postgame:Arsenal vs Manchester City

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Sorry for my terrible post,I don’t have any excuse.
It’s my fault,I can’t control my emotion.
Anyway,to be honest I still not impress the referee today,He made some bad decisions during the match(ex.Rodri,Bernardo and Odegaard).
On Xhaka,I think he deserved a penalty for sure and Gabriel deserved a red card too.

Arsenal players play really well today and I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Ref/VAR we’re fine? Salty Liverpool fan, sorry mate it isn’t your year.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i thought he had an excellent game.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Ref was fine, maybe direct your ire at the bloke on VAR

padr81

Supports
Man City
Feck off refree,I don’t have words to you.Such a cnut
It is so shameful.
Aye I mean the cheek of him using the VAR to fix the peno decision he got wrong and giving 2 absolute stonewall yellows. The only decision he potentially got wrong (without VAR fixing it) was the Ederson one and thats almost impossible to see it he got a toe on the ball (looks like he didn't from 2nd angle).

Mo Salah and Mane have won 50 penalties each doing exactly what Bernardo did...

Jev

The Arsenal penalty is definitely clearer than the one City got. There's no logic behind one being given by VAR and the other dismissed.

arnie_ni

The only one you can complain about is the arsenal pen. Every other decision was correct.

Lie down

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Referee didn't ruin the game.

Idxomer

He should've given more cards for the constant moaning from Arsenal players.

Basso

When Martinelli had the open goal the ref was blocking him in the beginning. Should still have scored, but the ref should never be that close to the goal.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The Arsenal penalty is definitely clearer than the one City got. There's no logic behind one being given by VAR and the other dismissed.
You could clearly see Xhaka had a handful of his shirt on replay. Which is an obvious foul. Not visible from the referee’s position. That’s VAR working properly.

There was no obvious mistake with the Ederson tackle. Looked like he won the ball in real time and replays were non-conclusive.

Nick7

I don’t their either were penalties, but I don’t think I’d argue much if either was given. The red was justified by Gabriel being an idiot. The leniency City and Liverpool get for regular fouls is far more egregious.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
The crying over this game doesn't make any sense. That was a clear penalty as Xhaka fouled him, and Gabriel's red card was a result of him having a brain fart.

By far the most annoying fanbase in the world.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
It is so shameful.
I think I have watched so many football matches from old generations to present and I usually stay calm and enjoy it almost all matches, but this match is one of the matches that makes me fecking rampage.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Thought the ref did a good job, considering it was such a fiery match. Arsenal players lost their head.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I genuinely didn’t think he did much wrong.
Arsenal’s penalty, in my eyes, not a penalty.
City’s penalty had two offences - he could have gone down easily with Xhaka’s leg, and then he had a solid shirt grab to put cherry on top. Went down easy, but it’s a penalty.

Gabriel had a stupid yellow for scuffing the spot, and then clearly body checked Jesus needlessly.

Keown is as bitter as they come - and I enjoyed it.

fergieisold

It is so shameful.
I think I have watched so many football matches from old generations to present and I usually stay calm and enjoy it almost all matches, but this match is one of the matches that makes me fecking rampage.
The ref had an excellent game. No idea what you were watching. The only people losing the plot were the commentators.

Giggsy13

It is so shameful.
:lol:

allen7

Deserved for arsenal, I think bernardo is learning from lacazette blatant dives

R'hllor

There is no way you support Liverpool and AC Milan in 50:50 ratio

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He had a good game. Keown moaning about holding getting booked for a clear yellow and Laporte not being penalised for a non-existent “high arm” was pretty funny. To accuse the ref of losing control of the game when he was an unbiased emotional clown on comms was slightly ironic.

RUCK4444

It is so shameful.
Nonsense. They got every decision spot on.

People are having a melt down because they think if a team plays well they are entitled to not have good decisions go against them.

RUCK4444

He had a good game. Keown moaning about holding getting booked for a clear yellow and Laporte not being penalised for a non-existent “high arm” was pretty funny. To accuse the ref of losing control of the game when he was an unbiased emotional clown on comms was slightly ironic.
Yeah especially when he agreed it was a pen to city and then changed his tune 10 mins later. He’s an idiot, cannot bare him on commentary.