Potential striker signings (who aren't named Højlund)

SoCross

I see Iheanacho popped up for Leicester with a typical penalty box goal,wonder what it would take to get him on the right side of Manchester
Would be a smart signing in my books. Think he has another level to go up to.

glasgow 21

What we could do with is a right sided, direct player who can use both feet and is clinical. We have exactly that but he’s a scumbag.
So what part of not speaking about greenwood do you not understand thinking you are smart when no one replies

Senior Fusion

The next Ole, looks to be quite a finisher. Not that I see us being able to sign a striker unless Martial is sold or loaned.

What about a striker like Iheanacho or Orban on loan, maybe in the last days of the transfer window? Even if Martial stays (it looks like it), this would be possible.

zaafi

He's 26. Hit double fingers twice in his career
Not that I'm very fond of him, but he'd be much better than Weghorst, and it would be as a back-up. He's been in Vardy's shadow, and hasn't really played a lot. He has played over 1300 minutes only once in his PL career, which is why his goal tally are low. Goal per 90 isn't too bad.

Stacks

Not that I'm very fond of him, but he'd be much better than Weghorst, and it would be as a back-up. He's been in Vardy's shadow, and hasn't really played a lot. He has played over 1300 minutes only once in his PL career, which is why his goal tally are low. Goal per 90 isn't too bad.
He can do a job as a back up no doubt. I thought these were options instead of Hojlund

zaafi

He can do a job as a back up no doubt. I thought these were options instead of Hojlund
Yeah, but Højlund is already signed now, so would probably be as a rotating option or a back-up. No point in discussing alternatives to the Great Dane now :smirk:

Plastic Evra

Kane, Osimhen and maybe Mbappé out of market...

David, Wahi, Orban, Vlahovic, Lukaku, Balogun : Is that the "big" names still in play ?

Bojan Djordjic

He's 26. Hit double fingers twice in his career
He has never played more than 1500 metres and just hasn't been an established starter. His expected goalscoring pace based on recent seasons is over a goal every two games. Think that's probably exactly what we need in a back up striker. Seems happy to be a rotation piece and wouldn't stir shit.

croadyman

He has never played more than 1500 metres and just hasn't been an established starter. His expected goalscoring pace based on recent seasons is over a goal every two games. Think that's probably exactly what we need in a back up striker. Seems happy to be a rotation piece and wouldn't stir shit.
Yeah that's definitely the right type of backup ST

croadyman

Honestly think getting a Morata,Taremi heck even Choupo-Moting would help take pressure off Rasmus. They can stay fit for a start which is more than we get from Martial right now

daba

Honestly think getting a Morata,Taremi heck even Choupo-Moting would help take pressure off Rasmus. They can stay fit for a start which is more than we get from Martial right now
I’m open to a Joao Felix loan. But my preference is to get someone like Orban in though.

NLunited

We have players like Felix, what we need is a physical experienced backup.

Giggsy13

I think we all know Martial will end up being back up to Rashford and Hojlund. Real shame that we couldn’t make funds available for a more experienced attacker.

croadyman

I think we all know Martial will end up being back up to Rashford and Hojlund. Real shame that we couldn’t make funds available for a more experienced attacker.
Yeah would have taken pressure off Rasmus

Infra-red

I like Niclas Füllkrug at Werder. 30, but a good goal scorer and and link up man.
Agreed. Top scorer in the Bundesliga last season and very strong in the air.

How much would it take?
€20million, according to kicker. Was linked to Bayern briefly earlier this summer, as a backup option if they couldn't get their hands on Kane/Osimhen.

croadyman

€20million, according to kicker. Was linked to Bayern briefly earlier this summer, as a backup option if they couldn't get their hands on Kane/Osimhen.
That cheap and yet we are standing still

Plastic Evra

Seen him discussed by West Ham fans as a prospective target. Maybe second thoughts here after the WW loan.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
That cheap and yet we are standing still
Signing Füllkrug doesn't make much sense. Yes, he was the BL top scorer ladt season, but he was the wordt topscorer in the history of the league, so that doesn't say much. Last season simply no striker really impressed (except Kolo Muani, but only because he assisted as much as he scored himself.

Fabio Rochemback

We need another striker to rotate with Hojlund badly, even if it's on loan. Martial is done and Rashford is not good enough in that position.

croadyman

We need another striker to rotate with Hojlund badly, even if it's on loan. Martial is done and Rashford is not good enough in that position.
Unfortunately penny doesn't seem to drop,no instead we keep faith with weetabix Tony

Last edited:

Red Rash

This is one position that still worries me a bit. Martial can't stay fit, Rashford isn't really a striker and Hojlund is very much an unknown quantity.

I think as the squad stands we are lacking goals and ideally need to bring in an experienced striker who can get 15 league goals and take some pressure away from Rasmus.

I feel we will end up with one additional striker in the squad who didn't play for us last season but I'm not convinced we will sign anyone new unfortunately.

Amadevs

Supports
United
I really dont know why we didn't try getting En-Nesyri.
Aggressive, pressing, good finishing and world class in the air, not so much expensive.
My point is not based on the goal yesterday, but as we saw, he could handle the deffence of the champions.
I consider it a smart deal.
Anyone with me?

croadyman

Choupo-Moting as likely to see more gametime for us now that Kane is there,would like to say Gift Orban but suspect he will join Spurs in next couple of weeks as they seem very keen

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
@Amadevs

Is En-nesyri actually avaliable in any way?

i wouldnt be against it. He Always plays well for sevilla when I've seem them and puts up decent numbers in la liga.

Dominos

We should be looking at any potential loan deals, ones that are better than Weghorst. Absolutely don't want to see Rashford up front again, and Martial is a non-entity. Our season is very reliant on Hojlund simultaneously staying fit and performing to a good level.

croadyman

We should be looking at any potential loan deals, ones that are better than Weghorst. Absolutely don't want to see Rashford up front again, and Martial is a non-entity. Our season is very reliant on Hojlund simultaneously staying fit and performing to a good level.
Yeah definitely need a free/loan striker AGAIN,fully expecting Spurs to firm up their interest for Orban in next two weeks unfortunately for us

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Be staggered if Orban doesn't go to Spurs,my only concern with Felix is where does he fit
Be interested to know what Gent demand in xfer fee for Orban. Everyone and their dog knows Spurs have the Kane money burning a hole in their pocket.

dinostar77

We need an alternative to hojlund who can hold up the ball, win freekicks and bring others into play. Doesnt have to be an elite striker, just someone who suits the system ETH wants.

Agree with a previous poster that arnautovic would have been a good signing for that position.