Premier League April 26-28

Enigma_87

You know who
Everton have bottled the 4th place. Like they regularly did under Moyes.
Oh cmoon mate, they did a great run since March. 8 wins 1 loss(now possibly second). I wouldn't say it is a bottling job at all.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Oh cmoon mate, they did a great run since March. 8 wins 1 loss(now possibly second). I wouldn't say it is a bottling job at all.
They never really came close to 4th after 2005 did they? This year was the nearest they got since and their first European qualification since 2008-09.

Manucho the boss

Clyne best player on the pitch for my money, won the ball back so frequently, timing has been perfect, solid both offensively and defensively. I definitely think Rafael is the better player but Clyne as back up / challening with Rafa (as was rumoured before he went to Southampton...) would be so much better than having to watch Jones/Smalling/Valencia play right back when Rafael's inevitable injuries happen throughout the season.
Could be available in the summer if we're willing to splash the cash as they have Chambers waiting to come in, another promising young player.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
McGeady doing an impression of Ronaldo there.

jeff_goldblum

Looked like he was going down before the contact came there, for me that's a dive. Stupid thing to do given that if he'd waited another half a second he'd have gotten taken out and there'd be no two ways about it.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Lukaku is well overrated. He'll never be more than understudy at Chelsea.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It's one of those where Osman dived but it was also a foul.

I commend referees that are brave enough to book players for diving but at the same time referees are part of the cause so I have no sympathy.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Bit foolish from him to go down before the contact as it was inevitably coming. Still a definite penalty for me.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
He is overrated right now but to say he won't ever be more than understudy is a bit OTT. He's still only 20.
He simply doesn't have the technical ability for it. His physique and goalscoring ability seems to have masked a lot for a lot of people.

Enigma_87

You know who
They never really came close to 4th after 2005 did they? This year was the nearest they got since and their first European qualification since 2008-09.
Indeed. Soton are no mugs this season either. The only match they shouldn't lost i home to Palace, but I guess 9 wins in a row is a bit too much of an ask for a team of their quality and squad.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
He simply doesn't have the technical ability for it. His physique and goalscoring ability seems to have masked a lot for a lot of people.
Yes, who needs goalscoring ability in the modern game?

Enigma_87

You know who
Good but not amazing IMO. A 7/10 probably.

He is overrated right now but to say he won't ever be more than understudy is a bit OTT. He's still only 20.
IMO he's a top player for Everton. They need to sign him. It will be best for both them and Lukaku. I don't think Lukaku will find a better place elsewhere.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
No. Osman dived, there might have been a foul if he stayed on his feet.
But history shows us that if you stay on your feet you don't get the decision. The defender has gone to ground and gone across Osman thus impeding him.

I suppose it comes down to what you deem to be a foul.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
He can still work on that though. Mandzukic isn't the most technical either and he's starting for Bayern. Although the fact that Lukaku doesn't seem to have improved his technique much under a manager like Martinez could be a bad sign for him.

Manucho the boss

It's one of those where Osman dived but it was also a foul.

I commend referees that are brave enough to book players for diving but at the same time referees are part of the cause so I have no sympathy.
If you're going to dive then you better be good at it :D

Wayne has had some shockers :lol:

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
You need more than that to succeed at a top club.
Inzaghi and Fowler did alright tbf. But yeah I don't think Lukaku is good enough for Chelsea either. There is also no way he is twenty!

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Inzaghi and Fowler did alright tbf. But yeah I don't think Lukaku is good enough for Chelsea either. There is also no way he is twenty!
Fowler's technique was quite good.

Inzaghi is just an enigma.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Why is Everton not pushing it? It seems like a nothing game for them, while they have a lot to fight for.
Yeah, it's as if they think the CL gone alreday, and they won their cup final last week anyway.