Premier League Gameweek 1 (9th, 10th, 11th August)

Gasolin

Poch is trying to bring his player! Eriksen! Hope he’s distracted by his will to leave and doesn’t really give one, that would be hilarious for all the Poch fans.

paulblart

I really like Grealish, always have. If he ever were to move I'd love him here.

fps

The league's already over, don't you know??

Come on the Villa, hang on in there!
Limited, playing with a lot of spirit.

Presumably Lo Celso is the Eriksen replacement if the latter leaves? I don't know a great deal about him. But not on the bench?

Motorman

Disnt sissoko just run straight into Mcginn?

What is VAR for? I dont get it.

Surely VAR shouldnt be a judgement, it should be as close to fact as possible, i.e. kicking someones legs in the box without touching the ball at all is a pen.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Villa will be a handful for any time they play

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Limited, playing with a lot of spirit.

Presumably Lo Celso is the Eriksen replacement if the latter leaves? I don't know a great deal about him. But not on the bench?
He's only been in the country two days, probably hasn't even got international clearance to play or work permit.

Needham

Glad to see Villa not starting off the obvious comedy fail side for the season. Would like to see a traditional big club up and competing.

Anustart89

Because the attacker crashes into the defender
Attacker is carrying the ball and takes a touch inside the pitch, at which point the defender jumps on his back due to the sudden change of direction and makes him lose his balance.

prateik

Son, Eriksen, Alli.. all starters for Spurs not on the pitch.. No wonder they look unimpressive.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
He missed the ball takes the player out, easy foul call
:lol: Hardly. McGinn controlled it, overbalanced and clattered with the spurs player. He wasn't taken out by the defender.

The fact that it didn't go to VAR and that McGinn just got up and went back into position suggests that perhaps it's not a penalty.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
:lol: Hardly. McGinn controlled it, overbalanced and clattered with the spurs player. He wasn't taken out by the defender.

The fact that it didn't go to VAR and that McGinn just got up and went back into position suggests that perhaps it's not a penalty.
Watch it again, McGinn was on the turn and Sanchez clatters him

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Jota. :drool:

Not the worst change in the world, we at least need to attempt some ball retention this half.

Anustart89

Bet your houses on Heaton getting a yellow card but no earlier than the 85th minute so the referee doesn’t have to make a tough decision.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Jota. :drool:

Not the worst change in the world, we at least need to attempt some ball retention this half.
I think you're doing fine. For all their possession, Spurs aren't creating chances.

Been really impressed with Villa today, I think they're gonna be a handful for anyone this year despite how this game ends. Grealish especially.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Just tuned in, how has ndombele been playing?
He's been widely written off after 60 minutes of playing time. Pretty unfair. Hes been one of the better Spurs players (but thats not hard). Some nice through balls here and there, thats about it.

marktan

Villa play like a budget version of Wolves. They even have a guy called Jota.