postgame:Arsenal vs Manchester City

padr81

Supports
Man City
It was a very good refereeing performance. In difficult circumstances. Could maybe have booked more Arsenal players, who lost their heads completely. But that would be harsh criticism.
I get the feeling your enjoying this...

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
just imagine this image in words

:lol:
Ref wasn't content with giving a Red card, denying us a penalty and then giving City one. They were even defending for City.:mad:
tbh I don't think the ref has done much wrong there. Outside of becoming intangible there's players everywhere and wherever he stood he'd be in the way a little.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I act like a cnut,so I think if I don't delete my childlish post,it will not reflect in a good way.
Don't worry about it, I act like a cnut all the time. Arguing about football is fun, it's not like any of this matters :D

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
:lol:

tbh I don't think the ref has done much wrong there. Outside of becoming intangible there's players everywhere and wherever he stood he'd be in the way a little.
Yeah, I was joking. Though he should know better than to enter the penalty area when the ball is still active.

chiz2kul

fantastic game for the neutral had everything. controversy, red cards, shit housery, good chances etc. Arsenal continue to be impressive - once they get rid of their expected brain farts, they'll go on to the next level.
City were oh so poor today - combination of fatigue and tactically arsenal was spot on. But luck always favors champions and they definitely benefitted from 50/50 decisions today.
overall a great watch. Embarrassing by some arsenal fans saying that Rodri should have been sent off for taking off shirt and celebrating in the crowd l.ol thats just a lame take. I honestly didnt think he did it on purpose but who knows.

Rex Banner

I still don't think it's a penalty. Not enough contact for Bernardo to go down, and the ref clearly felt the same at the time. If it was given for the shirt pull then we should have about 50 penalties a game because it constantly happens and you rarely see it result in a penalty. What made this one so different? Not to mention the fact that Bernardo's already on the way down, so it's not as if it actually impeded him in any way.

If that was given against us this place would be up in arms. I really doubt everyone would be so unanimous in thinking it was the right decision.

Zapata

arsenal are looking pretty good, despite this loss i'd be worried about them finishing above us

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
yesss,I love you so much.
Just came back from Bangkok. Every single Thai out there supports Liverpool. Easily the biggest fanbase out there. I can tell you're a local Thai Liverpool supporter who is angry that your title chances have vanished.

Please don't make the kids on this forum think you're a gooner. We get enough hatred for some reason :lol:

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Just came back from Bangkok. Every single Thai out there supports Liverpool. Easily the biggest fanbase out there. I can tell you're a local Thai Liverpool supporter who is angry that your title chances have vanished.

Please don't make the kids on this forum think you're a gooner. We get enough hatred for some reason :lol:
In fact,in Thailand Liverpool and Man United are two of the most popular clubs in Thailand.
But if I have to choose the most supporting club in Thailand,It would be Man United(win by a small margin).

arthurka

Only thing was not looking at the Ödegaard pen claim. Other than that he was pretty much very solid.

Siezard

Good day when Arsenal drop points! Man city solidify their lead over pool!

POF

How can that City penalty even be a debate? Silva cut inside Xhaka and was past him. Xhaka stuck out his leg, there was thigh on thigh contact.

It's as blatant a penalty as you'll see.

The commentary focus in trying to make these decisions controversial is really irresponsible in my opinion.

I watched studio analysis where Dermot Gallagher explained why it was a penalty. It was measured and clear and nobody could argue with it.

The host said that whether it was a penalty or not "wasn't the question" and Lee Dixon said "I don't care what you think". He didn't care about the opinion of the referee expert they have to comment on these decisions. The whole studio was so fixated on whether it was a "clear and obvious error" rather than a foul.

Their justification for not sending it to VAR was that an ex-Arsenal player didn't think it was a foul, so as the studio was divided, it wasn't a "clear and obvious error".

Football is such an emotional and partisan game that logic goes completely out the window. But I find it really incredible that analysts who are paid for their "expert" opinion are actively encouraged to spout uneducated partisan childish nonsense.

