Predict the score for the Euro 2020 final

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Both team base their game on defending. It will be a very close 0-0 or 1-0.

harrington

Supports
Aston Villa
Head over heart: 1-0 to Italy, probably in extra time. However the Italians score, there'll be something beautifully, heartbreakingly ruthless about it. I hope England prove me wrong, and wrong by a couple of clear goals (and that Grealish bags a corking assist with at least one of those). I do NOT want a penalty shoot-out.

SirAnderson

Just as long as it doesn't got to ET and Pens please.
Preferable a masterclass in attack and hopeless defending from both teams, let's see some high scoring final for a change.

kthanksbye

2-0 Italy. Don't think England are at the level required to beat Italy.

Catania

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
Catania
11 July 1982 Madrid, 3-1 Italy vs West Germany.
11 July 2021 London 3-1 Italy vs England.

Whether has been elements of luck or not, he has been the most successful England manager in major tournaments and created the best atmosphere within the squad since Bobby Robson (who also got heavily criticised before and during that tournament).

Whether we would have done better or worse with different decisions we will never know. I thought he did a fantastic job at the last world cup with a weak squad and little options. I will hold my hands up and say I heavily criticised him myself during the group games and the Germany game with his selections and was concerned,....but he has stuck with the likes of STerling and Kane when many were calling for one or both to be dropped and had a clear idea of what he has wanted to do in each game. He has been bold and, now I can see why he has done a lot of the decisions he has done. There are still things I think he should have changed in midfield, but everybody will have different ideas. But stating if we had a competent manager etc etc etc, is both disrespectful and embarrasing as a comment really when we are in our first final in 50years, pathertic
I agree mate.:D
He/she was being sarcastic. I got duped too :lol:
sad thing is, the state of this forum over the past few days means it’s difficult to tell. :rolleyes:

Denis79

2-0 Italy.

It’s going to be a super defensive side from Southgate and despite that we are going to concede an early goal. Southgate then won’t change it up to a more attacking setup until late in the game by which point Italy will grab another on the counter attack before slowing the game down to a snails pace and seeing it out.

Everyone will say he got it right and was unlucky. In reality you have to go out and win finals.
Yup, if Southgate starts the game defensively Italy will win it for sure.

slored1

2-1 England. Sir Harry Kane with the winning header in extra-time.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Italy 2 England 0. been saying Italy will win the competition since half time in the first game!

jesperjaap

I agree mate.:D

sad thing is, the state of this forum over the past few days means it’s difficult to tell. :rolleyes:

Ah ok sorry. Like you say been so much negativity on Southgate and the side from the start is hard to tell.....still nothing compared to some of the facebook England managers and ridiculous opinions I have read.

Hold my hands up. I said before the tournament we are capable of winning it this year with the home advantage....but our centre backs are not good enough consistency wise and its maybe a year or two early with a lot of the players. I think our centre bcks, the whole defence in fact have been superb (though Pickford concerning for the fist time in an ENgland shirt last coupel of games).

I wasnt on the drop Kane when he was poor brigade, was very much on the Sterling isnt the best option....I actually thought he was poor in the group games bar the goals, but he has been very good the last two games.

I was also despite being a fan of SOuthgate before the trounament, very critical of his team selections in thr group games and especially in the Germany game..but on the whole its paid off and can understand some of the selections now.

So however we have got to the final and whatever happens in the final, the whole team from players to staff have carried themselves well and been a credit.

Anyway....score this evening, I have no idea, think it wil be a pretty horrible game though and we will really struggle to cope with the press or hurt them in the key areas and Barella floating about worries me. I do think if we can keep the score level after an hour though with our subs we have a good chance, if we score first we have a very very good chance....but though this is a different Italian side to usual, I still think breakign them down from a goal behind could be very frustrating....head tells me 2-1 Italy, heart tellms me 3-1 England.

Key player for me for us for the first hour is Mount. I think he has doen a lot of hard work un-noticed in the trounament and he will have to do a lot in this game too so dont see him lasting the 90mins....But he has been pretty average attacking wise so far and I think him finding space and creating overloads or drawaing players out ofposition to track him is vital for us to break down the Italians.

The two players who worry me fo rus are obviously Pickford afte the last two games as generally he has been superb for ENgland. The other one I feel a bit bad saying is Phillips. I have loved all the back story and interviews with him, has come across as a very humble, down to earth, great human being. He has had some good spells n games and worked really hard.....but he hasnt been great on the ball so far generally (ironic as wonder what the Italians think of hearign he is the Yorkshire Pirlo)....but what worries me, this is the hardest workign and best midfield we have played, yet time and time again so far he has been caught a lot for me being to keen to win the ball and bypassed or rolled if he doesnt give a foul away and that worries me tonight

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
2-0 Italy.

It’s going to be a super defensive side from Southgate and despite that we are going to concede an early goal. Southgate then won’t change it up to a more attacking setup until late in the game by which point Italy will grab another on the counter attack before slowing the game down to a snails pace and seeing it out.

Everyone will say he got it right and was unlucky. In reality you have to go out and win finals.
Check.