Television Preacher (AMC)

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
On Amazon prime in the UK today. Good reviews. Apparently there's a surprise guest star in it briefly and yes I have all the comics so know it inside out. Done right this should be bigger than walking dead.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Anyone seen the pilot yet? IGN has given it a high rating.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
It kinda sucked. But I reckon those that didn't read, or liked, the comic, might find it interesting.

It deviates too much from the bizarre, but wonderful and specific story from Ennis. Some characters look the part, but seems *everyone* is changed personality wise. No adephi, no seraphi, no fecking Saint of Killers. Hugo's there though.

Guess for budgetary reasons they'll stick in Annville for a while.

Gambit

No saint of killers!!!!!!!!! What???

cyberman

Surely the Saint of Killers shows up at some stage.
He's my favourite character from the series ffs.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
They all could show up, hope they do, but somehow doubt it. Seems that story will revolve around Annville in the first season, as it appears Odin's there too.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Haven't read the comics but the pilot was pretty good.

Gambit

Wathced it, loved it. A hell of a lot different from the comic and I can kinda see where they're taking it but it maintained the one important thing that the comics had. It was fun.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Surely the Saint of Killers shows up at some stage.
He's my favourite character from the series ffs.

Main:

Dominic Cooper as Jesse Custer: A small town preacher who is on a mission to find God.
Joe Gilgun as Cassidy: An Irish vampire and Custer's best friend.
Ruth Negga as Tulip O'Hare: Custer's gun-toting ex.
Lucy Griffiths as Emily Woodrow: A character described as a "no-nonsense" single mother, waitress, church organist, bookkeeper and Custer's loyal right hand.
W. Earl Brown as Sheriff Hugo Root: Eugene Root's mean-hearted father.
Anatol Yusef as DeBlanc: one of two Adelphi angels tasked with watching the half-demon, half-angelic creature named 'Genesis'.
Tom Brooke as Fiore: one of two Adelphi angels tasked with watching the half-demon, half-angelic creature named 'Genesis'.
Ian Colletti as Eugene Root / Arseface: Sheriff Root's son, disfigured after shooting himself in the face with a shotgun and surviving.

Recurring:

Derek Wilson as Donny Schenck: "A Civil War re-enactor and abusive thug who gets into altercations with Jesse Custer but nevertheless shows up to church on Sunday."
Elizabeth Perkins as Vyla Quinncannon: "A gentle but formidable businesswoman who owns the local slaughterhouse in Annville," and shares a past with Jesse's father.
Jamie Anne Allman as Betsy Schenck: "A meek wife who suffers beatings by the hand of her husband, Donny."
Jackie Earle Haley as Odin Quinncannon: "A small, decrepit man with the unscrupulous iron will necessary to be the most powerful man in Annville County, Texas. The chief employer in town, Odin runs Quinncannon Meat & Power, a 125-year-old family run cattle slaughterhouse business."
Graham McTavish as The Saint of Killers: A bounty hunter with god-like powers who is on a mission to kill Jesse.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Main:

Anatol Yusef as DeBlanc: one of two Adelphi angels tasked with watching the half-demon, half-angelic creature named 'Genesis'.
Tom Brooke as Fiore: one of two Adelphi angels tasked with watching the half-demon, half-angelic creature named 'Genesis'.

Recurring:

Graham McTavish as The Saint of Killers: A bounty hunter with god-like powers who is on a mission to kill Jesse.
Nice. I actually thought those two above might've been weird Starr and a companion.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
It was ok. Weird but somehow not weird enough if that makes sense.

Didn't really like the main actor as much as I did his sidekicks. Comes across as a bit charmless.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Decent pilot.

Real shame that they dont release all the eps at once since I think this show would have been way better in binge-mode. Never read the comics so I have no way to compare it. Best thing so far is the Irish demon, the main actor comes as a bit of wooden as some has said, not sure if that is how he is portrayed in the cartoon, or if it just the actor.

dellboyy

Not read the comics, but i quite enjoyed it. You can't really expect a tv show to follow the comics word for word and bring everyone in straight away. This kinda pilot was an introduction to the world and the main characters in this season i guess.

I definitely got enough from it to keep my interest, so job done!

Gambit

Dwalin is the Saint of Killers, could be a cool choice if done right. also there's one character that we've not seen yet but should be there and looks like we all forgot to mention as well.

SwansonsTache

To bad Cillian Murphy is previously engaged in Peaky Blinders, he would be a mint preacher.

Segment

Any idea as to how many episodes are there to be in this season?

Segment

Just seen this episode, Dominic Cooper was brilliant as Jessie.

Gambit

Good second episode. The Cowboy at the start answers one my concerns. Now we need the other cowboy to make an appearance.

SwansonsTache

Second episode was certainly better than the first. No totally convinced yet though.

Gambit

Unfortunatly the route they're taking is more slowly slowly in comparison to the comics, Annville will be left behind after this season ( or it better had be otherwise I won't be interested).

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Cant be having slow burners can we?

Love Cassidy as a character even though the lads Oirish accent is all over the place.
In fairness now his "oirish" accent is not even a fraction as bad as the one's we had to endure on Sons of Anarchy when the Irish mafia became part of the storyline.

Good show so far, keeps your interest going.

SwansonsTache

In fairness now his "oirish" accent is not even a fraction as bad as the one's we had to endure on Sons of Anarchy when the Irish mafia became part of the storyline.

Good show so far, keeps your interest going.
Are you sure about this? I remember SOA's irish accents being really bad, but never as over the top as Cassidy's.

It is also like he is doing a parody of someone doing an irish accent in a really bad and ott way.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Are you sure about this? I remember SOA's irish accents being really bad, but never as over the top as Cassidy's.

It is also like he is doing a parody of someone doing an irish accent in a really bad and ott way.
Well the lads name is Gilgun, and whilst being from Lancs probably has irish parentage somewhere in fairness.

Nialler

Alex's Dad

Trust me mate, SOA's Irish accents were the worst in TV history, so bad that a lot of people gave up on the show. I'm Irish so I can tell a really bad Irish accent :angel:

Ramshock, it sounds like a mixture of dialects from all over Ireland. Its definitely not a Dub accent ;)

Gambit

Right this show deserves more love, far more entertainment and fun per episode then an entire series of the walking dead. Why isn't appearing every Monday morning. Also the man in white!!!!!!