Posts that were actually made on the day we beat Roma 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There is banter and there is being dead serious in their hatred of elements of the team (Ole,Pogba, Lindelof,Fred, Maguire etc etc) and using any opportunities to spit the venom.
This is a beautiful thread @Wumminator

kouroux

Thread is pointless as it's based on reactions which is naturally occurring in the theme of any sport. If these posts were of negativity before the game it gives the OP far more credibility with making a point.
Reacting negatively is one thing but to call for the manager's head aftee 1 half of a 2 legged tie ?? That makes no sense and you know some of these are dead serious

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Thread is pointless as it's based on reactions which is naturally occurring in the theme of any sport. If these posts were of negativity before the game it gives the OP far more credibility with making a point.
Normally yes but this is a pattern since Ole was hired. If you are trying to say theres no previous plastic nonsense on here you are just lying or mistaken.

Ramshock

Yeah cause thats how it works in dreamland... The stupid unworthy fans will learn it eventually and accept, that the true United fans were right after all... After two years around this forum having the Ole debate, it should be obvious that it doesn't stop the fire when the pro Ole guys try to rub it into the Ole out guys as much as possible as soon as there is a slight debate.

The adult thing would be to just leave the matchday threads if you it is impossible for you to stand its content. But no, rub it in them, just give them a reason to come back for you as soon as something bad happens. Kindergarten.
The adult thing to do would be to support the fecking manager and stop being moaning cnuts

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Just 90 minutes of football this season where we have dominated? Either you have a ridiculous definition of dominating or Ole has married the lady luck for eternity for us to be the 2nd best team in the PL despite playing so poorly.
Ole OUT. The P.E teacher, polygamist cnut.

AnOutOfTowner

Yeah, people overreacted. But let's say in the final, we meet Arsenal and they batter us 3-0.... Will it be okay if one of the quoted guys then comes back to this thread, and he also quotes some of you guys?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yeah, people overreacted. But let's say in the final, we meet Arsenal and they batter us 3-0.... Will it be okay if one of the quoted guys then comes back to this thread, and he also quotes some of you guys?
It’d be a bit odd to celebrate the failure of a team they supposedly support, but it’s a free country.

F-Red

Some truly embarrassing posts quoted in the first post. I'd expect it from newbies, but there's some established posters in there.

Good thread @Wumminator

Godfather

People react to a very underwhelming first half against a shocking Roma. Over the top? Sure also by myself. But that's football. Get a grip

vidic blood & sand

There is banter and there is being dead serious in their hatred of elements of the team (Ole,Pogba, Lindelof,Fred, Maguire etc etc) and using any opportunities to spit the venom.
This is a beautiful thread @Wumminator
Isn't this normal for any passionate fan?
You will rarely ever find me slating the team, but it should be obvious to anyone that we will never win the league with that maguire Lindelof defensive partnership. Pogba is always man of the match when he fancies it, but is looking for the exit. Cavani is our only experienced natural striker, and he wants out also. There'll always be those who are looking for reasons to hate, but for me that's no worse than those who pretend not to see obvious problems.
We desperately need to strengthen in the summer to challenge for the title, and it's probable, due to the financial situation, that the money won't be available. We don't want to have our heads up our arses pretending everything will be ok.

GazTheLegend

*Villarreal. And no. All the people quoted in the op have been humiliated and should rightfully feel embarrassed. If there are any legitimate concerns about their mental well being or they double down on their comments, to be frank they should be banned for their own safety as mentioned in another thread, because this constant ritual humiliation every time Manchester United look like losing they will bump the same threads and say the same nonsense - imagine Liverpool could be their first chance. And if they try to be smug about our club losing then they need to go. This isn't the place to be smug about Manchester United losing a game of football (which luckily we don't do a lot of)

norm87cro

I like this thread and it is a reminder why I don't post during the game. Personally I think Roma had a psyhological edge by the end of the half. Nothing to do with tactics. The approach was ok and Ole clearly played (imo 10 out of 11) our first 11

AnOutOfTowner

It’d be a bit odd to celebrate the failure of a team they supposedly support, but it’s a free country.
i
It would be odd... All I'm trying to say is let's all just enjoy this win. This "Ole In/Ole Out" fight is really unnecessary. Some people are happy with, which is fine. And some think he won't get us where we think we should be as a team, which is also fine.

We won 6-2 gawd dammit. We should be fighting on this forum, trying to embarrass other people :):):)

Andre Kagawa

These name and shame threads are equally as embarrassing as some of those match thread posts. Top reds!

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
*Villarreal. And no. All the people quoted in the op have been humiliated and should rightfully feel embarrassed. If there are any legitimate concerns about their mental well being or they double down on their comments, to be frank they should be banned for their own safety as mentioned in another thread, because this constant ritual humiliation every time Manchester United look like losing they will bump the same threads and say the same nonsense - imagine Liverpool could be their first chance. And if they try to be smug about our club losing then they need to go. This isn't the place to be smug about Manchester United losing a game of football (which luckily we don't do a lot of)
Valid point. I don’t suppose everyone quoted is in the same boat as me but I’ve been suffering from crippling depression for a long time. My moaning about anything and everything related to this club absolutely is a manifestation of that. You look to football to give you moments of joy but end up having to deal with Liverpool winning the league last year and the potential of City winning the Champions League this year.

At the final whistle I was happy but didn’t post because it’s so much easier to display unhappiness.

But I don’t see my inclusion in the list as being something to make my mental health worse, more of a much needed wake up call.

Thanks @Wumminator. I needed that. And it’s perfect timing too because when Liverpool beat us at the weekend this will be me in the match day thread.

Godfather

These name and shame threads are equally as embarrassing as some of those match thread posts. Top reds!
You mustn't take it so serious. I look back at some of my posts yesterday that were clearly dumb and over the top and simply have a laugh. The board has always (also) been a place for people to let their emotions go during match days. Not the best idea but I do it as well.

However, the fact that some go to the trouble and work of searching out individual posts to get acknowledgement or approval is a bit sad.

Godfather

*Villarreal. And no. All the people quoted in the op have been humiliated and should rightfully feel embarrassed.
:lol: Yeah and carry out Seppuku! You can never take the embarrassment of being quoted in a football forum. The bullshit posted by some in this thread is worse than anything you read in matchday threads when emotions run high

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
What a thread. It was a poor half, so it is normal that some overreact. If we would have lost the game 2-1, I'm sure many who play cool now would have been pissed too. Hindsight is always 20/20

MattyLT

Sums up the match day thread pretty well. Hang your heads in shame :nono:
If only it was limited to the match day thread, but people were spamming the entire forum down at half-time. Personally, I don't mind the knee-jerkery in match day threads - it's kind of what they're for. But letting it bleed into other threads is a bit embarrassing.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You will rarely ever find me slating the team, but it should be obvious to anyone that we will never win the league with that maguire Lindelof defensive partnership. Pogba is always man of the match when he fancies it, but is looking for the exit. Cavani is our only experienced natural striker, and he wants out also. There'll always be those who are looking for reasons to hate, but for me that's no worse than those who pretend not to see obvious problems.
We desperately need to strengthen in the summer to challenge for the title, and it's probable, due to the financial situation, that the money won't be available. We don't want to have our heads up our arses pretending everything will be ok.
this is far better then the original post - although I actually think the defensive problems are elsewhere and, as I'v said before, I think Maguire's lack of pace might be the problem whereas others think it's Lindelof. But then there are some here who think Smalling is better than both :nono:

If only it was limited to the match day thread, but people were spamming the entire forum down at half-time. Personally, I don't mind the knee-jerkery in match day threads - it's kind of what they're for. But letting it bleed into other threads is a bit embarrassing.
Thankfully the player performance threads are locked. The fact that people bump the pseudo player/ manager performance threads during a match really pisses me off - and there’s no need for it.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
:lol: Yeah and carry out Seppuku! You can never take the embarrassment of being quoted in a football forum. The bullshit posted by some in this thread is worse than anything you read in matchday threads when emotions run high
Indeed

matsdf

Great thread! Hopefully keep these toxic posters quiet for a while!

kouroux

No, it's not normal to bang about Ole deserving to be sacked when there was still 3 halves to still play vs AS Roma. Passion doesn't mean reacting stupidly and spewing nonsense at any opportunity. There is a way to criticize players during games that doesn't include "sack him or sell x or y"

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Let's be honest the mood at HT was very different than full time. Things weren't looking great after such expectation, I'm not surprised people lost their heads.

This is the matchday thread also after all!

twitter thread suggester
Let's be honest the mood at HT was very different than full time. Things weren't looking great after such expectation, I'm not surprised people lost their heads.

This is the matchday thread also after all!
it was obvious we were the better team and that chances would come. Roma were rubbish in the first half.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
If the intention of this thread was merely to humiliate other posters then people who say that it isn't necessary or that it only adds to the Cafes problem would be right, however I don't think that was the case here.

I don't know @Wumminator but I like his posts and I think he is only striving for the same thing that many other posters here (including myself) seem to want, which is a forum that isn't awash with agenda posters jumping on the manager and the team at every opportunity. The matchday threads are designed for this in-the-moment ranting and I'd never personally go there to read that stuff, but if threads such as the awful coaching one or the manager performance one are being bumped 30 minutes into a game then that is pretty embarrassing for those involved.

Ramshock

Nope its not normal and nor should it be acceptable

RedIan

Ive no problem with fans venting during a match when things are not going well. Its an emotional game ! Who hasn’t said something during a game only to eat their words later... Its the so called fans who post they are turning off or they are “done with United” etc that i cant stand. Glory hunting fans who have never known the bad times.

True supporters stand by their team through thick and thin, yes voice opinions on players, and making scapegoats has always gone on, you only had to sit on the Stretford end during the fergie glory days and you would still hear some loud Giggsy haters.. i often sat shaking my head at these so called fans..

Calling posters out with the benefit of hindsight is in bad taste though imo And I’m surprised admin allow it.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It's a second rate competition in which we are seeing our biggest rivals win the real big one that will cement their legacy while we are stuck in circles under Ole.

We'll win it but it wasn't a massive success for everyone when Mourinho won it so what's the difference with Ole?

We should be aiming for CL's and Premier League's....like what we use to be like
So if we win the Europa League, it’s a tinpot cup which we should win anyway & if we lose you can say “Ole doesn’t even have a cup to his name/what trophies has he won?”

That’s how this works right?

It’s a European trophy & while not as prestigious as the UCL it’s still a prestigious trophy. Don’t turn your nose up at it, because what is the point of watching the team play if you don’t respect the competition? You have no right to celebrate us winning it (if we do) if you rate the competition so low.

Much of the team is still young and haven’t won a lot a 2nd european trophy would push them on and springboard them for more trophies.

I for one am excited for what is to come & hopefully United can grab another european trophy to their cupboard! I’d be so happy fir us and even more so for Ole! Because he deserves it after all the crap he’s had from so called fans during his tenure.

The man has got us to numerous semi finals during his time & is improving the squad year on year, respect his name & be patient more prestigious trophies will be on the way, we just got to win 2 more games! Come on United!!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
it was obvious we were the better team and that chances would come. Roma were rubbish in the first half.
I think that just added to the frustration, I know it did for me.

We were clearly the better team but somehow 2-1 down at home, it felt like the semi curse was happening all over again.

Gladly the team more than put that to bed in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.