Pre-Season games 2014/15

khoazany

U18s/U21s lads already back for pre-season training yesterday.This is #Willock51 and #Rathbone90 :p

khoazany

United U18s will face Trafford F.C in a friendly on 22nd July.KO 7.30pm BST.I would expect the Milk Cup squad or U19s to feature on this.

Last edited:

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
In addition…United will play Rochdale, Burnley and Oldham in a series of games at Carrington on 16th July. We have done this regularly over the last few years. Games are often reduced in time so not 90 mins.

Behind closed doors so no spectators.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Willock looks like he's trying to be a hard nut and stare out the photographer but because he's so skinny it's not really working...

khoazany

Surprise nobody has mentioned here,but United will play in the Under-18 Festival featuring Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa at Chelsea on Aug 7-9.It was organised at Carrington last season.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Two games on the same night v Trafford and Southport next Tuesday.

Might go to Trafford, enjoyed my visit with FCUM last season.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Probably two squads of 14/15.

Under 21s and the odd first teamer who isn't going to USA will go to Southport.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Reserve Fixtures:

Sunday 20th July v Bray Wanderers (a) (2:15)
Tuesday 22nd July v Southport (a) (7:00)
Wednesday 23 July v Altrincham (a) (7:45)
Tuesday 29th July v Barnsley (a) (7:00)

More to follow...

Decotron

Reserve Fixtures:

Sunday 20th July v Bray Wanderers (a) (2:15)
Tuesday 22nd July v Southport (a) (7:00)
Wednesday 23 July v Altrincham (a) (7:45)
Tuesday 29th July v Barnsley (a) (7:00)

More to follow...
Hi Mujac, any idea if United will play any other friendlies in Ireland other than the Bray one listed above? cheers.

khoazany

United won all 3 matches in the Carrington festival yesterday (1-0 vs. Oldham, 3-0 vs. Rochdale and 2-0 vs. Burnley).Trialist Obi scored 2.Hopefully he impressed since we really need a striker in his age group.

Last edited:

FromTheBench

Bad time for both to get injured.

Was looking forward to them impressing on tour.

LR7

Lawrence and Varela are the two there that I would have liked to have seen go on tour.

FromTheBench

What's up with Henriquez too? Injured as well?

He's stalled his career joining us if i am being honest. Was a Chile International already and hence got a work permit and probably would have been at the WC at the rate he was progressing there.

jb8521

What's up with Henriquez too? Injured as well?

He's stalled his career joining us if i am being honest. Was a Chile International already and hence got a work permit and probably would have been at the WC at the rate he was progressing there.
Henriquez season with Zaragoza only finished in mid June and he had a few injuries and illnesses last year so it might just be the club holding him back until he's properly fit to avoid a other break down

PS18

The U18 friendly today against Carlisle seems to have actually been another festival/tournament at Carrington involving us, Carlisle, Sheffield Wednesday and Bury. Wednesday won it - they drew 0-0 with us and won the other two. Not sure on the other results yet.

khoazany

Team: J.Pereira Love McConnell Thorpe Evans Willock Goss Pearson Harrop Bebe Fletcher

Sub's: A.Pereira McNair Rothwell O'Hara

Interestingly Willock,McConnell and Harrop are starting ahead of McNair,Rothwell and A.Pereira.

Lawrence Wilson Janko Henriquez and Petrucci all named on the bench but weren't involved in warm up according to @jb8521

FromTheBench

Team: J.Pereira Love McConnell Thorpe Evans willock goss Pearson harrop Bebe fletcher Sub's a.Pereira McNair Rothwell O'Hara

Interestingly Willock,McConnell and Harrop are starting ahead of McNair,Rothwell and A.Pereira.

Lawrence Wilson Janko Henriquez and Petrucci all named on the bench but weren't involved in warm up according to @jb8521
Probably rotating them around in pre season. Those all will start the next game or maybe going half and half.

Sid234

Team: J.Pereira Love McConnell Thorpe Evans Willock Goss Pearson Harrop Bebe Fletcher

Has Henriquez travelled with the team? Didnt see his name mentioned in the squad announced on the site..