Predict the Top 6 in order

Havak

Pokemon master
Despite the doom and gloom, I don't think we'll be that close to finishing in the bottom half, but it could be as bad or slightly worse than the Moyes season if we don't find some form soon. I really don't think there is that much between all of Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester, Man Utd, Spurs, and maybe West Ham this season. It'll take a turn of form for Wolves and Everton but you'd fancy them to be top half as well and in that mix, maybe Bournemouth in with a shout too. I'll hold out a little longer before writing us off, because I don't really think any team bar Leicester are performing close to their best yet (I discount Liverpool and City as I will be amazed if they're not the top two regardless of City's defensive woes). I'll be surprised if Palace or Burnley remain in the top eight. Long way to go, but it'll only take a month or two of good form for a team to suddenly be in with a shout of making a claim for as high as top four.

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus
As of right now I think it'll be something like:

1. City/Liverpool
2. City/Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Leicester
6. Possibly Spurs?

I could see Chelsea finishing above Arsenal but Arsenal's home record under Emery is pretty strong.
I think Spurs are the most shocking one so far. They have more than a good enough team and manager to finish comfortably in top4. I think they will turn it around and eventually start getting results and finish there.

tomaldinho1

Ole will beat Pool at OT and spark the fires of this terrible United team, who will rise like a phoenix from the ashes and will go on a winning run of 1-0 wins until the end of the season.
  1. United
  2. Pool
  3. Chelsea
  4. City
  5. Leicester
  6. Arsenal

Hughie77

Ole will beat Pool at OT and spark the fires of this terrible United team, who will rise like a phoenix from the ashes and will go on a winning run of 1-0 wins until the end of the season.
  1. United
  2. Pool
  3. Chelsea
  4. City
  5. Leicester
  6. Arsenal
Love the optimism , wouldn't that piss a lot off.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I still feel they'll be tough times ahead for Chelsea and I suspect Spurs will sort their shit out sooner or later so I'm gonna go

1- Liverpool
2- City
3- Spurs
4- Arsenal
5- Chelsea
6- Leicester

Jibbs

1- Liverpool
2- City
3- Leicester
4- Spurs
5- Chelsea
6- Arsenal

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
suspect Spurs will sort their shit out sooner or later
Try later, they have gone stale and that doesn't reverse itself very quickly, took us years to fully recover when it happened to us.

They are just a very average team with a bunch of ex great players these days.

Canagel

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Leicester
6. Tottenham

BlueHaze

1. Livepool
2. City
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham
5. Arsenal
6. Leicester

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Leicester
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. Spurs
12 - United

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
With Ole :
1)City
2)Liverpool
3)Chelsea
4)Spurs
5)Arsenal
6)Leicester

10) Man Utd

If we sack Ole in next few games:
1)City
2)Liverpool
3)Chelsea
4)Man Utd
5)Spurs
6)Arsenal

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
  1. United
  2. Pool
  3. Chelsea
  4. City
  5. Leicester
  6. Arsenal
This is where i point out that liverpool will get 100 points and so even by winning ALL your remaining games you'll still finish 2nd :D

fps

I went for Man Utd in 4th, but I didn't see Shaw, AWB, Martial and Pogba all being injured at the same time, and I believe the transfer window was still open?

tomaldinho1

This is where i point out that liverpool will get 100 points and so even by winning ALL your remaining games you'll still finish 2nd :D
Yh even if we won all remaining games (including both against them) they would still need to drop 9 points. City can take 6 of those and then they'll draw a few games. It's happening.

lsd

The Oracle
1) Leicester
2) Palace
3) Burnley
4) Arsenal
5) liverpool
6 Man Utd

KGBhoy

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Spurs
6. Leicester

Fosu-Mens

I went for Man Utd in 4th, but I didn't see Shaw, AWB, Martial and Pogba all being injured at the same time, and I believe the transfer window was still open?
We would never have finished 4th with those players fit regardless. Our midfield is simply clueless without PP and the average MUFC players ability on the ball and at passing is well below the EPL average.

Tickle Lad

Supports
Leicester City
Try later, they have gone stale and that doesn't reverse itself very quickly, took us years to fully recover when it happened to us.

They are just a very average team with a bunch of ex great players these days.
Disagree, Tottenham's two main problems - freshness and mental togetherness - will correct themselves progressively from November onwards. From November onwards the January window will come in to view and the influential wantaways will start looking forwards again, understanding the need to up their performances to impress potential suitors. Similarly Sessegnon and Lo Celso will recover from injury and have the energy and talent to immediately inject freshness, whilst Ndombele seems like a Fabinho type slow burner, with immense talent still to come.

