Potential CB Options

Ace of Spades

Please tell me we have some kids coming through?
We do, but CB is probably the most difficult position to blood them in. They will make mistakes, and every mistake is magnified when playing for us. I would not mind giving them a chance in cup games.

Borussia Teeth

I don't think it's a question of playing 2 DMs to protect the back 4 - it's just that you need hard working midfielders in the modern game especially with ball playing CBs and full backs that push up. Our alternatives in midfield to Fred and Mctominay are Pogba and Matic - both better on the ball but also cover far less ground.

Look at Liverpool - their most common midfield last season was probably Henderson, Fabinho and Wjnaldum. All 3 are hard working. It just so happens that all 3 are good on the ball too.

croadyman

No kids for this position please. Buy a ready made quality defender. I’m sick of us constantly conceding goals and don’t think most of us have the patience for blooding someone young for this position.
Yeah need someone who could slot straight in

G-MUFC

No kids for this position please. Buy a ready made quality defender. I’m sick of us constantly conceding goals and don’t think most of us have the patience for blooding someone young for this position.
Totally agree. I know there's a lack of world class CB's around at the moment, but there must be players out there that can at least defend a lead for longer than 5 minutes. Wishful thinking but if we could get a top CB in before the Anfield game that would be a big plus.

Hopefully a top class CB would mean that we don't need to keep on playing two defensive midfielders to protect a weak defence.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We need that monster, leader at the back to pair with Maguire. It’ll be the platform for the young team around them. So I agree with your post. Only young CB I would go after is De Ligt, if he was ever available. He is mature beyond his years. But am I right in thinking he is repped by Raiola? If so he’s a no go.

I am really struggling to think of a quality CB I am desperate for. Best I can do is maybe Milenkovic or Giminez.

dev1l

My impression is that we re looking for a left footed fast CB. (at least that's what Ole presumably told Ake at the end of last season). We were also heavily linked to Gabriel before he joined Arsenal.
Badiashile is a possibility but I don't think he s ready yet - He looks distracted at times.
Yesterday the name of Fecundo Medina propped up. He s fast, left footed but a bit on short side when it comes to height.
Then there s Pau Torres which is the most complete player amongst those mentioned but some people say he s too soft for PL, not to mention the most expensive.

Imo the focus seems to be more on speed than on being good in air. Maybe we plan to put our defence line further up the field.

lenny_1248

We need to put aside all this nonsense about buying only a left-footed CB. Just find a good one.
Jules Kounde seems like a top player in the making.

croadyman

I would happily sign a Cavani esque aged CB who can organise the defence.
Didn't rio praise Blanc in his short time here?
Ramos would be the one but not available until the summer and need to sign one right now

croadyman

My impression is that we re looking for a left footed fast CB. (at least that's what Ole presumably told Ake at the end of last season). We were also heavily linked to Gabriel before he joined Arsenal.
Badiashile is a possibility but I don't think he s ready yet - He looks distracted at times.
Yesterday the name of Fecundo Medina propped up. He s fast, left footed but a bit on short side when it comes to height.
Then there s Pau Torres which is the most complete player amongst those mentioned but some people say he s too soft for PL, not to mention the most expensive.

Imo the focus seems to be more on speed than on being good in air. Maybe we plan to put our defence line further up the field.
Yeah you do get that impression hence Ole talking to Ake after Bournemouth game even though he joined City suggests that is indeed the kind of player he's looking to bring in whether it's in January or the summer

Mcking

I never wanted us to sign Maguire for that price, and has never being a big fan of Lindelof - @A-man could attest to that. I prefer my CB to be strong, aggressive and dominant on the air. With more games Lindelof is playing though, I have to say I honestly can't think of many more convincing defenders when the ball is loose. You aren't going to see many mis-kicks or hash clearances, and he gets the ball away from danger almost every time.

I know everyone love to bang on about a lack of pace in our defence and how they struggle against pacy players, but I actually feel we are much better defending against players of such profile. In the games I've watched this season, genuinely can't think of many times an opponent have gone beyond our defensive line with Lindelof and Maguire at the back, and squared up to our keeper. Can only think of two - Ayew in our first game of the season and Haller when we played West Ham.

Our problem has always been against the high ball and the ball across the pitch, and I think that has more to do with organization. Maguire and Lindelof could be better, but I think there's far more to the problem than just them. I'd love Kurt Zouma for example, but he's probably the best CB in the league right now.

