Premier League Gameweek 1 (9th, 10th, 11th August)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Has Emery done anything different to Wenger in terms of how Arsenal play? I can’t really see any difference.

Definitely some changes. They try and play it more out from the back than they did late-era Wenger and I'd say they have significantly more 'bite' in midfield, especially when Torreira is available. They're also a higher pressing team than they were under Wenger, where a lot of the time it was mostly passive possession play.

Otherwise, at the end of the day we're still seeing a mostly Wenger side. You can see the signs of how Emery wants his team to play but they haven't always got the personnel to pull it off, particularly when they're missing so many players like they are today. Think we'll start to see Emery's vision take a more solid shape when the new signings come in, players that he himself has picked out for his style. Guys like Tierney and Luiz in particular will really help them building from the back.

Shark

@NotShark
This is the worst side of football. Two fixtures with relatively attacking teams, both 0-0 at half time.

Nick7

Do Arsenal have a back up right back?
edit: Bellerin.. forgot.
Jesus I forgot about him too. Remember a couple of years back when people were saying he's the best rb in the league hahah
He looks out of his depth. At home. Against a second string Arsenal. The cheek of Newcastle.
Looks like a player coming off an injury and thrown into a game against a top 6 side to be fair to him.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't think I've heard Longstaff's name more than once in 45 mins.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Newcastle Vs Arsenal has been a poor game. The amount of cheap turnovers in midfield has been shocking. With the quality Arsenal have they should, eventually, stop making silly mistakes and capitalise on Newcastle's. So far it's been fire though.

PS) Longstaff doesn't look a £50m player right now

Nick7

Two absolutely shite matches. Jota falling over the ball when a defender came near him was the most exciting thing so far.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Actually been very sloppy on the ball.
Very poor. Sloppy passing. Seems to be playing in a slightly more advanced position.
As soon as I posted that comment I clicked back to Sky Go and he gave the ball away :lol:

Cursed him.

Did notice as you said @IrishRedDevil that he's not the deepest player, Shelvey seems to be the one coming to get the ball from the defenders.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Arsenal are shite. Think it'll be the same as last year and it'll be a case of one of us, them and Chelsea stumbling their way into top four.

Ace of Spades

They miss Torreira who gives them a bit more bite in midfield. Right now they are being a bit passive. Also, just very bizzare that none of their new signings are playing.