Potential Pogba replacements

Sereques

It's amazing how easily United fans give up on their players and yet they cry on top of their lungs for players to play for the red shirt, give their all blah blah blah

Fooza

Mourinho will be gone first, new manager will come in to reassure Pogs and he'll end up staying with a bumper contract.

Son Of Sam

Mourinho bought half of that mediocre defence unit Bailey and Lindelof ! So has to shoulder the blame for that one
Bailly is perpetually injured, Lindelöf joined a season later and it’s taken time for him to adapt. Jose has bought just 2 of the 10 players in the senior squad in that defence. It’s hardly his fault he inherited Young, Valencia, Darmian, Rojo, Smalling, Jones, TFM, etc

Chillosophy

SMS indeed. If we managed to get Dembele and SMS in for Pogba I wouldnt be that upset.

But still upset :(

kthanksbye

Kondogbia's agent once said that his client is as talented as Pogba.

Just putting it out there.

kthanksbye

Anyone mentioned Toni Kroos yet?

No midfielder out there is as dynamic as Pogba, we should be looking at bringing in players who're the best at what they bring to the table, instead of looking for a player like Pogba .

Canagel

It's amazing how easily United fans give up on their players and yet they cry on top of their lungs for players to play for the red shirt, give their all blah blah blah
You just know if SMS or anyone else comes fans would be on their back too if things aren't going to plan. We should be more humble.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't want him to leave but he's not that difficult to replace if he does, unless his performances improve a lot. I mean, it won't be easy getting someone as we well know, but there's options. We still can't even say what position he plays in, but the nearest must be a playmaker 10 and that seems to be the only position with loads of names mentioned all the time.

the chameleon

This is a difficult one. I hope we keep him, but it’s up to the player.

If he does go, we would need another midfielder similar to him. But we should also get a very good 10 who can play a mixture of centre, left and right.

This leaves us with the flexibility to tactically adapt our midfielder and formations based on opposition.

Would either play 433 or 4231.

I think we already have the central midfield assets to build a solid midfield upon - Matic, Pereira and Fred. It would be a creative and flexible 10 and a like for like type player to pogba.

Sing you a song

Bailly is perpetually injured, Lindelöf joined a season later and it’s taken time for him to adapt. Jose has bought just 2 of the 10 players in the senior squad in that defence. It’s hardly his fault he inherited Young, Valencia, Darmian, Rojo, Smalling, Jones, TFM, etc

To a degree I’m with you but he has now had 5 windows to sort the defence out Bailey got injured and then explicably fell out of favour and Lindelof has hardly had a decent run at all ( both of them 30m plus )
Almost everyone agreed that priority for this window was 2 top class full backs / wing backs and once again we are likely to start with Valencia and young as first choices which is quite frankly a bloody joke.
And of course we are now prioritising a centre half even though he himself has brought 2 in

mad1max954

My natural reaction was to be protective and say pogba has got a 4 years left on his deal, no way will we sell.

But, honestly I think we could use this to our advantage. Pogba is a world class player but he needs a system for him to shine and You pretty much have to setup to allow him that freedom, which has created problems! Some games he is amazing, but often he goes badly missing too and just looks disinterested. If we could make some serious wedge I’d do it- providing we could get a replacement in.

If you could get £80+m + o dembele, I think that’s a good deal.

Then slap 140 mil down to spurs for Erikson and alderwierled.

Reactions: SteveJ

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don't know who would be a good option in 2030.

Woziak

Two Days before the window is closing Raiola insights Pogba to Barcelona rumours. In reality the player is on a 3+1 contract and just scored in a WC final so.hes currently wortj £150M+. We then find out that Pogba would reluctantly stay if the Club offered him a new contract with a 200k per week increase.

The only deal we should do is tell Pogba that should he gets rid of his agent like Lukaku did and perform in the way a 450k per week top 5 player in the World does in the first half of the season, the club would be more than happy to then offer him a new contract!

Fer

Would you change Pogba for a RW and a LB? for example, Dembele and Sandro.

Infra-red

One source of irritation in all of this is the fact that Fred looks like being exactly the kind of midfielder we need to get the best out of Pogba - he'll cover acres of space, chasing down and harrying the opposition, winning the ball back, running it from deep and laying it off to Pogba, who can essentially camp on the edge of the opposition's box with a cigar in his mouth waiting for opportunities to be presented to him on a platter.

