g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 1 (9th, 10th, 11th August)

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm all for enforcing this rule against the goal keepers. Specifically happy because Dave never leaves his line:D

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Already bored of the premier League. City have won their last 15 pl games . Conceded 3 goals in the last 14 games . Fact that Liverpool are the one team that can compete with them is even more depressing
They win the domestic treble and still spend over 100m+ on players. And we've reached such a fecked up point that this is considered a quieter than usual window for them and nothing really of note, despite them being one of the biggest spenders again.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That has to be a foul in the build up and disallowed surely?

DRM

wow City and Liverpool really are in a league of their own.

AC1689

Penalties are easy to score, if taken well. The sort of encroachment we regularly saw was never enough to change this fact. Retaking penalties for minor infringements like this is just so stupid. Aguero hit a shit pen and got away with it, thanks purely to VAR. Fecking daft.
So had Aguero scored, but VAR had seen that Aguero had in fact stopped during his run up, but just looked like a slow stagger on first viewing, you would not welcome VAR disallowing that goal due to the rule break?

It’s not daft in the slightest. You just don’t like it for some bizarre reason. In fact, I’m pretty sure there’d be no complaints had this been one of ours.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sterling is quality. Also always seems to have great starts to the season.
Penalties are easy to score, if taken well. The sort of encroachment we regularly saw was never enough to change this fact. Retaking penalties for minor infringements like this is just so stupid. Aguero hit a shit pen and got away with it, thanks purely to VAR. Fecking daft.
They are, but goalkeepers would close the angle down so much and be a couple of feet off of their lines, it was ridiculous. Same with other players encroaching and being level with the penalty taker by the time they actually kick the ball. It's going to look incredibly daft and especially as it only comes into effect once the penalty is missed initially, but it won't be long til the players stop doing that and VAR just gets less involved.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Like feck it has.
The game was fecking dire up until the VAR decision. You could have been excused for thinking it was being played behind closed doors. The disallowed goal was the first time we actually heard any emotion from the crowd whatsoever.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Glad I put Sterling in my team.

I think he’ll be in the running for POTY.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I just knew they would get 5 today after us last night. Same shit as last season, anything we do before they do better after. Setting the pace for GD already.