Think people underestimate the advantage of a settled pair as well. I know we have conceded a lot this season, but in most games, I've come out from watching, feeling satisfied with Maguire and Lindelof. The main job of the CBs is to deal with the opposition's strikers, and genuinely feel they never have a good game against us.

Looking at the non-penalty goals we've conceded this season, think only three of them have come from the opposition's recognized striker in all competitions with Lindelof and Maguire on the pitch - Kane when we played Tottenham, and McGoldrick's double. Might have missed some goal scorers, but I'm willing to back them as a partnership for now.

Looking across our back line, I think De Gea the goalkeeper is by far the biggest problem. A goalkeeper like Emiliano Martinez or Nick Pope could genuinely transform our defense. Lindelof and Maguire are usually fine when they have to defend, but other players have to step up as well. The problem is other teams defend with their defenders and their goalkeeper, we defend with only our defenders. Need to find a way to defend set-pieces better as well.

A-man

I never wanted us to sign Maguire for that price, and has never being a big fan of Lindelof - @A-man could attest to that. I prefer my CB to be strong, aggressive and dominant on the air. With more games Lindelof is playing though, I have to say I honestly can't think of many more convincing defenders when the ball is loose. You aren't going to see many mis-kicks or hash clearances, and he gets the ball away from danger almost every time.

I know everyone love to bang on about a lack of pace in our defence and how they struggle against pacy players, but I actually feel we are much better defending against players of such profile. In the games I've watched this season, genuinely can't think of many times an opponent have gone beyond our defensive line with Lindelof and Maguire at the back, and squared up to our keeper. Can only think of two - Ayew in our first game of the season and Haller when we played West Ham.

Our problem has always been against the high ball and the ball across the pitch, and I think that has more to do with organization. Maguire and Lindelof could be better, but I think there's far more to the problem than just them. I'd love Kurt Zouma for example, but he's probably the best CB in the league right now.

Think people underestimate the advantage of a settled pair as well. I know we have conceded a lot this season, but in most games, I've come out from watching, feeling satisfied with Maguire and Lindelof. The main job of the CBs is to deal with the opposition's strikers, and genuinely feel they never have a good game against us.

Looking at the non-penalty goals we've conceded this season, think only three of them have come from the opposition's recognized striker in all competitions with Lindelof and Maguire on the pitch - Kane when we played Tottenham, and McGoldrick's double. Might have missed some goal scorers, but I'm willing to back them as a partnership for now.

Looking across our back line, I think De Gea the goalkeeper is by far the biggest problem. A goalkeeper like Emiliano Martinez or Nick Pope could genuinely transform our defense. Lindelof and Maguire are usually fine when they have to defend, but other players have to step up as well. The problem is other teams defend with their defenders and their goalkeeper, we defend with only our defenders. Need to find a way to defend set-pieces better as well.
I can attest to that, :) but glad you see some positives. I can really understand how Lindelof, and also some other PL CBs, don’t fit to the picture of the classic British CB. I am fan of both Lindelof and Maguire, more or less for the reasons you mention. They both have flaws and weaknesses, some of them they can work onlike Lindelof must be more aggressive in certain situation, stronger in the air, but there are also some that can never be trained, like Maguire’s lack of speed. However it is not possible to find CBs who have it all.
I also think it has been too much focus on how slow they are, that we need a speedy CB. People are willing to trade the good qualities of Lindeof and Maguire for speed, like when people suggest Bailly is superior as partner to Maguire. I also don’t understand the idea that they are too similar and therefore can’t form a good CB pair. Imo Maguire and Lindeof are quite opposite in terms of how they play and what strengths they have. The similarities is that both are proper schooled CBs and know the basics, and for that reason they can trust each other. And that both are comfortable with the ball in most situations. Apart from that they are very different.

Yes so far they have taken good care of the main strikers (Lindelof didn’t actually play vs Spurs). The main problem seems to be poor organisation especially at setpieces.

Mcking

Yes so far they have taken good care of the main strikers (Lindelof didn’t actually play vs Spurs). The main problem seems to be poor organisation especially at setpieces
For some reason, I didn't remember he didn't play against Spurs. So just two goals scored by the opposition's recognized striker out of the 20 non penalty goals we've conceded in all competitions with both at center back.

I think many have grown too comfortable with blaming them for our goals conceded, and there's a lot of cliches going around. I have been there too.

