Predict our last two results

Paul_Scholes18

0-4
0-0

No more energy around in the team. Lingard needs to play and De Gea keeps making howlers.

Gator Nate

I'll just go so far as to say we'll beat both teams by at least 2 goals. West Ham aren't that good and I don't see them having much against us, their last two wins were against Norwich and Watford so I don't put much stock in their form. And Leicester have just lost it.

Red_Aaron

We'll beat WHU 4-0 and Leicester 3-1

Finish 3rd then hopefully throw the EL away and give the players a break before the season starts again a few days later

remo

It's not that simple. Right now we are low on energy and confidence. If we recover by Thursday then we will win - I'd say 2:1. Otherwise it will be 1:1.
Against Leicester I think it will be 1:1.

All this is valid if De Gea will not make any more mistakes. Otherwise - Europa League for us.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
L against whu

2-1 against LC a la 99 CL final, scoring two extra time goals by lingard and james

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Fancy us to beat West Ham.
That result will have a bearing on the Leicester game.
If we beat WH well I believe we will beat Leicester too.
It all hinges on the next game.

King.of.Red

we have great chances to get 6 points for our last 2 games but after looking at the performances in our recent games where our players seemed exhausted, I'm not sure. And not to forget, west ham have on fire Antonio.. feck.. let's hope our slaphead captain can pocket him.

RashyForPM

Win both and we’ll get top 3. Chelsea won’t win against both Pool and Wolves.

Predictions:
Man United 3-1 West Ham
Leicester 0-3 United

SteveW

Feels like last season with every team we play seemingly having 2-5 days more rest. A few of these in a row wears a team down quickly.

Leicester will be resting all week and will have home advantage. It will be a horrible game for us. Hopefully we can scores few against WH to give us a goal or two in hand should Leicester beat us.

It's difficult to push it out enough though considering goals in the last game will essentially count double and they've scored more goals than us should GD end up level. Beating WH by 3 means we could lose by one and finish above them and 5 would mean we could lose by 2.

SteveW

Why all the talk about our players been out on their feet , is it handy excuse when we go through a rough patch.

No other team seems to have this issue as serious as we do, on Sky Sports over the weekend they were talking about how noticeable it was that players are actually getting fitter and the pace of games is increasing each week. And there are many other players from other clubs who have played every game since the restart and are getting stronger each week.
Its more of a problem when the opposition are more rested. Our lads are fit enough to play but the other team are actually fresh and energetic. Chelsea 2 days extra, WH will have around 4 extra days and Leicester will have around 3 days extra. You'd be naive to think that's not a problem.

Womp

idiot
That's a typical response you'd expect from a reactionary fan. De gea is not done yet. He still has a lot of talent in him. We need to be patient
He's been average to shite for like 2 years now. He ain't a kid learning his trade, he's a seasoned veteran on the decline.

SteveW

That's a typical response you'd expect from a reactionary fan. De gea is not done yet. He still has a lot of talent in him. We need to be patient
At what point does it stop being reactionary? I told you a few weeks ago De Gea would cost us. And it's happened.

SteveW

At the end of 2020/2021 season.
If we'd have sorted it last summer we'd be third right now and resting for the EL. Maybe even in a cup final. As it stands we may finish 5th.

Goalkeepers have to be reliable. It's too important a position. You can't give them 2 and a half years to try and find their form. Not sure how you don't get that.

Withnail

If we'd have sorted it last summer we'd be third right now and resting for the EL. Maybe even in a cup final. As it stands we may finish 5th.

Goalkeepers have to be reliable. It's too important a position. You can't give them 2 and a half years to try and find their form. Not sure how you don't get that.
It is reactionary and a little OTT to say if De Gea plays we will lose.

Its definitely not a given and Romero isn't all that.

Also I'm not sure what the point about resting for a dead rubber 10 days after we play Leicester has to do with anything. I think we'll be ok on that front.

Crustanoid

1:2
1:2

In both cases we’ll go ahead, start looking tired, goalkeeper error will cause the equaliser and they’ll get the winner in the 96th minute

AneRu

Shades of last season's run in, keeper horribly off form and a bad loss in the FA Cup precipitates a horrible run that sees us lose our way and top four! I think the last two results will be a draw and a loss - the team is just dead on its feet and our manager is prone to panicking when things aren't going his way in games. Hope I am wrong, though.

Withnail

Shades of last season's run in, keeper horribly off form and a bad loss in the FA Cup precipitates a horrible run that sees us lose our way and top four! I think the last two results will be a draw and a loss - the team is just dead on its feet and our manager is prone to panicking when things aren't going his way in games. Hope I am wrong, though.
When has he panicked?

SteveW

It is reactionary and a little OTT to say if De Gea plays we will lose.

Its definitely not a given and Romero isn't all that.

Also I'm not sure what the point about resting for a dead rubber 10 days after we play Leicester has to do with anything. I think we'll be ok on that front.
If top 4 was secure by now we'd be making sure the players were fresh to try and win a trophy. Not sure whats to argue with there.

As for De Gea I'm pretty concerned to be honest. Bad goals conceded against Chelsea, Bournemouth and Spurs in the last few games alone. He's in awful form.

RkkMan

Reactionary and too fearful here. Last season our poor run of form stemmed for quite a while and Ole was still gauging the player`s fitness. He definitely knows how to go about their fitness in these last 2 games and its our first loss in 20 games not our 20th loss in 20 games to suggest this will be the beginning of some catastrophic downfall that will doom us for all eternity is a snowflake attitude.
After the weekend the players will be hungry to get a win at home and West Ham being safe may not be easy but its very unlikely they`ll have that extra 30-40% effort they`d put in if they were still in a relegation battle.

Withnail

If top 4 was secure by now we'd be making sure the players were fresh to try and win a trophy. Not sure whats to argue with there.

As for De Gea I'm pretty concerned to be honest. Bad goals conceded against Chelsea, Bournemouth and Spurs in the last few games alone. He's in awful form.
Yes it is worrying. I don't know that I blame him too much for the Bournemouth one.

I felt that poster's comment was unnecessarily negative. We certainly need to tighten up at the back as well as even with De Gea's errors they were pretty much all preceded by poor defending. Mount was allowed stroll forward and pick his spot. We really should have been lucky he fluffed the shot but then De Gea lost his mind.

I really don't trust Romero and never have tbh.

I don't think the lads need any more time off before the Europa. We've 10 days from Leicester to the Lask game where we are already 5-0 up and then 5 days after that for the QF. As it is they could lose a bit of match fitness.

SteveW

Yes it is worrying. I don't know that I blame him too much for the Bournemouth one.

I felt that poster's comment was unnecessarily negative. We certainly need to tighten up at the back as well as even with De Gea's errors they were pretty much all preceded by poor defending. Mount was allowed stroll forward and pick his spot. We really should have been lucky he fluffed the shot but then De Gea lost his mind.

I really don't trust Romero and never have tbh.

I don't think the lads need any more time off before the Europa. We've 10 days from Leicester to the Lask game where we are already 5-0 up and then 5 days after that for the QF. As it is they could lose a bit of match fitness.
I think you're making too much of the EL comment. My point was more about us being stuck in a top 4 race when we could have had it wrapped up and any major comment on preparation for the EL. I'm not even thinking past the 2 games to be honest.

Agreed on Romero. He's nothing amazing. But De Gea has been really poor and looks completely devoid of confidence. I trust Romero to get the basics right over the two games. I can't say the same for De Gea and I don't want a repeat of last year where he costs us top 4.

Skills

Snitch
4-3 win over West ham and 3-3 draw against Leicester. May as well do it dramatically and handout a few heart attacks on the way