Premier League Fixtures 16th - 23rd

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I've always found Giroud very underrated, personally. At times is hold up play and link up is exceptional. Gets a decent amount of goals, too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well then why doesn't Bruce do it if it's so easy? He has better players than Leeds at his disposal. I'm no purist/elitist that believes you have to attack or keep the ball a certain way to play good football by the way, but it really isn't so simple. It might not lend itself to being a dominant winning side, but I don't think Leeds are all that bothered.

I'm wondering what you expect Leeds to achieve this season? Their fans were happy just with staying up, it's their first season back in almost 20 years for fecks sake. Bielsa has them comfortably midtable playing football their supporters enjoy. Isn't football about the fans at the end of the day?

The media wankfest has clouded too many's judgement of them. If you want to dislike Leeds just dislike them for being Leeds! That's a much better reason. I just enjoy putting on their games because it's almost guaranteed entertainment value on both ends of the pitch.
Personally i don't care about Leeds at all. They haven't been any sort of threat to us for about 20 years now. It feels like a pre my generation hatred.

I just don't get the media obsession with them as if they're some kind of better version of Keegan's gang from the mid 90s, who were an actual supreme attacking force.

The commentary on our game against them was bizarre.
Stuff like "Ooh it's 5-1 but you genuinely don't know if it'll still be a United win" was utterly ludicrous.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We could certainly do with Chelsea's corner coach. Chelsea seem to score a lot from corners and get a lot of proper contact headers on target.

TsuWave

What's the deal with Lookman? Every time I watch him he looks a baller, and it was the same when he was at Everton. Guy looks way too good for Fulham and he's only 23. Why is he there?

Djemba-Djemba

We could certainly do with Chelsea's corner coach. Chelsea seem to score a lot from corners and get a lot of proper contact headers on target.
Yeah they're great at set pieces, wish we were as dangerous.

Possibly the only thing this season they look better than us at.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What's the deal with Lookman? Every time I watch him he looks a baller, and it was the same when he was at Everton. Guy looks way too good for Fulham and he's only 23. Why is he there?
A problem he has is that he looks great but he doesn’t really do anything with it.

Djemba-Djemba

It looks as if the side needs to play in a certain way to get the best out of him and Frank only selects him when the team goes to pot, which is too often for his liking.
He cant seem to coach interchangable, attacking patterns but he keeps trying, fails, and then its James spamming crosses to Giroud to give him some breathing space.
Look at tonights side, he isnt even hiding it now.
This is absolutely bang on.

Chelsea only look a functioning proper team when they stick Giroud up front and stick crosses in.

But that's a pretty old fashioned approach and I don't think Lampard really wants to play like that. He's wants to play a sexy modern style with clever patterns and tactics and all that jazz.

He's just can't seem to coach it. So when shit hits the fan and he badly needs a win he swallows his pride and goes back to the donkey up front .

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This is absolutely bang on.

Chelsea only look a functioning proper team when they stick Giroud up front and stick crosses in.

But that's a pretty old fashioned approach and I don't think Lampard really wants to play like that. He's wants to play a sexy modern style with clever patterns and tactics and all that jazz.

He's just can't seem to coach it. So when shit hits the fan and he badly needs a win he swallows his pride and goes back to the donkey up front .
Whatever Giroud is, he is definitely not a donkey

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
he doesn’t score loads that’s the issue. 16 is his best total in the league. It’s not enough for a star striker at a top club. He scores some nice goal and some really smart goals just not enough.
He's almost like the anti-Lukaku. Giroud has the hold-up play and links well with other players, and over the years his teams seem to regularly play better and be more effective when he's in there, but he doesn't score enough goals.