They are okay individually, and as a pair as well. Our problem this season has only really being communication and against the high ball. Not sure they are what a new centre back would solve. Much more important things to worry about.

croadyman

I can attest to that, :) but glad you see some positives. I can really understand how Lindelof, and also some other PL CBs, don’t fit to the picture of the classic British CB. I am fan of both Lindelof and Maguire, more or less for the reasons you mention. They both have flaws and weaknesses, some of them they can work onlike Lindelof must be more aggressive in certain situation, stronger in the air, but there are also some that can never be trained, like Maguire’s lack of speed. However it is not possible to find CBs who have it all.
I also think it has been too much focus on how slow they are, that we need a speedy CB. People are willing to trade the good qualities of Lindeof and Maguire for speed, like when people suggest Bailly is superior as partner to Maguire. I also don’t understand the idea that they are too similar and therefore can’t form a good CB pair. Imo Maguire and Lindeof are quite opposite in terms of how they play and what strengths they have. The similarities is that both are proper schooled CBs and know the basics, and for that reason they can trust each other. And that both are comfortable with the ball in most situations. Apart from that they are very different.

Yes so far they have taken good care of the main strikers (Lindelof didn’t actually play vs Spurs). The main problem seems to be poor organisation especially at setpieces.
Yeah you only need to look at the ten goals already conceded from set pieces this season that there is clearly an issue and we need to find a solution to the problem before it's costs us any more crucial league points

LuckyScout78

My vote go to Jannik Vestergaard in January.

A video clip Jere Miller where JV showed a really good performance. Against City, one of the best team in England and Europe. As a powerful and physical strong and tall CB. I don’t ask for more.
Against City, playing as a dictating playmaker CB. He is calm, composure and precise with the ball. Don’t got stress by the high presser of City players. He knew he can shield his powerful physical body. And he is confidence and believe in his ball ability.

Bring him to Old Trafford. Then Uniteds CBs youngsters like Tuanzebe and Teden Mengi. And special Bailly, will learn from this guy. Composure on the ball. Sometimes it’s to hot in the head for those youngster. Super quick and top intensity. Then you have find the balance. Vestergaard will and develop Uniteds youngsters. And special reading the opponents passing too.

United do have pacey CB in Tuanzebe, Bailly and Teden Mengi. Special Mengi. He is really fast. Know they have to develop the reading of the game. Like what will coming. And if you win the ball. Make a forward and direct pass as quickest as you can. No room for hesitation. As rest of the players. As a CB you get to be determination too. 100% all the time.

So sum up. Not only Vestergaard will boost United starting line up and squad depth. The existence of him will benefit United CB. It’s not enough to be super fast as CB. You get to be confidence, self belief, bossy on the pitch. Go out and dominate and not afraid to show what you are good for. Express yourself. Those mentalities abilities you get have. If you want to be call, “a winner head and mentality “ A winner.

Right now. I can smell big big confidence by Vestergaard. All from England to Norway.He confidence is really obvious. Clearly against City. Vestergaard can turn out to be United Van Dijk. It’s mean the impact he will make to the team. And Liverpool young Cbs will learn from Van Dijk too.

For boosting CB options in January. Right now. Vestergaard is my best recommendation. Then you. De Ligt. I will come for you about few years or anytime you want new challenge others than Juventus.

De Ligt has the braveness and winning mentality. Now, i am watching and following visual performance, result by the mind ability, guts and willingness.
I am following others Cbs too. Like Romas Gianluca Mancini and Leicester’s Soyuncu. And few more. But i m picky. I want the closest to the top level as possible. Closest to ex Brazil and Inter Lucio, Stam or Van Dijk as possible. Then it’s the confidence and dominance presence i am looking after first. A winner, character and mentality.

In the end. United current cb options are clearly good enough for top 4. But to win premier league this year or challenge it in the future. United need to get a world class CB. I always mention the quality of the central spine. From Goalkeeper to CF. Liverpool got a world class goalkeeper in Allison and Van Dijk. Before that Liverpool were not consistent and close. Then the year Liverpool got both Van Dijk and Allison. The golden and dominance Era started.

Therefore i am 100% sure United need a Jannik Vestergaard. And the premier league might be open this season. So you never know. Bring Vestergaard this January and let the United youngsters CBs in Tuanzebe and Mengi, max two years. To show that they get what is need to be one of the best CB in football. If not. Then you go out and spend big on De Ligt from Juventus.

