Premier League fixtures 2019/20 season

Wayne's World

Very difficult start which doesn't make me optimistic in the slightest but hoping we can get a few in the door and alot out before we start against Chelsea

Ban

Rock bottom and out of the title race after 2 games. I just knew we would get Wolves away early on.

Also, I fully expect an away Europa tie in Southern Ukraine between City and Spurs in March - inevitable!

Oh and Liverpool to win their first 10 games.
Cheer up. :)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Lots of tough periods on paper throughout the season but maybe that'll prove to be a good thing

Adcuth

Jesus. The media darlings get to open the league with an easy game so all the kopite pundits can start wanking over them early

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Do wolves have to do qualifying rounds for the EL?
Yeah. July 25th and August 1st. They start in the second round and there are four of them. Third round is August 8th and 15th so if they qualify for that, your game is bound to be on Sunday or even Monday night.

It majorly impacted Burnley's start to the season last year.

charlenefan

Yeah but it could be a double edged sword, they could be well up on fitness and tank us.
I know Wolves are a lot better than the teams in that position before them but history says teams in those early qualifiers tend to have a shit start to the season

Yeah. July 25th and August 1st. They start in the second round and there are four of them. Third round is August 8th and 15th so if they qualify for that, your game is bound to be on Sunday or even Monday night.

It majorly impacted Burnley's start to the season last year.
True

Yeah but it could be a double edged sword, they could be well up on fitness and tank us.
[/QUOTE]

Can only hope it works in our favour

Kapardin

Very difficult start which doesn't make me optimistic in the slightest but hoping we can get a few in the door and alot out before we start against Chelsea
Always good to get the tough games out of the way early.

Our fixture list isn't too kind. December and February look tough, as does the final set of games in May. But hardly worth speculating on before we see who we sign, otherwise the season is a write-off anyway.

Rooney24

So Liverpool play 9th August.
Chelsea play us 11th August

And they both play each other in the UEFA super cup in Istanbul on 14th August.

Cos thats fair.

Eddy_JukeZ

Losing to a Chelsea side without Hazard and maybe Lampard as manager to start the season would be awful.

It'd be nice if we could get off a good start. Only time we've done so recently was in 2017-2018.

Eddy_JukeZ

So Liverpool play 9th August.
Chelsea play us 11th August

And they both play each other in the UEFA super cup in Istanbul on 14th August.

Cos thats fair.
The FA don't care about Premier League teams playing abroad.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The FA don't care about Premier League teams playing abroad.
But apparently UEFA don't care about PL teams either, it's a joke that it takes place when the season is already started. Should be held beforehand.

We should send our U21 to Istanbul for all I care.

Eddy_JukeZ

But apparently UEFA don't care about PL teams either, it's a joke that it takes place when the season is already started. Should be held beforehand.
Why would they care when the country's FA doesn't?

Not disagreeing either.

Eddy_JukeZ

Unless my memory deceives me, the last time we opened our season against the 'big 4' was in 2004 against Jose's Chelsea at the Bridge.

Really long time ago.

Rooney24

Unless my memory deceives me, the last time we opened our season against the 'big 4' was in 2004 against Jose's Chelsea at the Bridge.

Really long time ago.
Depends on what you define as the big 4 these days.

In 15/16 we opened against Spurs.

SteveW

Jesus. The tough run of games continues. Hopefilly Ed takes note and gets our business done quickly so they can have the best possible preparation.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

We should send our U21 to Istanbul for all I care.
It's the PL who choose to start their season beforehand. UEFA and FIFA schedules are planned out far in advance, so you can actually plan holidays around international weeks and the like.

stu_1992

Tough start, though it would be a nice boost to beat Chelsea at home. Most of our tough games are nicely spread out, albeit with a few exceptions.

Last two months of the season look like a good chance to get a good run going and finish strongly so hopefully that does us good in the race for top 4.

dove

I prefer playing good teams early as they shouldn't be in a good form so we have a chance. During the season they get better and we don't.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'd rather play Chelsea early, whilst they shit their bricks due to lack of Eden Hazard. Wolves will be tough, but these are the kind of games that are tough any time of the season.

izec

It is fine. The only thing that sucks is that we play our rivals at home mostly in the first half of the season.

charlenefan

For anyone who uses google calendar and likes this sort of thing - United's calendar has got the matches in, along with the confirmed pre-season games. You can add it your diary at: http://calendar.manutd.com/
Mine shows the pre season games but hasn't yet updated from last season to show next seasons games

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Bournemouth A Palace H Leicester H Chelsea A

Happy with that start. Was expecting to face some of the big boys

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The winter break seems nice...but on the other hand, the total amount of fixtures remains the same. So other periods are gonna include more fixtures to make up for the winter break.

Shalashaska

The truly depressing thing about the Chelsea game is that despite the fact they can't sign any players, and that we have been linked with every transfer under the sun and talking up a complete squad overhaul; the United starting XI is far easier to predict what it will be on the 11th August than the Chelsea XI.

Players like Jones and Young will be stinking up our defence, whilst Chelsea have a million combinations of players to experiment and test their PL potential, and probably under a new manager.

Kante will show us yet again why we should have prioritised getting him by showing up an aged Matic lumbering around the pitch.

Pogba will strut around like he is the king, play one amazing pass for the fanboy show-reel but otherwise have no impact on the play.

Lukaku will be suffocated by their defence and our lack of attacking support, but be accused of not taking chances.

Ole will say we need to improve

Rinse and repeat for every game for the rest of the season, and we will again be talking about Quinton Fortune and Kleberson becoming DOFs and Technical directors because they "know the club".