Pre-season friendlies 2019

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
It was a shocking tackle should be harsher punishments for tackles like that in a 'friendly' game no need for it.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
That's probably the only time I'd encourage a liverpool player to get tough with the opposition. Disgusting tackle.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It was a shocking tackle should be harsher punishments for tackles like that in a 'friendly' game no need for it.
Wayne Rooney once had to miss a PL game because of a two match ban picked up after a (harsh) red card in a pre-season friendly. Honestly can’t think of this ever happening to another club/player but seems fitting for it to happen again here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wayne Rooney once had to miss a PL game because of a two match ban picked up after a (harsh) red card in a pre-season friendly. Honestly can’t think of this ever happening to another club/player but seems fitting for it to happen again here.
And Scholes, both at the same time If I remember correctly.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If I remember it was weirdly arranged that he would play the opening game and then miss the next two.

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
It was the Amsterdam tournament.

What made it more annoying was that the previous season Gerrard and iirc Neil Mellor were sent off in the same tournament and surprise surprise no bans were handed out to them.

Hitman Harry

Supports
Liverpool
That challenge is one of those that gets worse the more you see it. The way the kick made him spin 360 degrees and hit the ground smashing his head.

Anyway, I think Seville wanted to make a statement by beating the CL winners but all they’ve done now is make clubs not want to play them in friendlies, which could be a massive financial loss for them.

Boneli

Federico Macheda scored twice against Ajax yesterday. Now there is a blast from the past!

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Not sure if great pressing from Chelsea or Barca just lacking fitness.

CosmoKramer

Supports
FC Barcelona
Pretty decent first half from us considering this is our first match this pre season while Chelsea are on their fourth if I'm not mistaken. Couple of nice combinations at the edge of the box between Riqui, Griezmann and Dembele. You can already see what Griezmann adds to this team. His first touch is miles better than Suarez' and he actually drops back to defend as opposed to the Uruguayan. Pretty stocked to see the connection with Messi.

The lack of match fitness showed at the end of the half though. We couldn't get the ball out of our half to save our lives. Hopefully we can see De Jong in the second half.

Kearnkoff69

Saw Griezmann go down after that unnecessary slide tackle from the Chelsea lad. I don't have much love for the guy, but hope he isn't injured. I'm curious to see how Valverde manages to fit all his attacking pieces together in one cohesive unit.

Blackwidow

In about an hour - Tonight at 12 (GMT+1) Arsenal plays Real Madrid - 2 hours later it is Bayern Munich vs AC Milan (same time Guadalajara vs Atletico Madrid)

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Will João Félix play for Atletico? I saw he had to be subbed out with a knock in the previous game. Might stay awake for that if he plays

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Seems like Zidane's going back to a more classical 4-4-2 he used sporadically in 2017/18. Jovic and Benzema both playing together with Lucas Vasquez and Hazard on either side. Used to be Ronaldo+Benzema with Asensio and Vasquez on the wings.

Madrid XI: Navas; Carvajal, Nacho, Ramos, Mendy; Vasquez, Kroos, Modric, Hazard; Benzema, Jovic

Arsenal XI: Martinez; Kolasinac, Sokratis, Chambers, Maitland-Niles; Xhaka, Willock, Mkhitaryan, Ozil; Lacazette, Aubameyang

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Seems like Zidane's going back to a more classical 4-4-2 he used sporadically in 2017/18. Jovic and Benzema both playing together.

Madrid XI: Navas; Carvajal, Nacho, Ramos, Mendy; Vasquez, Kroos, Modric, Hazard; Benzema, Jovic

Arsenal XI: Martinez; Kolasinac, Sokratis, Chambers, Maitland-Niles; Xhaka, Willock, Mkhitaryan, Ozil; Lacazette, Aubameyang
Nice of Aubameyang to play for Arse one more time before coming here.

Kalela

Supports
Arsenal
Game ruined. Surrounding the referee to get someone sent off in a friendly is pretty pathetic.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
How Madrid managed to win 3 CLs in a row while regularly fielding Nacho in plenty of big games is beyond me. 8 minutes in and he needed 2 red card mistakes to get sent off.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
2-0 :lol:

Madrid can't defend for shit. Their fans are going to have a meltdown, might make Perez go all in for Pogba if preseason doesn't go well.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Real Madrid having a great pre-season so far. Long may it continue.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Won't be long before they turn on Hazard. At least they can't get their grubby mitts on DDG any more.

wr8_utd

:'(
Madrid having a rubbish defense isn't anything new really. Even in their CL winning campaigns, they're very vulnerable. It'll be interesting to see if their new attack can manage to score more than they regularly concede.

FootyCrew

Nacho ruined the game with his red card.

Madrid did Ok against Bayern.

Well, now 10 vs 10