Predict the date the Ole gets Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

SER19

Yay we get to go through the pretence that changing the manager will fix anything again. Can't wait for it all to play out exactly as it has for 4 managers in a row

Cantonagotmehere

I don't think they will sack him. They'll just let us rot.

I love Ole, but something is very wrong here and he is part of it even if only a smaller part than the owners and the board.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He won’t, because he is the right manager for the job. And I really do mean that.
I would like to hear the reasons why you hold that opinion. Would you mind elaborating please?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Don't you think your reaction is knee jerk here. It was the same team of second half of last season when we were practically unbeatable. Its just that everyone around us has strengthened and we are stagnant. That's it. Also the fact that we are still running in preseason mode
Things were bad for a lot of last season. We started awfully, picked up a bit after Bruno arrived, and for a couple of weeks after the restart of the season, but the performances got progressively worse as the season went on. We were fortunate that Leicester were in relegation form in the 2nd half of the season or we wouldn't have got top 4. How much time has to pass for it to not be knee-jerk?

Things look worse so far this season. Lack of fitness due to a non-existent pre-season is one thing, but the defence (which is made up of legitimately good defenders) are all over the place. Brighton passed us off the pitch. Spurs looked like they were going to batter us before the red card and they've played 4 games in 8 days. You said Ole's not the reason we're playing poorly, but who else's fault could that be?

He's been let down a bit by the board this summer, but he still has a decent team at his disposal, he needs to get more out of it. I don't think he's the man to do that.

lilcurt

Can see it being after the Everton game, our next 7 games we could realistically get fewer than 3 points between the PL & CL

drmuji

Come on mate, the players he has are better than losing to Palace, deserving to lose to Brighton and getting annihilated by Spurs.
I am not disagreeing. They are the same players who beat everyone last season. Its just that lack of preseason is hitting us and other teams are sharper. Plus everyone around us has improved. We are stuck only with DVB

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The problem with Ole as the manager is he knows he’s not qualified for the job so would never cross Woodward in case of losing what is a ridiculously fortunate opportunity. He did pretty well last season though getting us 3rd and we started playing well in the final few months. It’s the Woodward shit show that has followed that once again leaves us back to square 1.

Shiva87

December 1. We have a tough October + November. Calls for his head will be louder than ever and Woodward will get Poch in.

Unfortunate but Eds failures over the end of season break will break Ole's squad.

Ollie Derbyshire

Come on. He hasn't been backed in the market. Its Woodword out and Glazers Out. Not him. He is not the reason why we are performing so Poorly
Come on seriously? He needs more signings to get the team to play better than a Sunday league team? We have been embarrassing this season and we’re only 3 games in. Been taken apart by Palace, Brighton and now an average Spurs team..

If he can’t get his point across to them he needs to go, if they aren’t listening to him and his coaches and he keeps picking them, he needs to go. Anyway you look at it the recent performances are mainly on him. We are all over the place on the pitch.

roonaldo78

Then what? Start all over again with Poch? He'll get exactly the same support from Woody and the Glazers
Do you mean around £250m with £80m on a CB who looks out of his depth?

We all know the board are clueless and deserve sacking but that does not excuse the manager. Manager needs to go along with them.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Needs a huge reaction for the Newcastle game. Like others have said, our fixtures till Christmas are really tough mainly. I would guess he might be gone by Christmas. I still want him to do well, but given our performances i doubt we will win enough.

Pogba has to go as well. He is just going to throw Poch or whoever we hire next under the bus as well.

Drainy

After Everton away - so I'd guess 08/11/2020

I've said for a while that this has the feel of Mourinho's last season, its going to be a disaster.

Newcastle away, then Chelsea, Arsenal and then Everton away is probably the final nail.

Chairman Steve

It was about this time in 2015 where Liverpool pulled the trigger on Rodgers and got Klopp, and they haven’t looked back since. The same Rodgers who were a Steven Gerrard slip away from being league champions a year before no less. Football is a cutthroat business and sentimentality is a dangerous thing to play with.

If there is a outstanding candidate out there, go for him. Soton did that with Pochettino many years ago getting rid of Adkins who wasn’t even getting particularly bad results and they went up a level in time.

OGS wont make it to December so I’ll say last week of November.

wattsy7

Hopefully he doesn’t.

No manager in the world would be successful in that job right now.

Anyone calling for his head has forgotten the values and principles of our great club, we do not want to become a Chelsea, we have ridiculed clubs like them for years for the way they sack their managers, let’s support him and aim our anger elsewhere.

Last edited:

-Supreme-

It won't happen until we cannot finish in the top 4 mathematically.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Some time in March, when top 4 is mathematically impossible
Yeah this has been the case twice in the past. Jose was sacked in December though. I don't see results getting any better though so I imagine Ole will go sooner rather than later.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Keep the faith morons, it's only a matter of time until a completely different manager is being failed by the board.

Yay.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I think he's going to the end the season if he isn't sacked after this defeat. He shouldn't be sacked like that though, even as someone out of his depth he should resign or the board should come to an agreement regarding his exit, or something like that in order to make something more 'honorable' of a firing.

Glorio

I would like to hear the reasons why you hold that opinion. Would you mind elaborating please?
Would you mind elaborating why you think he's not? He did take us to third last season and has improved a lot of our attacking players and we improved in defense as well.

On the other hand, while folks like to cast it aside as an excuse, do folks really think a team with almost no pre-season would be tearing it up in the league just like that?

If the bad form persists, fair enough, but I wouldn't start baying for blood after 3 games while we're behind everyone else bar City in terms of fitness, and it's not working out so great for them either at the moment.

RedIan

He isn’t getting sacked - we had all this nonsense last season and ended up third.

atticus finch

How is it the fault of OGS when he cannot get the players in that he wants? As important, he seems to have no control of who leaves, as was the case with JM. OGS does not have control of his own squad. The players know that, so what chance does the manager have? Undermined from day one.

For me, the blame has always been with the Glazer family and their puppet.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
How is it the fault of OGS when he cannot get the players in that he wants? As important, he seems to have no control of who leaves, as was the case with JM. OGS does not have control of his own squad. The players know that, so what chance does the manager have? Undermined from day one.

For me, the blame has always been with the Glazer family and their puppet.
Yeah he's just a hapless clown collecting a paycheck and absorbing the hate fired at the Glazers. But they will burn him when it becomes useful to do so, and that time is fast approaching.

Tibs

Needs to go ASAP, and Poch in.

This wait until we can't get 4th is BS.....what about we make the change now and keep ourselves in contention for 2nd or 3rd? Why do we have to hope for 4th, or worse, a Europa League squad.

Ole has had plenty of chances, he's just not up to it. No shame in him trying

King Eric 7

Ole could have done with an easy game or two next. But instead he's got Newcastle, PSG, Chelsea, RB Leipzig and Arsenal next. Unless we can turn it around immediately after the break, I think he'll be toast before long.

Status
Not open for further replies.