Pearl.Jam

Just came back from Bangkok. Every single Thai out there supports Liverpool. Easily the biggest fanbase out there.
absolute drivel, my wife is Thai and for the last 10 years I’ve traveled all over Thailand on too many occasions to mention and United are by far the biggest club out there, the dippers have a big following too but it’s not the same as us..so don’t go making shit up

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
absolute drivel, my wife is Thai and for the last 10 years I’ve traveled all over Thailand on too many occasions to mention and United are by far the biggest club out there, the dippers have a big following too but it’s not the same as us..so don’t go making shit up
Calm down, I have an apartment out there and it seems the majority of the arm chair fans out there are switching to Liverpool. Of course United based on the last 10 years but going on my assessment of 2021 I've seen more Liverpool supporters. Calm you tits lad.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
How can anyone call that a good performance by the referee is beyond me , descions aside a good referring performance requires control over the players and keeping everything in check and along the lines to stamp your authority(just look up how the bald Italian used to do it), he completely failed in those regards and had lost any semblance of control, his indecisiveness led to even further controversy and on top of that you've still got them suspect descions.

It was an abject performance and calling it anything but is a tad dishonest in my humble opinion.

RUCK4444

How can anyone call that a good performance by the referee is beyond me , descions aside a good referring performance requires control over the players and keeping everything in check and along the lines to stamp your authority(just look up how the bald Italian used to do it), he completely failed in those regards and had lost any semblance of control, his indecisiveness led to even further controversy and on top of that you've still got them suspect descions.

It was an abject performance and calling it anything but is a tad dishonest in my humble opinion.
Except every decision was spot on in my opinion. Also the ones people are even questioning we’re from VAR’s involvement.

Even the yellow cards were spot on as far as I remember. It’s being overblown because ‘Arsenal played well.’

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Except every decision was spot on in my opinion. Also the ones people are even questioning we’re from VAR’s involvement.

Even the yellow cards were spot on as far as I remember. It’s being overblown because ‘Arsenal played well.’
You could make the right decision and still shit the bed by dithering and being weak, he had no control and wasn't firm enough

For example Mike Dean who is mostly a bellend in regards to the shitty descions he makes manages to be more competent by sole virtue of being firm and a shithouse

Alek M

Da manic one
First off Aresenal dominated City. Wow. Have not seen somebody totally outplay city

the city penalty,city player ran into the defender

Arsenal were robbed. But happy for the outcome

thepolice123

Feel that Arsenal should have gotten that pen. On another day it probably would have been given

Idiotic mistakes by Gabriel and Xhaka costed them the game. The Xhaka pen was stonewall. The Gabriel second yellow was harsh but fair. However, we have seen many times how the likes of Fernandinho and Rodri get away with cynical fouls like that.

Coxy

First off Aresenal dominated City. Wow. Have not seen somebody totally outplay city

the city penalty,city player ran into the defender

Arsenal were robbed. But happy for the outcome
Personally was gutted by the outcome - hate City.

Credit to Arsenal - came so close.

CornishReds

As much as I hate city the ref was spot on today and var was used correctly arsenal are still small time*empty seats everywhere) and lost there heads they have themselves to blame. Not to mention the result was good for our top 4 chances

jesperjaap

I think the two penalty decisions were correct Odegaard was just so hard to tell despite all the replays, Silva was a definite penalty even though the dive was pathetic from the shirt pull side. I do however think a lot of the other decisions went against Arsenal.

I think Arsenal are looking good for the fourth spot though and future when you look at what Arteta has manged to do weeding out the troublesome players, although spending money, surprisingly t looks like he has spent well, who would have thought the keeper would be a good signing for instance? And despite yesterdays silly red card, been very impressed with Gabriel. They dont look ready to compete for the to pthree as there results against these sides show, but I do think they are ready to go on a run o fbeating many of the other teams in the league.....somethign as of yet we certainly dont. Ragnik getting this group into the top four woulo dbe a great acheivement for his short spell here if he manages it