g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Potential De Gea Replacements

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Onana has already said he is staying at Ajax another season Why would Mike Maignan go to Ajax? That does not make any sense. Plus Ajax has young keepers like Kotarski and Scherpen

cyril C

He will cost a lot of money though, id rather save the bulk of the cash improving our outfield players.
Swap Oblak with DDG + cash. DDG will have to take a pay cut perhaps but since he is returning to Madrid and have CL football, why should he be complaining....

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What was our offer to Ajax?

On a second note, why must we often pussyfoot around another clubs’ release prices for players only to not get the player when the difference between the two numbers was negligible, especially to a club like ours? We don’t want to pay that last five to ten million as if it would be an affront to Manchester United to do so, especially if we narcissistically think that the release prices hold some sort of ‘United tax.’ Who gives a feck if we pay ten million more these days with the average release price being so drastically higher than recent years with no abating in sight? We win no silverware by trying to buy on the cheap, we only miss out on potentially helpful players.

quackattack

Why not Romero/Henderson? Romero is already a reliable international GK with a lot of experience. Henderson is proven as one of the, if not the best GK in a highly competitive league.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Castle saying we're asking about Onana, whilst Ajax are looking at Mike Maignan of Lille as a replacement, who was voted best GK in Ligue 1.

Has anyone been watching Maignan consistently? How good is he?

Mark Pawelek

Thomas Strakosha, at Latzio. Good shot stopper. Excellent distribution. Not so great in commanding his box, but who is? Weakness: has been known to spill the ball sometimes.

Enigma_87

You know who
Thomas Strakosha, at Latzio. Good shot stopper. Excellent distribution. Not so great in commanding his box, but who is? Weakness: has been known to spill the ball sometimes.
Been impressed recently with Bartlomiej Dragowski, Empoli keeper. Top notch reflexes and although still very raw has shown that can be good under pressure. Not hesitant to leave his line either.

StrettyEnder07

I would be shocked if anyone bid 80/90m that we would want for DDG this summer knowing they can get him for free next year, can see him staying this season and running down his contract before moving to Madrid/PSG for free next summer.

If that is the case, then happy for Henderson to have another year on loan at Sheff United and then hopefully he will be ready to step in and be our number 1 for the foreseeable future.

If we did somehow get money for DDG this summer then happy to give Romero a chance this season with Henderson going on loan for the coming season.

KitDizzle

We've already been linked I believe, but I do believe that Gianluigi Donnarumma would be a nice fit for us! ll depends and the money situation though, if we went for him I can see us spending too much.

Mark Pawelek

1. Some goalies I hear people mention. Mostly younger.
2. Any young goalie prospects I left out certainly have save per goal conceeded ratio less than 2.
2. Two anomalous results are included (540 minutes, only 6 matches). First because he's been talked about in connection with United (Vlachodimos) but has no Squawka stata. Vlachodimos stats are UEFA CL group stage matches.
3. They're sorted in descending order of save per goal conceeded in the image.

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MiAF4entxGOHEgGNm0UUsq3JcvYy57GNP6Jrh9cBSXA/edit?usp=sharing