Vestergard for short time impact and next 3-5 years. The De Ligt 23 about few years. You bring on for the dominance and golden era with Rashford and McTom.

Build the team around McTom, Rashford, Bruno and Greenwood. If De Gea is leaving soon and Maguire is not consistent on top level as CB.

Then United central spine are really good I think. A lot of top guts and winning mentality. No top guts no glory.

United potential central spine:

GK : Henderson? I am not 100% sure yet. You can see his ball ability. He can be a bit stress with the ball
CB : Maguire and Tuanzebe? Not sure yet
CM and CAM : McTom and Bruno. Really high confidence about those two.
CF options: Rashford and Greenwood. Really high confidence too.

There you can see. If you bring on Vestergaard and De Ligt as new Cb options in the future. Yeah, my confidence will rise. United definitely need CB upgrade. Because i do see Lindelof got bully and out physical many times. Leading to opponents goals. So clearly a new CB in January. A new CB closest to the top level as possible is needed.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Kounde is very good and talented in my opinion. Strong, intelligent, good one on one & top notch with his ball playing ability. He's very short but he can head the ball and not afraid. I also like his celebration in the EL last season, seems to be very passionate with what he does in football. I think he's one of the most underrated one due to the fact he's still not in France national team but at the same time Sevilla put him on very high price like 70m last summer.

Sevilla only conceded 10 goals in their 14 league games.

croadyman

Kounde is very good and talented in my opinion. Strong, intelligent, good one on one & top notch with his ball playing ability. He's very short but he can head the ball and not afraid. I also like his celebration in the EL last season, seems to be very passionate with what he does in football. I think he's one of the most underrated one due to the fact he's still not in France national team but at the same time Sevilla put him on very high price like 70m last summer.

Sevilla only conceded 10 goals in their 14 league games.
Yeah definitely a decent shout but he's another that I don't see leaving until the summer as Sevilla are in Champions League knockout stages in February and won't want to lose him

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Konate or Upamecano, both young, imposing and big upgrades on Lindelof and Bailly.

One of those and a top CDM and I think it'll be a very hard back line to break.

I have a slight preference towards Konate given his physical attributes. Konate is slightly cheaper, the same height as Maguire (both are taller than VVD).

Konate is a better defender than Upamecano in my opinion. I think having Konate, Maguire defensively and attacking United would just be a dominant force.

Upamecano is a better passer though, but I think having a 'destroyer' type CB next to Maguire is a good thing, Maguire can pass the ball, having a top CDM infront of them would transform the defensive records in general.

There's rumours from people like Ornstein saying that Upamecano is likely to join Bayern in the summer.

Konate is no slouch at all, just as fast, taller, wins a lot of aerial duels, good tackler and a year younger (21 years old).

Offload Jones, Rojo, Bailly, keep Lindelof, bring in Konate.

Lindelof, Maguire, Konate, Tuanzebe.

Bring in a CDM, get a RW and a title challenge is on.

Last edited:

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I would happily sign a Cavani esque aged CB who can organise the defence.
Didn't rio praise Blanc in his short time here?
Who would that be though? There seems to be a lot of good CB prospects around but not a great deal of experienced, top-level CB's at the moment, certainly not one's who are avaiable.

Ramos might be the only one with his contract situation, but I'm not sure I'd expect him to leave. Remember last time he wanted a raise all the Utd rumours started.

city-puma

I think this is what’s been looking around by the Ole’s management team. We do not have a real good option as an alternative for maguire. At the moment, Ole deployed lindeloff there in maguire’s absence.

dev1l

I think this is what’s been looking around by the Ole’s management team. We do not have a real good option as an alternative for maguire. At the moment, Ole deployed lindeloff there in maguire’s absence.
Both Rojo and Jones were deployed as a LCB but as you know they re both on the way out.
Seems as you said, only Maguire from the remaining CB s is comfortable there

city-puma

Both Rojo and Jones were deployed as a LCB but as you know they re both on the way out.
Seems as you said, only Maguire from the remaining CB s is comfortable there
exactly!
In Jose era, Rojo and Jones got the chance and strung a run of the games when we had defense crisis. They did so well in that period until they injured again. And since then, a steep downfall.
for me, it is a great mystery how Jones has eventually run into the current situation over last few years. I still remember when he originally joined in from Blackburn as a youngster just like a fresh of new air (I remember the transfer fee is around 16m). He played everywhere under SAF and made many forward ball-carrying run from CB positions to disrupt the opponents’s system. He even played as DM with Giggs alongside. I think he got an injury for a long period. Somehow, after a summer, in a game of the new season, I was shocked to see his body shape changed significantly and became very muscular, maybe over-muscular. I now wonder if that is the reason bringing him so many injures since then.

croadyman

Who would that be though? There seems to be a lot of good CB prospects around but not a great deal of experienced, top-level CB's at the moment, certainly not one's who are avaiable.