If he can just get his head down and concentrate on the football, I'm certain he'll have his best season at United thus far.

Jojo <3 Mou

I don't think anyone is giving up on anybody. Fans have little control or say in anything. We also generally don't know what's happening. Most of us react to that by speculating and coming up with possible solutions to those problems (that we imagined or the media told us about).

You'll notice the number of "Finding Mourinho's Replacement" Threads or even the 'Transfers in or out" threads.

I don't want him out but I'm not offended by the question,"If he left, what next?"

Woziak

11 goals and 14 assists in the PL in 60 appearances. That is great for a CM. Name 3 CM’s that have better stats than that in the PL.
I like Pogba and agree his stats are more than acceptable and think Jose needs to do more to get the best out of him but while he's been here in his second spell, our win rate with him is 59% and without him is 69%, that suggests that as good as he is, he's not performing for the Manager and therefore the club on a consistent basis that you would expect from £100m player. It's not like losing Beckham or Ronaldo, we simply get O Dembele, I Rakatic plus 50M and go buy Sergei Milinokovic Savic for 90M. A 40M net cost plus 55M for Toby would be a total net investment of 95M that is still waiting to be spent. The squad would be stronger, the harmony probably better too!

Purely hypothetical ofcourse because it's far too late in the window for that many big deals to be done!

Bojan11

Rakitic and Dembele in a deal would tempt me. But I doubt Jose wants Demebele.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Ye gotta be Savic. With an underwhelming world cup might be the time to snap him up.

Red_toad

Ndombele. Let's sign the next big thing coming through that French production line. Reports looking like Pogba may strike to get his move, his agent is an arse of the highest order. Shame clubs are willing to jump into bed with him to secure players. Should let them ply their trade at lesser clubs with reduced wages, until the players got the hint to change who represents them...

reddevilz007

Send Pogba to Juventus, he'll be more than happy to play alongside Ronaldo anyways. Get Pjanic + 50-60 mil in return.

Then get SMS on a 1 yr loan for 50 mil + option to buy next year.

Midfield of Fred, SMS and Pjanic with Matic (out indefinitely), Fellaini, Herrera and Pereira as backup.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Send Pogba to Juventus, he'll be more than happy to play alongside Ronaldo anyways. Get Pjanic + 50-60 mil in return.

Then get SMS on a 1 yr loan for 50 mil + option to buy next year.

Midfield of Fred, SMS and Pjanic with Matic (out indefinitely), Fellaini, Herrera and Pereira as backup.
Pjanic plus 60m ? Seriously?

Rolaholic

The hypocrisy is astounding

All it takes are rumors to turn some against players nowadays :houllier:

Quinzaine

No midfielder in the world has Pogba's specific skillset so it really doesn't matter at this point. If we lose him, we lose one hell of a player who unfortunately will be remembered as a failure here. I've seen many posts claiming they'd be happy with Rakitic which I find bizarre, I think it reflects how we are as a fanbase nowadays. Happy to let Barca take our best player, and a top 5 (with strong potential to be top 1) midfielder in the world only for us to take the lesser (and older) player that Pogba would replace.

Fosu-Mens

Ndombele. Let's sign the next big thing coming through that French production line. Reports looking like Pogba may strike to get his move, his agent is an arse of the highest order. Shame clubs are willing to jump into bed with him to secure players. Should let them ply their trade at lesser clubs with reduced wages, until the players got the hint to change who represents them...
Yes.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
Hypothetically, how about Pjanic + Douglas Costa + Sandro for Pogba?

Add Kovacic or Thiago as well and we are good to go I think.

kthanksbye

Yeah, this might be an unpopular opinion but with quality FBs and a RW we'll have better balance in our starting 11 even if it means losing Pogba, provided we get someone like Thiago/Kroos/Kovacic in midfield.
Having said that, we shouldn't be a club that has to pick between the two, we should've acquired FBs and RW this window.

FromTheBench

Pogba so far hasn't been half as important to us, as is made out.

And I am not sure he will be under Jose consistently so if we have to replace him might make us more balanced.