Premier League Game week 5

opopop

Ha and here I was betting on 2 goals in this game.

Formals you idiot

TheReligion

Abusive
What do people think of Haller so far this season?

When we were linked with him I did my research (aka YouTube and wikipedia lol) and came to the conclusion that I really wanted us to sign him. Found the prospect a lot more exciting than Dembele and Ben Yedder.

How do people reckon he's done so far for west ham? From what I've seen so far this season I'm impressed.
Never heard United were in for him

prateik

Was there a VAR check after the whistle?
I have no idea what the rules are anymore..

Also.. Grealish has plenty of skill.. Makes a lot of weird choices.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I didn't watch a single second of this game but I can almost feel how boring it was.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Neither of the incidents were penalties. They probably checked them whilst the remaining minute was being played.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral

What do people mean by VAR check after the whistle? You do understand the referees in the cameras have instant replays, they don't need to wait for a dead ball?

Obviously not clear errors, they just said to Mike Dean he could whistle the end of the match.

I really don't understand why people are so confused with VAR. Its crystal clear to me.

Ask away if you have any questions..

Okey

Poor game. Just watch them raise their game for us next. We should be putting them away easily though, judging from this. Diop would make a nice swap with Lindelof methinks. I wonder if they'd bite? Nice London life as selling point for Victor...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Incredible low level by supposed professional players. So many brain-dead players, crazy they made it to the top level.
There were about six South American players on the pitch at some point.;)

For a 0-0 I thought it was decent. Thought we handled the dangerous West Ham front 4 well (Anderson impressed me quite a bit with his tracking back which I felt was a weakness last season) but our game simply went to pot once West Ham went down to ten. They used all their experience well to slow down the clock and keep the ball and looked as likely to score as we did.

The weakness remains the front three and we hardly have any options beyond that. Pretty bizarre to be so short of attacking options already when we spent 100m + in the windown. Still two clean sheets v Everton and West Ham is the positive.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It's actually Aaron Cresswell.

Have to say considering Zabaleta is 35 he put in a great shift for them bombing out and down the left wing for the last 25 minutes. Those are the times you need top level experience in your team.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I've always liked the look of him. I think, for England, he could end up being a better option than Rice as the deepest midfielder depending on how he comes back from his injury.
He looks like the raw version of Frenkie De Jong. Despite both are on the same age, one has developed greatly while the other hasn’t due to injury. But the talent is there. He could be De Jong or the next Wilshere if he doesn’t developed properly.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
There were about six South American players on the pitch at some point.;)

For a 0-0 I thought it was decent. Thought we handled the dangerous West Ham front 4 well (Anderson impressed me quite a bit with his tracking back which I felt was a weakness last season) but our game simply went to pot once West Ham went down to ten. They used all their experience well to slow down the clock and keep the ball and looked as likely to score as we did.

The weakness remains the front three and we hardly have any options beyond that. Pretty bizarre to be so short of attacking options already when we spent 100m + in the windown. Still two clean sheets v Everton and West Ham is the positive.
Aston Villa number 10 had me like :eek::houllier::mad:. Nice technique to carry the ball forward on an empty midfield, but whenever it was time to pass the ball, he would pass it back to the closest opposition player.

The same happened for both teams (only watched the second half). So many good counter attacks botched as soon as the attacking team got closer to the opposition area, not even under pressure.

Maybe it was just a weird game.:confused:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's not always like that...but yes we completely went to pot trying to attempt to break down 10 men. When that happens you move the ball out wide and play quick one twos to get more space. Grealish and everyone else seemed content just to run into the middle and try to beat 5-6 of the central West Ham players for some reason.

I know from your previous posts you're South American...how highly do you rate Lanzini and Felipe Anderson? They're good players and I was looking forward to watching both live but thought they were comfortably nulified tonight. Haller has something about him though, held the ball up well when they went down to 10 men.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I know from your previous posts you're South American...how highly do you rate Lanzini and Felipe Anderson? They're good players and I was looking forward to watching both live but thought they were comfortably nulified tonight. Haller has something about him though, held the ball up well when they went down to 10 men.
Can't give you a proper opinion as I don't watch much football any more outside of United. Never rated Anderson that highly though. When he was in Italy he had big hype behind him, but I remember thinking he is too inconsistent to make it at a top level club. Last season he was decent enough. If I were a WHU supporter, would expect big things from him this season.

Lanzini looked lively, some nice dribbles today, maybe a bit too lightweight. His passing wasn't very incisive but at least he wasn't raffling it.

Haller was the big guy up top? Might be first time I've seen him play, but yeah, he was very good.

West Ham has a very interesting team on paper, but I'm yet to see them play to their full potential. I was expecting Pellegrini to have a much better oiled machine by now. (As I said before, maybe it was a weird match. The international break might have something to do with it)

prateik

What do people mean by VAR check after the whistle? You do understand the referees in the cameras have instant replays, they don't need to wait for a dead ball?

Obviously not clear errors, they just said to Mike Dean he could whistle the end of the match.

I really don't understand why people are so confused with VAR. Its crystal clear to me.

Ask away if you have any questions..
Not just talking about last night.. Any other game..
So what if its a case of asking the referee to review it. Don't they have to wait for the ball to be dead before that? You cant stop a game or an attack and tell the referee to go look at the replay.

The ball hadn't gone out of play for a couple of minutes before the final whistle. It was end to end.. both teams attacking.. Does the ref blow for FT and then have a look? Does he let it go on waiting for the ball to go out? What if the opposition scores in that time?

Varun

Staff
What do people think of Haller so far this season?

When we were linked with him I did my research (aka YouTube and wikipedia lol) and came to the conclusion that I really wanted us to sign him. Found the prospect a lot more exciting than Dembele and Ben Yedder.

How do people reckon he's done so far for west ham? From what I've seen so far this season I'm impressed.
Think he's quality. Technically very good, strength to hold up the ball and puts in a shift. Reminds me of Zlatan in the way he plays. Style mind, not quality.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Not just talking about last night.. Any other game..
So what if its a case of asking the referee to review it. Don't they have to wait for the ball to be dead before that? You cant stop a game or an attack and tell the referee to go look at the replay.

The ball hadn't gone out of play for a couple of minutes before the final whistle. It was end to end.. both teams attacking.. Does the ref blow for FT and then have a look? Does he let it go on waiting for the ball to go out? What if the opposition scores in that time?
He cannot review after the game is over obviously. So if a clear mistake happened, the VAR team would have an instant look at it and tell in his ears to not end the game before reviewing the play.