Potential Pogba replacements

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Ofcourse not this year, but what would be your choices ?

Pogba hasnt proved anything for us that makes him irreplaceable .

Rakitic is ofcourse my first choice. Or sign someone like Dybala and move to 4231.
Thoughts?

Eriksen - excellent option (not signed an extension yet)
Savic - overrated .
Pjanic - decent option.

TheReligion

Abusive

Rakitic is ofcourse my first choice. Or sign someone like Dybala and move to 4231.
Thoughts?

Savic - overrated .
Pjanic - decent option.
Not really a transfer thread is it

Dong Fangzhuo

Mourinho would probably look to replace him with a proper #10 rather than the type of players you mentioned. Would love Pjanic here though, Pogba or no Pogba.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Thoughts?

Savic - overrated .
Pjanic - decent option.
None

El-Manos

None are similar to Pogba. He'd be pretty damn hard to replace unfortunately. The fact he is so well balanced makes him a unique midfielder. On a good day, he doesn't really have any weaknesses.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It would be stupid to replace Pogba. He's 25 and not even near the general peak for a midfielder (27/28) yet, and has shown plenty of times that he's capable of being a great midfielder if he improves his consistency. I don't see the point in even discussing it really. Our priority needs to be holding on to Pogba, not making things more difficult for ourselves by letting himself go and trying to find someone as talented as him.

I'm not saying he will ever become the player we are all hoping he will be but we need to see it play out instead of engaging in these hypothetical situations because it looks like he's going nowhere.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If Pogba were to leave we'd 100% move away from the 4-3-3 that we've had to adopt to supposedly get the best out of him so we'd be looking for a number 10, Eriksen isn't a bad shout if money were no option (because Levy would obviously bend us over)

Canagel

There are no copies of Pogba. His skillset is unique. IF we had to replace him we need to move away from the 4-3-3 formation and buy 2 midfielders with one being a traditional number 10 to play 4-2-3-1.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Aliou Traore is a few years away, but I reckon if the timing was lined up more coincidentally, we have a potential replacement there.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Savic looked terrible at the WC. Didn't look like half the player Pogba is. Yet everyone seems to think Pogba will be replaced by a vastly inferior player whose claim to fame is being somewhat similar.

I know I'm basing this off 3\4 games which is odd in itself. I've also used the wrong slash becuase half my phone is cracked. FFS.

Johnny Love

Savic looked terrible at the WC. Didn't look like half the player Pogba is. Yet everyone seems to think Pogba will be replaced by a vastly inferior player whose claim to fame is being somewhat similar.

I know I'm basing this off 3\4 games which is odd in itself. I've also used the wrong slash becuase half my phone is cracked. FFS.
Ya people gonna be in for rude awakening if they expect Savic to replace Pogba.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Verratti. Even if he’s stagnated of late, I just want him at the club regardless if we keep Pogba or not

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Replacing Pogba, already?
He'll probably still be here for the next few years. The club have spent big on him, to make him the face of our club.
Jose (contrary to what the media say), has belief in him, which is why he spent so much money on the guy. Unlike Miki, I don't see Pogba leaving anytime soon.

Walters_19_MuFc

Dembele and go back to a 4231.

Lukaku
Sanchez Lingard Dembele
Matic Fred
Young Alderweireld Bailly Valencia
De Gea
A 4231 is Jose's favoured formation. He has openly expressed that and it's something he played when he joined United.

However, with all the media talk about Pogba being better in a three man midfield, and Pogba not doing his defensive duties in a two man midfield, it seems that Mourinho wants to go to a formation that has three centre midfielders, whether it be a 433, 442 diamond, 352, etc.​

Last edited:

beingshe7don

Thiago, Ndombele, Kovacic ---> I would take 2 of the three.... provides us depth as well. However, United won't sell Pogba.

Mourinho needs to go.... That's two players who want out and unfortunately, they are our two best outfield players.

reddaz71

Thiago, Ndombele, Kovacic ---> I would take 2 of the three.... provides us depth as well. However, United won't sell Pogba.

Mourinho needs to go.... That's two players who want out and unfortunately, they are our two best outfield players.
Its the Glazers who need to go,they are the wider issue!

Devil may care

If Pogba goes it most likely means Mourinho is still here so we'll buy a #10 and another all round CM for the double pivot of the 4-2-3-1. Eriksen, Fekir or Dybala for the #10.

sherrinford

Diverse or not, Pogba is not irreplaceable.
They are vastly different players who provide different things and operate in different positions...

I don’t see why you would say Casemiro, given the other midfield personnel. Quality-wise we are very bottom-heavy in that area of the pitch, even without Pogba. A high calibre no.10 or advanced no.8 would make most sense. So I would agree with Savic, but not Casemiro.

3KDré

No one has Pogba’s array of abilities. If we had to replace him with someone I think pjanic is a good idea.