Then as the season draws closer to its end and team goals - not to mention Euro 2020 squad selections - narrow into focus the team's focus will only increase in parallel. Tottenham will be fine.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Lot of hype for Leicester in here, they haven't really shown enough yet for me. They did beat Spurs but lost to United and Liverpool (thanks to a very generous pen) and have drawn winnable games. Can't see them being higher than 6/7th.

BergkamptoOvermars

Supports
Arsenal
City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Leicester
Chelsea
West Ham
Villa
Spurs
Burnley
Bournemouth

Wolves
Palace
Brighton
Southampton
Everton
Sheffield
Newcastle
Man Utd
Norwich
Watford

GGT

ok since last matches, lets have analysis of the forum views.
8 predictions , have discounted the prediction of united top, as assumed he was joking, not so much Lsd's optimism but, with a small sample would alter the figures more than his prediction is worth, regarding placing of other teams.

first to notice 72% think Liverpool win , this well over the actual betfair odds where it it only 56%, conclusion united fans are overestimating Liverpool chances, maybe the fear factor.

top 4 chelsea 86%, betfair odds where it is only 54%
top 4 Arsenal 57%, betfair odds where it is only 57%
top 4 Leicester 42%, betfair odds where it is only 23%

Now this is a very small sample, and will undoubtably be skewed.
Betfair is where the proffesional bet and beating the betfair odds is the holy grail. A 5% difference would be seen as massive, and what the pros look for.

If you believe the wisdom of the cafe to be better overall than the universe of punters worldwide, the only option is to bet Chelsea and Leicester to be top 4.
Bear in mind though, this is just a fun post, and would in my eyes, be only relevant with a sample of over 100, instead of the 8.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Disagree, Tottenham's two main problems - freshness and mental togetherness - will correct themselves progressively from November onwards. From November onwards the January window will come in to view and the influential wantaways will start looking forwards again, understanding the need to up their performances to impress potential suitors. Similarly Sessegnon and Lo Celso will recover from injury and have the energy and talent to immediately inject freshness, whilst Ndombele seems like a Fabinho type slow burner, with immense talent still to come.

Then as the season draws closer to its end and team goals - not to mention Euro 2020 squad selections - narrow into focus the team's focus will only increase in parallel. Tottenham will be fine.
I personally think the problems run a lot deeper right now. There's one thing being a bit off but being toyed with by Brighton (with respect to them) is another.

There's just a sheer lack of quality all over the squad now. Apart from Kane and Son all the players that were great in 2017 are bang average at best now and more than likely will never get close to that level again, some due to age (Vertonghen, Alderwierld) some injury (Rose), and the others motivation and/or not wanting to be there anymore (the rest), then there's the likes of Dier that were never that good in the first place.

Lo Celso and Sessengon may be good players but it's asking a lot of them to carry that lot at such an age, they're a good start to the rebuilding process but for now I think that will be it.

fps

We would never have finished 4th with those players fit regardless. Our midfield is simply clueless without PP and the average MUFC players ability on the ball and at passing is well below the EPL average.
No I disagree, other teams aren’t playing especially well and I believe in Martial’s ability to be a devastating centre forward, but not his toughness, hence an inevitability about his absence.

Fosu-Mens

No I disagree, other teams aren’t playing especially well and I believe in Martial’s ability to be a devastating centre forward, but not his toughness, hence an inevitability about his absence.
We would have been dependent on PP and Martial to be playing for 30+ games and being more consistent. And with every team knowing that if you stop PP then MUFC are clueless then it is difficult.

H Wein

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Leicester
4. Chelsea
5. Spurs
6. Arsenal

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Leicester
6. Spur

devilixir

1. Liverpool
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Leicester
5. Chelsea
6. Spurs

troylocker

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. Man United

We'll sit in 9th/10th in the end of December, but will turn it around with new players in in January

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Did anyone actually predict Leicester in the top 6?

Highest I'm seeing scrolling through is 8th.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Everton

Arse/Chelsea could be tight; Everton over Wolves as the latter might drop-off a bit from last season's form, though Everton's lack of defensive cover should concern them.
First place obviously confirmed, but still confident of City in second. Didn’t foresee Leicester sitting in second so long; I had them as potential gate-crashers along with Everton and Wolves, but I ruled them out after selling Maguire so late in the window. My selection of Everton finishing in the top six was very stupid, and I should’ve known better.

Spurs doing this badly I didn’t predict, but I still think they’ll finish top four.

Chelsea on course for where I predicted, but Arsenal obviously not :lol:

We might get sixth again, but can’t see any higher.