse than under Ole. The formation doesn't suit the players. It's so imbalanced and top heavy. We're barely even seeing any of the pressing Ralf was hyped up. I have no idea what this team is even trying to do.

Seanus

Greenwood taken off again-Ralf is a coward and wont do the right thing in taking either of Ronaldo or Cavani off. Weak management.

minoo-utd

Again. A lot lot of decisions making mistakes even by Ralf here, Bruno had to start and Greenwood should have stayed. Bruno should have scored. Two shots on target and they top us in every single place on the pitch and off the pitch by their manager.

SirScholes

How can so many good players be so so bad. and i thought wed be in a title challenge
Can you name the good players?
not a single one in midfield, we have lots of average players. Not many good and even few world class

our only world class midfielder has serious lack of professionalism, Pogba

yipthatman

Every time I watch United, for a good while now, after the match I feel like I have been robbed. I think I need a new hobby. They are clearly not training properly or following their nutrition and exercise. Bunch of dossers.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
DISGUSTED. Absolutely disgusted. fecking around for 65 minutes, only remembering afterwards that we actually need to score, and losing a critical game after a freak goal. To be fair, Wolves got lucky and didn't deserve to win this, but we were disgusting.

Rangnick needs to make DRASTIC changes as soon as possible. Time for fecking around is over. We have zero chance of making top 4 like this and if we miss on Champions League football, next manager will have very hard time rebuilding the team.

We are in serious trouble, to be honest. Our supposedly crowded attacking force is toothless. Rashford is useless, Greenwood is deflated, neither Ronaldo or Cavani are clinical enough. Sancho is still trying to find his footing and needs more playing time but not what we need yet.

DvB still not getting any playing time, despite McT clearly being a horribly inconsistent one-match wonder.

largelyworried

Depressing. We were shite, as bad as we were under Ole. Deserved nothing, Wolves were the better team throughout. With Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham all above us and in much better form, you'd have to say that top four is very unlikely. I'm not even convinced top 6 is doable to be honest, based on the season so far.

ShinjiNinja26

This shite can’t continue, something drastic has to happen. I’d give the kids a go, least they’ll be hungry to prove themselves and give 100%. I don’t want half these wankers putting on the shirt ever again, they get chance after chance and serve up garbage every time. Unacceptable.

always_hoping

Deserved win for Wolves although I believe their goal came from their only shot on target 2nd half. The miss by Bruno (off the crossbar proved costly)

Honeymoon period well and truly over for Rangnick now, should know now if he didn't already that this is a very difficult task with a flaky group of players.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
This team is just a bunch of uncoachable players. Everyone either stays still or roams so randomly to cut other player's path. Passes never have the right weight. The decision making has to be one of the worst in the league. Even the bottom clubs know exactly what they are and make correct decisions in attack more often than not when there is opportunity. We should forget about any sort of European football next summer.

joedirt87

this team is dogshit right now. the further out from Crystal Palace we get the worse the system that Rangnick wants to play looks.

BlueHaze

Do people still think "Ole built a great squad for the next manager" ?

There's so many problems in that team you don't even know where to begin.

Saddy

Terrible formation and starting 11 - Unbelievable decision to take Greenwood off.

Sancho - we've been robbed again

The honeymoon is over for Ralf all I see now is no midfield / attack and absolutely zero pressing

Joseunited

AWB, McT, Sancho and Ronaldo not good enough IMO. overall I see "progress"

But cue the overreactions below.
Progress :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
A performance equal to the Liverpool/City dross.
Cavani played the full 90 because Ralph wants him to stay.
Utter dross, no desire, none of this "pressing " football that Ralph is famous for.
Fecking rubbish, 0-1 flattered us.

reddevil702

We have no midfield. How players at this level can so bad at doing the basics is just embarrassing.

JG3001

Don’t really know what we can do when players like Mctominay, Matic, Fred, AWB, Maguire, Rashford etc are your regulars.

Yes I’m aware Maguire didn’t play today.

We don’t have a midfield and it’s the most critical part of any team in helping attack and defence.

Coupled with a 36yo striker, who as much as I’m grateful for dragging us through games at times, should really not be leading the line for a team looking to compete.

Aretak

How can so many good players be so so bad. and i thought wed be in a title challenge
Because they're not good players for the most part. A mix of massively overrated youngsters and fading stars with half an eye on retirement, combined with a bunch of mediocre journeymen (and worse). Not a single player from that team today would get into the City or Liverpool starting eleven.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
We are worse than under Ole. The formation doesn't suit the players. It's so imbalanced and top heavy. We're barely even seeing any of the pressing Ralf was hyped up. I have no idea what this team is even trying to do.
0-5 vs liverpool (could've been 0-10) 0-2 city 1-4 watford

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
McT Matic is a far worse midfield than Wolves. They’d be squad players at wolves ffs. Ronaldo has been awful in the league. CL he keeps pulling it out of the bag but he’s just not intense or inventive enough to trouble PL defenders on a regular basis. To be fair the lads are playing garbage stuff behind him. Doesn’t help. Rashford and Sancho, awful. Cavani invisible. Jones motm. 2 hours of my life I’m not going to get back.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Feel a bit sick. Something is badly amiss.

Our issues are institutional.
This.

The club itself is poisoned. The removal of certain individuals won't fix it. I actually have no idea how we get ourselves out of this.

Man of the Match

Phil Jones image Phil Jones 77% of 326 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 313 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw