Pot 2

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
We won't draw any of the teams from Pot 2 though.
I know. It was just a general observation. It is in fact very likely to happen each year as title winning teams from 6th-7th/8th ranked nations occupy pot 1 while pot 2 have all the remaining big teams except title winners from top 3-4 ranked nations of Europe.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I know. It was just a general observation. It is in fact very likely to happen each year as title winning teams from 6th-7th/8th ranked nations occupy pot 1 while pot 2 have all the remaining big teams except title winners from top 3-4 ranked nations of Europe.
It's actually fair this way. Otherwise the bigger teams occupy top seeds and it fecks things up. At least all the groups would be equally balanced now.

WPMUFC

From a non-MUFC perspective.

Bayern, Barca, Spurs, Roma is an actual possibility. That is a tasty group for neutrals. Not one bad match up in that group.

Verbalkint

We'll be good. I trust JM has a couple of good signings in his crosshairs :)

Once he has the players he wants in, he'll do the job. Bring on Pot 2.

therambler

No real disadvantage to being in pot 2 as opposed to pot 1 by the looks of things (apart from not being reigning league winner). Not being in any European competition in 14/15 really hurts our coefficient.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
What is the rule on the 5th team in the CL (us), facing English opposition in the qualifying round? Reason I ask, because last time we had 5 teams in (well, Everton failed in their qualifying game, but still), Liverpool were drawn against Chelsea in the qualifying rounds, no?

Razvan

The only English team playing in the qualifiers will be Liverpool, the rest are in the group stage already.