Pre season friendlies - Summer 2016

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Oscar and Matic in centre mid, Moses and Willian on the wings (Traore and Costa upfront).
Will be interesting to hear whether he tries different formations and tactics in pre season or if it seems as he’s made his decision already. Only three more friendlies to go after this one though.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
will these youngsters get a chance? or be loaned out again? i really rate kenedy but he only played few mins
I think Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek are almost certainly going to be in the squad for the season.

Kenedy will also be in the squad but I won't really consider him to be a "youngster" (he was bought last year for about £6 million and has not been part of our academy).

We'll have 30+ players on loan again I'm sure. Even one of our youth coaches (Andy Myers) is on loan to Vitesse!

I think Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek are almost certainly going to be in the squad for the season.

Kenedy will also be in the squad but I won't really consider him to be a "youngster" (he was bought last year for about £6 million and has not been part of our academy).

We'll have 30+ players on loan again I'm sure. Even one of our youth coaches (Andy Myers) is on loan to Vitesse!
Aina looks a good bet for cover too.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Guardiola losing 1-0 to Bayern at the Allianz Arena.
Game's not over yet, though this is a meaningless friendly without most EURO/Coppa players anyways.

But a clash between Bayern and Pep in the CL would be :drool:

Rafateria

Liverpool down to 10 men after Lucas goes off injured and all the outfield subs had already come on at HT. So the U18 keeper, George, is going to come on as an outfield player ! Don't know how old he is but he looks about 16/17 :)

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Liverpool down to 10 men after Lucas goes off injured and all the outfield subs had already come on at HT. So the U21 keeper, George, is going to come on as an outfield player ! Don't know how old he is but he looks about 16/17 :)
You'd think in a friendly they would let them bring a player back on.

I wish. I'd have starting ahead of Baba or maybe even Ivanovic.

He would probably benefit from actually playing a season somewhere rather than being sat on our bench.
If we're serious about Aina then this should be a transition season from Iva to him.

Early days but Conte's 4-2-4 doesn't appear to rely on wingers overlapping so, as limited as he is there, I don't mind Azpi at LB.

Baba is just diabolical.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool down to 10 men after Lucas goes off injured and all the outfield subs had already come on at HT. So the U18 keeper, George, is going to come on as an outfield player ! Don't know how old he is but he looks about 16/17 :)
Looks better than Benteke. :lol:

Rafateria

Liverpool get the second from the penalty spot (Moreno) after Kent fouled. Liverpool fans booing because they wanted the U18 keeper, George, playing as striker to take the kick :D

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool get the second from the penalty spot (Moreno) after Kent fouled. Liverpool fans booing because they wanted the U18 keeper, George, playing as striker to take the kick :D
Yeah seems outside of his positional defending Moreno has no sense of humour.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
AS Beziers-Ajax 0-2
Lazio-Padova 2-1
Fiorentina-Trapani 2-1
(Rossi, Zarate)
Rubin Kazan-West Ham 3-0
Preussen Münster-Valencia 2-4
Huesca-Athletic Bilbao 1-1
Marseille-Ajax 2-2
Wolfsberger AC-Chelsea 0-3
(Traore, Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah)
Bayern-City 1-0 (Öztürk)
Hartlepool-Sunderland 0-3 (Defoe 2)
Sheff Wed-Benfica 1-0
Huddersfield-Liverpool 0-2
(Grujic, Moreno)

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
And Coutinho just missed a penalty. Grujic' finish was class though.
I was just imagining the ball bouncing up and Moreno, Coutinho, Henderson, Allen, Sterling, Ibe, Firmino, Lallana and Lucas, all of whom could quite easily been in that position in the past, fecking it up right royally. Hope Grujic can have a Lampard effect this season. God knows we need goalscorers.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah seems outside of his positional defending Moreno has no sense of humour.
:lol:

Bad news for you, defensively he was diabolical again tonight. In other words, no change from last season. Thankfully he's not giving any false indications to Klopp that he doesn't need replacing. :)