Premier League Festive Season

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah so sad Liverpool didn't score at the end. Would have hurt so much less.
The guy is obviously one of those cup massively empty posters!

Who wouldn't have taken not losing ground on Liverpool looking at the two team's fixtures!

cyberman

What disadvantage is that? Thats like saying "damn man, if only we won every game we would be top, feck our luck" :lol:
The first 3 games being a write off and playing 1 game less until half way through the season is a pretty big disadvantage ffs

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Does klopp not get on your nerves post match with his moaning?
Tbf Fergie came up with hilarious stuff after draws / losses where almost every rival fan and probably even some United fans wondered if he was drunk. Whereas in reality Fergie was just protecting his players and couldn’t care less what others were thinking.

Rustyspider13

Wow! I didn't see that result coming at all. Props to the two Sams.This and the Fulham result show that while they're still favorites, Liverpool are not the consistent side that'll run away with the title yet. That point at Leicester looks much better now.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No idea as of yet I suspect not but we’ll have to see how serious it is. Even with him fit it’ll be a huge challenge keeping you out but Williams is not of the required quality. We desperately need another CB it would be ludicrous to attempt to manage this season with VVD and Gomez not back till next season and Matip who’s made of biscuits. No idea how he even managed to injure himself doing that.
Much depends on Klopp's tactical approach, his general 'keep a high-backline and press high up the pitch' strategy is dangerous against a team who are effective on the counter and possess pacy strikers, which is United to a tee under Ole.

He may have to change his approach, but I doubt he will.

TheReligion

Abusive
Tbf Fergie came up with hilarious stuff after draws / losses where almost every rival fan and probably even some United fans wondered if he was drunk. Whereas in reality Fergie was just protecting his players and couldn’t care less what others were thinking.
Like what

Dudu

"Our keeper only had to make one save, one. Here. Against.. liverpool. They're top. We're bottom. Cmon Now"

Big Sam taking the piss out of them :lol: :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
City and Utd look a lot better in my eyes with a game in hand plus the start of the season being fecked for us.
If we werent under that disadvantage, we would be 1 and 2 in the league imo.
Staying there is a different argument
It's madness that we're in this position given how poorly we started the season but here we are.

You know what, crazier things have happened than us pipping Liverpool to the title in the very same year they looked odds-on to equal our record.

Oh, how great it would be :drool:

RashyForPM

Neves, Coady and Neto all getting sent off wouldn’t be half pleasing.

Should that not happen, a Wolves win over Spurs would suffice :D

tomaldinho1

His opening line was no one could predict how defensive WBA would be..

He's pathetic
Hasn't he played a Merseyside derby versus Big Sam? That stint where Big Sam left Everton and they had some awful stat like 20th in the league for shots and averaging less than a goal or game or something...no idea he was going to be defensive though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The busy period, West Broms ten man defence. West Brom only looking to score from set pieces. Blah blah blah..
Remember that time we played them and had about 4 injuries in the first 20mins - with Rashford basically dead weight for 70mins?

Klopp moaned in the interview after that our injuries disrupted them!

acnumber9

Equally we could have been a point worse off.
Instead we could be two behind them once the game in hand comes into play with another tricky away game gone.
But when you lead twice and drop points it’s a disappointing result.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Does klopp not get on your nerves post match with his moaning?
I get why he does it. Some of his excuses are BS but he tries not to get on his players backs excessively in public.

He’s never been a good loser.

TheReligion

Abusive
I get why he does it. Some of his excuses are BS but he tries not to get on his players backs excessively in public.

He’s never been a good loser.
No I get that but it's literally every time. Do you not just yearn for him to say it how it is now and again and not act like a spoilt brat? I think this is where he gets it wrong. Fergie would protect his players but would also give credit where it's due and if necessary call players out.

You can't constantly moan and whinge as you lose credibility. That's why he ended up in that uncomfortable argument the other week with Des Kelly.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
But when you lead twice and drop points it’s a disappointing result.
Not a disappointing result overall, but given the context of the game a little frustrating.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No I get that but it's literally every time. Do you not just yearn for him to say it how it is now and again and not act like a spoilt brat? I think this is where he gets it wrong. Fergie would protect his players but would also give credit where it's due and if necessary call players out.

You can't constantly moan and whinge as you lose credibility. That's why he ended up in that uncomfortable argument the other week with Des Kelly.
Fergie was very smart when faced with the rugby type teams like Pulis Stoke.
Always praising them and making sure there was no extra incentive for them to do us.

Compare that to the whinger Wenger and you could see Stoke always upped their game against them.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Is this the first time Jose has gone with 3/5 at the back this season?
Probably Reguilon a bit forward, mindful of Traore.

Didn't watch the West Brom match, but just saw the stats. Excellent :D

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

He did say that we weren’t putting enough work in during the second half tbf.