Premier League April 26-28

Mander

Southampton need to sign this "(OG)" fella on a permanent basis! He's on fire!

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Everton have bottled the 4th place. Like they regularly did under Moyes.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
"Who needs Jay Rodriguez? We've got your back four"

:lol:

Drifter

American
'Who needs Rodriquez we've got your back four" . Southampton fans on form.

jeff_goldblum

I can only assume that Martinez gave the team a master-class in his art of defending in training yesterday

Not really, but I hope Everton lose this heavily

Guy Incognito

Everton have bottled the 4th place. Like they regularly did under Moyes.
TBH never thought it was in their hands.

Arsenal will always get fourth because they can raise their games against every average team. They have a poor away record against the big teams, but that doesn't decide CL football.

Ainu

Great game to watch this. The own goals are a bit craptastic but otherwise the level of football is very good. Pocchetino has a talented group of players, but it'd be really interesting to see what he can do with a group of really top class players.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Obvious handball not given.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I always found that signing strange, if I had to take personnel from one part of that Wigan team it sure as hell wouldn't be the back 4. Should have been a penalty there as well.
I've been saying for a while I have my doubts about what Martinez will do once he has to touch that well drilled defence, that's been his weakness. That he brought Alcaraz along with him isn't exactly encouraging but he might be more inspired in the future.

Nickosaur

Shaw is so assured (or should I say ashawed?) for an 18 year old. Lightening quick too - he lost the ball to Coleman earlier in the half but caught him up in no time. Looks smart going forward as well.

Clyne is also extremely pacey too, would be an excellent backup/alternative for Rafael. Cheeky £40m bid for the both of them?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Shaw is so assured (or should I say ashawed?) for an 18 year old. Lightening quick too - he lost the ball to Coleman earlier in the half but caught him up in no time. Looks smart going forward as well.

Clyne is also extremely pacey too, would be an excellent backup/alternative for Rafael. Cheeky £40m bid for the both of them?
That's worthy of @Crackers

jeff_goldblum

I've been saying for a while I have my doubts about what Martinez will do once he has to touch that well drilled defence, that's been his weakness. That he brought Alcaraz along with him isn't exactly encouraging but he might be more inspired in the future.
Yeah definitely, I've said the same in the Martinez/Everton thread before. Really looking forward to the next few seasons in the Premier League, should be really interesting to see whether the likes of Everton and Liverpool can continue to build on this season.

Manucho the boss

Yeah definitely, I've said the same in the Martinez/Everton thread before. Really looking forward to the next few seasons in the Premier League, should be really interesting to see whether the likes of Everton and Liverpool can continue to build on this season.
They're missing distin and jagielka though aren't they? I don't think he brought Alcaraz to start many games.

alastair

ignorant
I hope Southampton don't take on a shift at the bottle plant from here. A win for them means we just need to beat Newcastle and West Brom at home then we can rest everyone v Norwich.

JP77

I just don't understand why so often these commentators sit there and watch a slow motion replay clearly showing a player offside and then say shit like "Ohhhh, is he offside? I'm not sure" or even as bad as "He looks on to me!".

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I just don't understand why so often these commentators sit there and watch a slow motion replay clearly showing a player offside and then say shit like "Ohhhh, is he offside? I'm not sure" or even as bad as "He looks on to me!".
He wasn't offside though.

jeff_goldblum

They're missing distin and jagielka though aren't they? I don't think he brought Alcaraz to start many games.
True but both of those players are the wrong side of 30 so you have to plan for them to miss games. I'd actually argue that Alcaraz has played fewer games than expected this season because Stones has exceeded all expectations and overtaken him in the pecking order.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Clyne best player on the pitch for my money, won the ball back so frequently, timing has been perfect, solid both offensively and defensively. I definitely think Rafael is the better player but Clyne as back up / challening with Rafa (as was rumoured before he went to Southampton...) would be so much better than having to watch Jones/Smalling/Valencia play right back when Rafael's inevitable injuries happen throughout the season.