Premier League Festive Season

ARS

But when they drew the original offside lines yellow was behind blue? have they doctored that image to justify their bad call?

Pagh Wraith

This should not be offside. But it's not the closeness of the call I take issue with. Problem is that Pukki correctly adjusted his run to be in line with the defender. To make sure he (and with him every hair of his body) is definitely onside under the current rules he has to stay behind the defender which is nonsense to me. Should be changed to the position of the feet or at least only parts of the body you can score with.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
This should not be offside. But it's not the closeness of the call I take issue with. Problem is that Pukki correctly adjusted his run to be in line with the defender. To make sure he (and with him every hair of his body) is definitely onside under the current rules he has to stay behind the defender which is nonsense to me. Should be changed to the position of the feet or at least only parts of the body you can score with.
That's what it is at the moment.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Offside law needs to be changed, can't be ruling out goals because of millimetres

cyberman

It willQUOTE="charlenefan, post: 25092168, member: 17321"]
Offside law needs to be changed, can't be ruling out goals because of millimetres
[/QUOTE]
It will always be millimetres regardless of where you put the line. Push line forward and it pulls in the clear offsides we have now into the too close category.
Linesman always looked for millimeters, its just now we dont get mistakes.

always_hoping

Norwich well worth their half time lead. Unlucky not to be 2-0 ahead but VAR strikes again.

Rodgers has decided to select Leicesters B team today. Trying to get a bit of freshness into their key players when they have peaked too soon in the season?

Bulldog United

It willQUOTE="charlenefan, post: 25092168, member: 17321"]
It will always be millimetres regardless of where you put the line. Push line forward and it pulls in the clear offsides we have now into the too close category.
Linesman always looked for millimeters, its just now we dont get mistakes.
[/QUOTE]

I guess the Premier League better hope the majority are like you loving this VAR stuff, where perfect offside calls ensure nobody scores a dodgy offside goal.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Jose has a tonne work to do if he wants to mold this Spurs side into one traditional to his style.

Wonder if Levy made the right choice appointing him.