Predict the day we'll win the League

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
For you, it will be the most important day of your existence.

But for SAF, it was Tuesday.

Crustanoid

The Glazers and Woody will probably have offspring who inherit their roles so probably talking millennia

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don’t think the next 5 years are anywhere near realistic but you never know. Liverpool had been nowhere near for ages and they came close last year.

RORY65

Even if Liverpool win it this upcoming season they'll have had to wait for 30 years, Arsenal haven't won one for 15 already, it's more than likely given how far behind we already are and the way the club is run that we will have a similar wait. Probably not for the next decade anyway.

Charlie Foley

I hope SAF can witness one, post his era.
I never really thought about how brilliant this will/would be.

Remember when we beat Chelsea in 2008 and we sent Sir Bobby to lead the players up, and they sent Peter fecking Kenyon, and it showed everything about the two clubs...just think about us winning the CL again and Sir Alex leads us up...

Gandalf

Never. City are going to win it every year from now on.
Pretty sure a lot of people felt that way about Arsenal after their Invincibles season in 2003/04 and yet here we are over 15 years later and they still have not won another league title. City have been spectacular the past couple of seasons but team fortunes can change very suddenly in football and it will be someone elses time at the top of the pile soon enough.

0161_UNITED

“It’s the 92nd minute, United have to score here and it’s Jadon San-! Sancho!!!! He’s done it! Over at the Etihad the Newcastle fans have seen the result and started doing the Poznan in front of the City fans. Pep Guardiola’s last match at City before he returns to Barcelona, and he’s lost the title in the very last minute. Oh goodness, there’s a scuffle in the stands between the Gallagher brothers, Mike Summerbee attempted to intervene and he appears injured. Oh, it’s divine justice isn’t it? Man United back where they belong! What poetic justice!”

Do that in your best Martin Tyler voice and savour it lads.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Pretty sure a lot of people felt that way about Arsenal after their Invincibles season in 2003/04 and yet here we are over 15 years later and they still have not won another league title. City have been spectacular the past couple of seasons but team fortunes can change very suddenly in football and it will be someone elses time at the top of the pile soon enough.
It is more likely to be Liverpool's than ours, so I'd take City every year for now.

RedCurry

15th May 2024. We’re on the right track but it’ll take a couple of management changes to get it spot on.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Wow...when did we become Arsenal with our low expectations? We may not win it this year, but we will put in a challenge. We still have a shot though. But if not this year, then we will win it next year...Sorry, but I don't lower my expectations

Eric's Seagull

Aiming for end of 2022/23 season but there is a lot to take into account.
We need Ole's signings to all gel well quickly when they come in. We want to get Gomes to sign a new contract and we keep the rest of the youngsters and hope they progress at a decent rate. Some things could be disadvantageous Phil Jones contract is until 2023 with the option of an extra year, Smalling will be in his final year. Had a conversation with my mate and he reckons we will nothing until they are gone, so preferably one or both plus Rojo will be gone by next summer, sincerely hope he is wrong as he's a City supporting WUM but knows a lot and sometimes talks sense when he is not WUMMING me.

A plus is Matic' contract expires next summer so he will be gone hopefully, really hoping Woody doesn't give him any extension. Hopefully, Darmian goes this summer but his contract is up next year so he will be gone. When they go we need Woody to fork out the funds to replace them, he may or may not do, if he doesn't splash cash I think we are going to find it difficult. We are going to need Woody to get signings in quicker starting next season so they get more time time to get used to Ole's methods and gel, which I think is a massive point.

We are going to need each signing which comes in each window to do well and fit in quickly. At the end of this season, I would like to see us claim a Champions League spot by finishing 4th not by winning Europa League but would take winning Europa as a bonus on top of finishing 4th, it would get the younger players used to winning things and breed a winning mentality in the squad. Lingard has 2 years left so hopefully he will be sold but I've read which could be complete bollox that he is getting extension bumping his wage from £75,0000 to £130,000.

We need to hope the players respond well to Ole's tactics and are capable of keeping up his high-intensity game all season. This year we should be aiming for top 4 and maybe win League Cup to get youngsters used to winning, as I stated before, a decent F.A cup run although this is not essential with a stroke of luck win Europa League, whilst cutting the gap to the top 2 by a few points. Next season we should be aiming to comfortably qualify for Champions League pushing Spurs for 3rd place and hope to not get embarrassed in Champions League and maybe win the F.A cup luck permitting, whilst further cutting the gap at the top.

If we keep progressing, get rid of deadwood, replace it well and hope new signings are of required quality and gel quickly, the youngsters progress well as they will be in their third season around the first team, which I hope a lot will be starters by then, I think we will be ready to challenge for the League that year but there are a lot of if's and hopes. But by then I think we will have a good chance.

Bestietom

That's like trying to predict " the end of the world". Just hope we don't take as long as Liverpool.

romufc

Do not think we will win the league with Ed in charge.

pacifictheme

Wow...when did we become Arsenal with our low expectations? We may not win it this year, but we will put in a challenge. We still have a shot though. But if not this year, then we will win it next year...Sorry, but I don't lower my expectations
Delusional.

We're so badly run and city and liverpool are so far ahead. There is no way we will get close to them next season. We won't do as well as joses team that came second with what, 81 points? We can improve from last season but i still don't think we'll put in anything resembling a title challenge. Baffles me that anyone does really.

Sorry mate.

dove

There is a difference in having realistic expectations and simply being delusional. We are shite, we will be nowhere near title challenge for at least 2 more seasons. After that we can only guess based on our recent history with Ed running the show so we can be pretty certain we will continue being a laughing stock as long as he is in charge. Have we even improved from last summer? Our top 4 hopes hangs on Arsenal and Chelsea being absolutely crap rather than us getting better which sums up our current state.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Delusional.

We're so badly run and city and liverpool are so far ahead. There is no way we will get close to them next season. We won't do as well as joses team that came second with what, 81 points? We can improve from last season but i still don't think we'll put in anything resembling a title challenge. Baffles me that anyone does really.

Sorry mate.
Liverpool has finished ahead of us for a grand total of 1 year in a row. Sorry, but I don't lower my expectations. I think I am realistic and the only teams who I think are better than us are City and Liverpool. Luckily there are 17 other teams in the league. You can even take out Chelsea and Tottenham if you like and leave 15 teams and that still leaves 90 points up for grabs. But I get it...nobody wants to be called "delusional" so it's better to be all "doom and gloom". Sorry, but I don't lower my expectations. We saw glimpses of what this team can do last year when Ole took over and that's what I am expecting to see this year. But go ahead and try and talk me out of it. it won't work...