Pre-season friendly Wigan - Manchester United

MDFC Manager

I don't understand the opposition to Blind at CB. He was very good there last season.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Should be a free flowing attacking with them all capable of interchanging positions that's for sure. Memphis coming in as Wilson or Mkhi drift wide. Same on the opposite side with Lingard.

Walters_19_MuFc

So Mourinho is looking to keep 3 or 4 players on for the whole game. Guess those will be the players he's not quite sure about.

EDIT:

Jose just confirmed that one of those players will be Eric Bailly because of language barrier.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Disappointing lign up. TFM on RB is waisting his potential, Blind is not a CB and should not be regarded as one, Mkhitaryan should be our RW not CAM.

For the rest a distinct lack of new young faces to see what they could bring. Tuanzebe, should have played.
Most of the players will get 45 mins so you'll get to see new faces 2nd half

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Mourinho confirms Shaw trained every day all summer, just got a bit of a weight and match sharpness problem but in great physical shape.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great to see shaw back. Shame I have to miss the game but it should be alright with shaw, blind, bailly, tfm, and the front 4.

Nicklas

An offtopic question regarding this game:
I just bought the MUTV app for my iPhone, and are currently in Sweden. Will I be able to watch the game through the phone now? Or do you have to be in England?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
:lol:

Why are people reading so much into our first preseason friendly? ffs

El Jefe

Disappointing lign up. TFM on RB is waisting his potential, Blind is not a CB and should not be regarded as one, Mkhitaryan should be our RW not CAM.

For the rest a distinct lack of new young faces to see what they could bring. Tuanzebe, should have played.
No white text?

You must be the only United fan to be disappointed. I for one can't be nothing but excited, a chance to see the new signings and having people like Shaw and Wilson back in the team. Behave!!:D

Fully Fledged

Mkhi through the middle then. I wonder if that is his long term option or if he will play him more from the right when other players come back into the squad?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't understand the opposition to Blind at CB. He was very good there last season.
I was skeptical at first but now I don't even see him as a midfielder. It's only yesterday that I told myself:"Hey, Blind is also a DM".

Devil may care

Probably the best line-up we could field, interesting to see TFM at RB and Blind at CB under Jose.

parisite

:lol:

Why are people reading so much into our first preseason friendly? ffs
Absolutely, it's a pre-season kickabout against a Championship side that were in League 1 last season and half of our first teamers are not yet available.

Devil may care

Blind at CB? Jose lied..

Rooney in midfield is happening.
How did he lie? Jose hasn't said a single word about Blind, we just all thought he wouldn't fancy him at CB, in the case of Rooney he definitively said he's not a CM.

settembrini

I like that team. Really excited to see the new signings.

Interesting things: Blind at CB, Fosu-Mensah at RB, Mkhitaryan maybe playing central and not on the right.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The reading into the first friendly of pre-season where every sub will probably come on :lol:
THIS !!!

It's the first bloody pre season game and people are already reading into it. Mou needs to test things and he's sure to try players he certainly hasn't had the chance to work with or know well. People should at least ought to wait and see how things progress before starting to read into things.

Drifter

American
Looking forward to see what this Mkhitaryan is all about. A proper pre season to by the looks of it.