Premier League Festive Season

Gazza

:lol: Why on earth have rival fans on here become so concerned about what United fans want to happen with other teams' matches? Like this week and last week has been kinda bizarre with Arsenal/Liverpool/Villa fans (!) advising or even admonishing United fans for wanting the 'wrong' team to win.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yellow for Maddison for kicking the ball away, but when Rodri holds on to the ball for 20 seconds and fights off three Leicester players to avoid giving it to them for a quick kick-off then it's not a yellow.
Rodri isn't even playing....

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Perfectly over myself mate. There were a few even saying in another thread that they aren't too fussed about top 4 either as they think they wouldn't really deserve it, & I felt a bit similar about Arsenal. Just an observation, that's all.
A couple of years ago I would have fully got that as in 19/20 i was pretty relaxed about the prospect of missing out on top 4 as I didn't think we were ready to compete in the UCL, glad we did in hindsight :lol:

You should always aim to get in it even if you think your team ain't ready because once you're in it you just never know.

PoTMS

Arsenal are worryingly racking up the goal difference. It could end up being crucial at the end of the season.

pascell

We have to win all 3 of our games in hand to go 1 point ahead of Arsenal. Wtf.
Got shot down on here for saying we'll do well to get top 4 because they play better as a team than we do. They're very well drilled, playing for the manager and are obviously buying into his ideas and look like they're enjoying their football again. Spurs are also the same, which is a big worry for us as we didn't look convincing at all vs Norwich.

cyberman

The table is not lying. It's reflecting the matches played so far.
And it is lying. The table may reflect points total but it is not a reference guide to use as defence for how the season will end up.
this time 3 weeks ago this place was shitting themselves over West Ham so let’s just calm down. Maybe Arsenal can play 10 more games before we play again and really stick it to us!

Withnail

Perfectly over myself mate. There were a few even saying in another thread that they aren't too fussed about top 4 either as they think they wouldn't really deserve it, & I felt a bit similar about Arsenal. Just an observation, that's all.
Defeatist oddballs with that kind of talk.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
6-3 is still a lot better than Leicester could have hoped for after the first goal.

Matst1

Top 4 is going to be difficult, but i see spurs as the main hurdle. Arsenal once again have had a favorable run of fixtures but think they will struggle against top 8 teams and drop points

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Paul Tierney sent Robertson off for something like what Fernandinho just did. He’s on VAR today and didn’t even consider reviewing that challenge.

Anustart89

Down by his side and accidental. No chance
Comes off the side of his elbow and assists a tap-in from one yard out for Sterling, aren't those that immediately lead to a goal supposed to be called off even if accidental? Or is it only if the player brings it down for himself? I mean it literally bounces off his arm straight into the path of Sterling for a 0.95xG chance.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
ESR getting a goal while playing 15mn and Saka got a little rest. Perfect scenario, needs to get the same against Wolves before City :nervous:

Withnail

Comes off the side of his elbow and assists a tap-in from one yard out for Sterling, aren't those that immediately lead to a goal supposed to be called off even if accidental? Or is it only if the player brings it down for himself? I mean it literally bounces off his arm straight into the path of Sterling for a 0.95xG chance.
It's been changed this year. As it was accidental it would only be an offence if Dias scored himself.