Posts that annoy you during transfer windows

Max_United

1. “We just need to sign 5 world class players”

2. “If we get rid of [fringe player who started 8 games last season] we have to spend 40m on a replacement”.

3. “I would sign [list of players with transfers fees paid of a fifth of what they would actually realistically cost] and that is us sorted for just 150m”

4. “I would sell [list of our players with transfer fees received of 5x of what we would realistically get] and that is us easily raising 150m”

5. “We need to get rid of [a list of 20 players] in this transfer window”

6. “We do not need him, he would block the development of [a player who will be struggling for game time in Championship in 2 years].

7. “Omg, what we were thinking buying all this crap players that we are now struggling to to get rid of [history of posts includes enthusiastically cheering each and every of our signings]

8. Why cannot we be as quick and smart in transfer market as [clubs who haven’t even signed anyone in the window yet and whose last X big name signings flopped].

9. “I do not want us to sign [player nationality]. He will be pushing for Madrid move in a few years if he is any good anyway”

10. “A disaster of a window. We have not strengthened at all, only bought a mediocre overpriced midfielder, whereas our rivals bought great players. We will be lucky to get top four [Club proceeds to win 3 titles in 3 years].

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
"Calm down, the window hasn't opened yet / just opened"

Because of course clubs wait until the registration period to begin their transfer business

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
<player that you want> has signed for <club that isn't United>

It's too much!!!

Reddevildans

The most annoying ones are those valuing how much we would get for the deadwood. When in reality we hardly get anything compared to other clubs or hardly shift the deadwood. Happens every summer.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Because of course clubs wait until the registration period to begin their transfer business
Also "look they are also not doing any business"

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The most annoying ones are those valuing how much we would get for the deadwood. When in reality we hardly get anything compared to other clubs or hardly shift the deadwood. Happens every summer.
Always absurdly unrealistic amounts, like 20m for Williams and 30m for Bailly.

Baneofthegame

For me, the “oh look how other teams do their business so fast we are garbage etc”.

Bertie Wooster

I don't read too many threads on the Transfer forum as I find we're linked to so many players that never arrive so I try not to over invest emotionally until there's clearly some genuine activity on a deal.

However, when I do read threads about what we need to do in the market, etc, then, yeah, the most frustrating are those that talk about us selling squad players for unrealistically high prices, and then suggest buying in demand targets for unrealistically low prices. And thinking that's all realistic and very doable to hugely improve the squad quality at little cost.

So, yeah, numbers 3 and 4 on the list in the OP.

Skills

Snitch
It's not my money - who cares what we spend

Back the manager

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
In and out lists about 8 players long on both sides, with sale and purchase prices plucked out their arse. Bonus points for including players we should never be selling or would.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
It's not my money - who cares what we spend

Back the manager
Yeah, people seem weirdly proud of their feigned ignorance with that one.

Bring on utd

Anything that contains the words, Sneijder, Gaitan or unzip. Or that countless tedious posts stating how many pages are in the thread.

IRELANDUNITED

“That’s a brilliant signing for Liverpool”

Even if it is, I don’t wanna know about it. F*ck off.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Let's keep Maguire as a squad player after him letting us down time and again and again and again....

Dominos

I remember this one last summer, and the result our incredibly slow transfer dealings was us losing our first 2 games and scrambling around at the end of August paying over the odds trying to get players through the door to rescue the season.

It's amazing how after 10 straight years of utterly dismal transfer dealings, there will always be an army of fans who think the club can do no wrong and we must be ecstatic about every decision they make.

glasgow 21

I remember this one last summer, and the result our incredibly slow transfer dealings was us losing our first 2 games and scrambling around at the end of August paying over the odds trying to get players through the door to rescue the season.

It's amazing how after 10 straight years of utterly dismal transfer dealings, there will always be an army of fans who think the club can do no wrong and we must be ecstatic about every decision they make.
Correct, if they mess up this summer those in charge of transfers need lined up and frogged marched out of United. We are happy to jump on player " they have had long enough to improve" time our attention is drawn to the transfers to make sure they don't get away with bollock decisions anymore. Firstly anymore than 55 million for Mount from Chelsea and we should walk.

Tarrou

the joke that infers we need to pay more if we include {insert shit player} in a loan deal

always gets a green smiley too which is equally annoying

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Do we really need Casemiro when we have James Garner needing minutes?