Ramos might be the only one with his contract situation, but I'm not sure I'd expect him to leave. Remember last time he wanted a raise all the Utd rumours started.
Yeah you just know that Madrid communicado officiel type thing will be announcing a new deal soon

davidmichael

We need that monster, leader at the back to pair with Maguire. It’ll be the platform for the young team around them. So I agree with your post. Only young CB I would go after is De Ligt, if he was ever available. He is mature beyond his years. But am I right in thinking he is repped by Raiola? If so he’s a no go.

I am really struggling to think of a quality CB I am desperate for. Best I can do is maybe Milenkovic or Giminez.
If Juve are as desperate to sign Pogba as Romano said yesterday then maybe a straight swap with Pogba for De Ligt could happen ? We could then move Jones, Bailly and Rojo all on leaving us De Ligt, Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe and Mengi.

croadyman

If Juve are as desperate to sign Pogba as Romano said yesterday then maybe a straight swap with Pogba for De Ligt could happen ? We could then move Jones, Bailly and Rojo all on leaving us De Ligt, Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe and Mengi.
Do we want the Raiola headache with De Ligt though

croadyman

I would go either Badiashile/Pau Torres if we wanted to sign one in January or Kounde/Konate if we are prepared to wait until the summer to bring one in

Mr Smith

My vote go to Jannik Vestergaard in January.

A video clip Jere Miller where JV showed a really good performance. Against City, one of the best team in England and Europe. As a powerful and physical strong and tall CB. I don’t ask for more.
Against City, playing as a dictating playmaker CB. He is calm, composure and precise with the ball. Don’t got stress by the high presser of City players. He knew he can shield his powerful physical body. And he is confidence and believe in his ball ability.

Bring him to Old Trafford. Then Uniteds CBs youngsters like Tuanzebe and Teden Mengi. And special Bailly, will learn from this guy. Composure on the ball. Sometimes it’s to hot in the head for those youngster. Super quick and top intensity. Then you have find the balance. Vestergaard will and develop Uniteds youngsters. And special reading the opponents passing too.

United do have pacey CB in Tuanzebe, Bailly and Teden Mengi. Special Mengi. He is really fast. Know they have to develop the reading of the game. Like what will coming. And if you win the ball. Make a forward and direct pass as quickest as you can. No room for hesitation. As rest of the players. As a CB you get to be determination too. 100% all the time.

So sum up. Not only Vestergaard will boost United starting line up and squad depth. The existence of him will benefit United CB. It’s not enough to be super fast as CB. You get to be confidence, self belief, bossy on the pitch. Go out and dominate and not afraid to show what you are good for. Express yourself. Those mentalities abilities you get have. If you want to be call, “a winner head and mentality “ A winner.

Right now. I can smell big big confidence by Vestergaard. All from England to Norway.He confidence is really obvious. Clearly against City. Vestergaard can turn out to be United Van Dijk. It’s mean the impact he will make to the team. And Liverpool young Cbs will learn from Van Dijk too.

For boosting CB options in January. Right now. Vestergaard is my best recommendation. Then you. De Ligt. I will come for you about few years or anytime you want new challenge others than Juventus.

De Ligt has the braveness and winning mentality. Now, i am watching and following visual performance, result by the mind ability, guts and willingness.
I am following others Cbs too. Like Romas Gianluca Mancini and Leicester’s Soyuncu. And few more. But i m picky. I want the closest to the top level as possible. Closest to ex Brazil and Inter Lucio, Stam or Van Dijk as possible. Then it’s the confidence and dominance presence i am looking after first. A winner, character and mentality.

In the end. United current cb options are clearly good enough for top 4. But to win premier league this year or challenge it in the future. United need to get a world class CB. I always mention the quality of the central spine. From Goalkeeper to CF. Liverpool got a world class goalkeeper in Allison and Van Dijk. Before that Liverpool were not consistent and close. Then the year Liverpool got both Van Dijk and Allison. The golden and dominance Era started.

Therefore i am 100% sure United need a Jannik Vestergaard. And the premier league might be open this season. So you never know. Bring Vestergaard this January and let the United youngsters CBs in Tuanzebe and Mengi, max two years. To show that they get what is need to be one of the best CB in football. If not. Then you go out and spend big on De Ligt from Juventus.

Vestergard for short time impact and next 3-5 years. The De Ligt 23 about few years. You bring on for the dominance and golden era with Rashford and McTom.

Build the team around McTom, Rashford, Bruno and Greenwood. If De Gea is leaving soon and Maguire is not consistent on top level as CB.

Then United central spine are really good I think. A lot of top guts and winning mentality. No top guts no glory.

United potential central spine:

GK : Henderson? I am not 100% sure yet. You can see his ball ability. He can be a bit stress with the ball
CB : Maguire and Tuanzebe? Not sure yet
CM and CAM : McTom and Bruno. Really high confidence about those two.
CF options: Rashford and Greenwood. Really high confidence too.

There you can see. If you bring on Vestergaard and De Ligt as new Cb options in the future. Yeah, my confidence will rise. United definitely need CB upgrade. Because i do see Lindelof got bully and out physical many times. Leading to opponents goals. So clearly a new CB in January. A new CB closest to the top level as possible is needed.
Great post, not getting enough love. I would never have thought of Vestergaard either. Southampton are an ambitious club though, they may try to fleece us the way Leicester did with Maguire.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
https://weallfollowunited.com/2021/...-run-at-sven-botman-as-liverpool-end-pursuit/

So Sven Botman then.. 20 year old left footed central defender.

Was a promising talent at Ajax, loaned out at age 19 to Heerenveen where he did quite well for a year. Ajax wanted to bring him back, but when Lille came Botman requested Overmars to allow him to go as he had Daley Blind in front of him. Overmars relucantly agreed and sold Botman to Lille for 8 million euro's. Now appearently there he is crushing it. Playing always, impressed in the bigger games as well. In the revelation lists of both the EL and L1. Was also on the bench for the first time at the Dutch national team in November.

Havent seen him play this year so cannot give any info on that.. In NL we consider him a non-Dutch defender he has more of a no-nonsense type of defensive, quite hard and to the point style of play. Therefore is was doubted whether he was really a Ajax fit in the first place (we are used to Daley Blind now haha). However, given he came through the Ajax academy, surely he can pass a ball and has control with the ball on his feet.

Personally Im really curious how he has developed and how his development will continue...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
https://weallfollowunited.com/2021/...-run-at-sven-botman-as-liverpool-end-pursuit/

Was a promising talent at Ajax, loaned out at age 19 to Heerenveen where he did quite well for a year. Ajax wanted to bring him back, but when Lille came Botman requested Overmars to allow him to go as he had Daley Blind in front of him. Overmars relucantly agreed and sold Botman to Lille for 8 million euro's. Now appearently there he is crushing it. Playing always, impressed in the bigger games as well. In the revelation lists of both the EL and L1. Was also on the bench for the first time at the Dutch national team in November.

Havent seen him play this year so cannot give any info on that.. In NL we consider him a non-Dutch defender he has more of a no-nonsense type of defensive, quite hard and to the point style of play. Therefore is was doubted whether he was really a Ajax fit in the first place (we are used to Daley Blind now haha). However, given he came through the Ajax academy, surely he can pass a ball and has control with the ball on his feet.

Personally Im really curious how he has developed and how his development will continue...
I'm actually very curious to see how he develops in the coming months/seasons.

Bondi77

I have faith in Axel and his performance against PSG showed he is a player for the big occasion and Bailly is showing a bit of consistency so let us see where it takes us.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I have faith in Axel and his performance against PSG showed he is a player for the big occasion and Bailly is showing a bit of consistency so let us see where it takes us.
What im stating below has nothing to do with Axel or my faith in him...

But this argument doesnt make any sense.. This is an n of 1 in e GROUPSTAGE game of the Champions League.. This argument is just as valid for every one day World Cup wonder..

croadyman

Would need a much better source than The Express to convince me that Liverpool have ended their pursuit in this guy, still think they could sign one before we go to Anfield and that could make a significant difference in their favour