Premier League Game week 5

Armchair Manager

Supports
Northampton
I wouldn't argue that Klopp's training techniques have had a positive effect on his players general good fitness, but some injuries (most in fact) are beyond your control. Liverpool have been incredibly fortunate in that department.

Well most of injuries are due to fatigue build up. Klopp takes 2 mid season breaks every season. Their medical department take blood samples at start of the week abd end of the week based on which intensity is decided. He never rushes his players into matches be it salah, mane, firmino, vvd or oxlade. He always slowly integrate player back in team after lengthy injury.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
This thread has gone well :lol: It's clear to me United fans are not enjoying City losing as much as they should because it naturally lets Liverpool in for the title. City have already won the league, came from oil money and were not our biggest rivals before 2008 anyway, so of course in the Hobson's choice of them or Liverpool for the league it's City every time.

On a happier note I've just seen Tomori's opener for Chelsea, oh my Lord what a strike.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Would be nice to see Arse drop points today. Need this team to be taken a peg down. Their fans are the most unbearable in the league.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
You had Kompany back then.

THIS is what duo of Stones/Otamendi are gonna do together.
Kompany made 16 PL starts in 2017/18. Half of them came after we'd sewn up the title in December, two of them came after we'd confirmed it. Stones and Otamendi were our CB partnership between the start of the season and Christmas, by which point we were 11 points clear. They looked horrendous yesterday but they've not started as a CB pair since May 2018 - I'm sure they'll get better with more minutes together.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Would be nice to see Arse drop points today. Need this team to be taken a peg down. Their fans are the most unbearable in the league.
I can think of at least on set of fans that are worse.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was just about to type a post saying can't believe DCL is starting as their central striker again and he scores. :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
That defending is piss poor. One Everton striker surrounded by 5 Bournemouth players...

Nick7

Equaliser. Good cross.

Calvert-Lewin definitely fouled the defender though.

Idxomer

I never understood why a striker could climb over the defender like that and it's not called a foul.

Zoo

Someone start a Calvert-Lewin vs Rashford thread.

Sylar

That defending is piss poor. One Everton striker surrounded by 5 Bournemouth players...
At the same time it was a great cross and DCL did use leverage to get above the guy otherwise the defender probably nudges him out from getting it

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Everton levels with City on 3rd if they win this. Amazing how Marco Silva has turned this team around. That being said, I think they would drop points in this game.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
I really do not rate Eddie Howe as a manager, he just can’t set up a defence. He should be questioned more imo, it’s not like they don’t spend money either.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Everton levels with City on 3rd if they win this. Amazing how Marco Silva has turned this team around. That being said, I think they would drop points in this game.
They should be in contention for top 6, they've spent about 300m since 2017!

Obviously lots of that on wrong type of player but they're not some minnow. Would only go back to the level they were for many many years under David Moyes and that first season under Martinez.