Devil You Know

Monitoring FC

Considering FC

Preparing a bid FC

None of these things is true about United. It's just terminology invented by rubbish journalist who make up articles out of thin air and need to hedge their bets about what's happening behind the scenes. Nobody who's in the know will leak fluff pieces about what might happen. What's the point in that? Leaks will be about what has happened. Everything else is speculation invented for retweets, google search results and hitting the pleasure centres of muppet brains.

gusmov

We just need to sign 5 world class players. Get Oshimen, Neymar, Rice, KMJ and Diogo Costa.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Especially given the wages we pay and the fact that we keep basically every player for 2 years past when we should so their value couldn't possibly get lower :lol:

I still can't believe we didn't sell Lingard to West Ham after he had that blinder of a loan. Or even the rumors last summer of turning down Chelsea trying to approach for Maguire. We might be the worst selling club in the world

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
1. “We just need to sign 5 world class players”

2. “If we get rid of [fringe player who started 8 games last season] we have to spend 40m on a replacement”.

3. “I would sign [list of players with transfers fees paid of a fifth of what they would actually realistically cost] and that is us sorted for just 150m”

4. “I would sell [list of our players with transfer fees received of 5x of what we would realistically get] and that is us easily raising 150m”

5. “We need to get rid of [a list of 20 players] in this transfer window”

6. “We do not need him, he would block the development of [a player who will be struggling for game time in Championship in 2 years].

7. “Omg, what we were thinking buying all this crap players that we are now struggling to to get rid of [history of posts includes enthusiastically cheering each and every of our signings]

8. Why cannot we be as quick and smart in transfer market as [clubs who haven’t even signed anyone in the window yet and whose last X big name signings flopped].

9. “I do not want us to sign [player nationality]. He will be pushing for Madrid move in a few years if he is any good anyway”

10. “A disaster of a window. We have not strengthened at all, only bought a mediocre overpriced midfielder, whereas our rivals bought great players. We will be lucky to get top four [Club proceeds to win 3 titles in 3 years].
Good list, 1,3,4,8 is spot on.

I'm assuming 10 is in reference to Carrick?

KD6-3.7

Posts when it comes to selling players. We are arguably one of the worst teams in world football when it comes to selling players but you see people on here claiming we will be able to shift off the likes of Maguire, McTominay, Martial plus many more and say we will make over £100M from selling them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Always absurdly unrealistic amounts, like 20m for Williams and 30m for Bailly.
It's always the same. A couple of players who were regulars but then a string who contributed about 30 appearances between them, and quoting it'll bring in 150m

Micky Targaryen

For me, the “oh look how other teams do their business so fast we are garbage etc”.
I see you and I will counter your bid with "Be patient. It's only been X* number of days since the season ended."

*insert however many days you want until the next season resumes.

finneh

"Just get X player for free", often grinds my gears. As if his agent isnt get a huge fee, he isn't getting a huge sign-on fee and he isn't looking for millions extra in annual wages for the duration of his contract to offset the transfer fee.

It also applies to players with a release clause lower than their market value "Haaland was only £52m", of course if you ignore the £45m in agents fee's and the fact he's being paid £100m over 5 years (and that's on the books).

Robertd0803

When talking about players potential mentioning
"He becomes a beast in my FM save"

Grow up, literally no one else on the planet cares about your FM save.

Drizzle

United are interested in (Superstar Player):
"Well, I'm interested in getting a blowjob off (famous sex symbol of choice depending on age of poster) but doesn't mean it's going to happen."

finneh

"Just get X player for free", often grinds my gears. As if his agent isnt getting a huge fee, he isn't getting a huge sign-on fee and he isn't looking for millions extra in annual wages for the duration of his contract to offset the lack of transfer fee.

It also applies to players with a release clause lower than their market value "Haaland was only £52m", of course if you ignore the £45m in agents fee's and the fact he's being paid £100m over 5 years (and that's on the books).

Drizzle

Do we really need Casemiro when we have James Garner needing minutes?
God the amount if people on here annoyed we sold Garner for £15m...the guy couldn't even start for a terrible Everton. That was good business for us.

Big Andy

Bloke
-----------------------When----------------------------
People---------Do-----------Posts---------Like
---------This--------because-------they---------
---------Are----------virgin--------twats-------

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Mine is "There's no value in the market"- that quote by SAF set us years and made fans settle for less, even today you still read cheeky post like that.

James35

Everything said from the negative to the overly positive. Can’t wait for it to end already.