g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Predict our last two results

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
If we beat West Ham by a goal we still need a draw against Leicester don't we to make sure?

cyberman

They wont if they play like they did today.
They were good.
I cant see how they can. The rest advantage is swapped to Liverpools favour with 3 days rest to 7. Then 4 days later its against an ugly, physical side who only seem to play second halves which is when the week long of intense football will hit Chelsea hardest.
Ive been saying this since the restart. They arent beating Wolves, thats a more dangerous game than Liverpool

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I am not confident about either match. I don't think West Ham will come 'hungover' even if they are mathematically safe and for other match, if you give a chance for a team where win gives them CL, they are likely to be up for it no matter what happened before. Important to put this defeat behind, recover and get win vs West Ham to calm the nerves.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
2-0 win vs West Ham
1-1 draw vs Leicester

We'll do it, but it won't be comfortable

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I cant see how they can. The rest advantage is swapped to Liverpools favour with 3 days rest to 7. Then 4 days later its against an ugly, physical side who only seem to play second halves which is when the week long of intense football will hit Chelsea hardest.
Ive been saying this since the restart. They arent beating Wolves, thats a more dangerous game than Liverpool
Hope you're right

Offsideagain

If we play like we did at Wembley, nothing. If Ole gets his act together and give DeGea and Pogba the hairdryer,

United 3. hammers 1

Leicester 1. United 2

SER19

Feels like we're the only team in the league constantly talking about exhaustion

Walters_19_MuFc

It's amazing what a loss can do to the minds of some people. This is why football is such an interesting game.

We have shown recently, especially after lockdown that we can absolutely devastate teams going forward.

West Ham, despite having a couple of decent results, are where they are because they haven't been great over the course of the season. Whilst Leicester, on the other hand, are not only in poor form, but have quite a few of their star players missing. Based on that, my predicted results are:

Man United 3 - 1 West Ham

Leicester 1 - 3 Man United

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
More worried about West Ham than Leicester

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Feels like we're the only team in the league constantly talking about exhaustion
We’ve played 2 more games than the majority of them.

Walters_19_MuFc

Think it's based on very little rotation by Ole, but it just goes to show that, as well as Ole wanting to keep playing a team that's producing results, it also suggests that he doesn't quite trust his back up players.

Next season, I feel it's imperative we close the gap in quality between our first XI and subs.

SER19

We’ve played 2 more games than the majority of them.
I get that but it hardly justifies this idea that they've crawled off the beaches at Normandy. Every side is going to struggle with the months off and no match fitness and we should be better placed than most to make use of our squad. 5 subs a game too.

SER19

Think it's based on very little rotation by Ole, but it just goes to show that, as well as Ole wanting to keep playing a team that's producing results, it also suggests that he doesn't quite trust his back up players.

Next season, I feel it's imperative we close the gap in quality between our first XI and subs.
Agree. As much as needing a new CB we need our subs to be much better than what we have.

wolvored

I am very worried after today and after the last few games. I think we are gassed.

Two draws will do it to finish above Leicester and at this point I'm not sure we are getting them.

I think Liverpool will beat Chelsea and then Chelsea will beat Wolves so IMO we'll need 6 points to leapfrog them.

We've 72 hours until we play again.
2 games to put in one final massive effort to fall over the line.

I'm going

Utd 1-1 WHU.

Leicester 1-1 United

We'll scrape in.

I'm worried.
Yes agree with that. If Chelsea lose their 2 games we can still get 3rd

bondsname

I think it's just excuses so we don't have to accept we're nothing special yet. A lot of work to be done still.

I think we'll drop points to West Ham and get a close, scrappy win at Leicester.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
5-0 West Ham
1-1 Leicester
West Ham nothing to play for and we know every goal puts it further out of Leicesters reach

Denis79

Got a bad feeling we'll bottle it against Leicester. Positive thing is I'm always wrong when predicting football results.

cyberman

The schdule has been a disgrace. You just hear it from us because its what you're focused on.
I cant see why we couldn't have another week or 2 added on to the end of the season.

DWelbz19

It does, doesn’t it? I have to wonder how much of it is actually true. I’m sure I remember Pochettino, or someone like that say something along the lines of “tiredness” only being a thing when you start talking it up. I just think back to the likes of Lampard, Terry, Evra etc etc routinely playing 50+ games a season at the very top level competing. I don’t remember issues of exhaustion and things like that back then. And sports science has surely only increased in the passing years?

Granted the complexion must be prefaced due to COVID, but still. I do have my reservations on it.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
2-1, 2-2 and that will be that, then time for cryogenic freezing, shiatsu, acupuncture and pacts with the devil to get our players fit and firing again for the EL.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It does, doesn’t it? I have to wonder how much of it is actually true. I’m sure I remember Pochettino, or someone like that say something along the lines of “tiredness” only being a thing when you start talking it up. I just think back to the likes of Lampard, Terry, Evra etc etc routinely playing 50+ games a season at the very top level competing. I don’t remember issues of exhaustion and things like that back then. And sports science has surely only increased in the passing years?

Granted the complexion must be prefaced due to COVID, but still. I do have my reservations on it.
Fergie rotated constantly in the last few years of his time here, I think the difference is he and his coaches were class and the players he was swapping in were top seasoned campaigners. Imagine what we could do with a prime John O'Shea now, filling in all along the backline, defensive mid and probably showing De Gea up in net.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Ideally we stuff West Ham and Chelsea don’t beat Wolves or Liverpool, and we lose to Leicester and get in on GD. I want Leicester in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
3-0
0-0

We really need Wednesday to be a 3-0 to have extra scope v Leicester.

DWelbz19

Fergie rotated constantly in the last few years of his time here, I think the difference is he and his coaches were class and the players he was swapping in were top seasoned campaigners. Imagine what we could do with a prime John O'Shea now, filling in all along the backline, defensive mid and probably showing De Gea up in net.
Oh absolutely I’m not saying rotation isn’t a thing or anything — I just think it’s getting massively overplayed. How much “rotation” have Liverpool done this season as they win the league? Or when they won the CL?

Unless your team is stacked like City’s the drop off is going to be pretty substantial in most areas. Like you say, I think it’s down to the coaches to make the most of it when they do rotate.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Tricky to predict as the tight schedule throws up odd runs of form.

Can see a tight draw versus West Ham and then Leicester will need to beat us and that should play into our strengths.

Fatigue will be huge in the final two games. Leicester are worse than us right now fitness wise. We just need to avoid injuries to our key players and we should be ok.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
West Ham prediction: 2-1
Caf reaction: Dismay at United only winning by a single goal, despite having done so somewhat comfortably. Outrage at United being “clearly knackered”.

Leicester prediction: 1-1
Caf reaction: More scorn for how Ole has managed the squad and run the players into the ground. Ole considered to be incredibly lucky, despite United being the better side.

United finish 3rd, overhauling gaps of 8 and 3 points to Leicester and Chelsea at the beginning of lockdown and having been 14 and 10 points behind them respectively before Xmas. United finish second in the post-lockdown mini-league to City.