20:00 United vs Wolves (Sky)

Last edited:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Arsenal vs Forest looks dynamite.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It's good to be back!

I'm going for an early upset with City and Burnley drawing. Although that could just be the new season giddiness talking.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Friday 11 August
20:00 Burnley vs Man City (Sky)

Saturday 12 August
12:30 Arsenal vs Forest (TNT)
15:00 Bournemouth vs West Ham
15:00 Brighton vs Luton
15:00 Everton vs Fulham
15:00 Sheffield United vs Crystal Palace
17:30 Newcastle vs Aston Villa (Sky)

Sunday 13 August
14:00 Brentford vs Tottenham (Sky)
16:30 Chelsea vs Liverpool (Sky)

Monday 14 August
20:00 United vs Wolves (Sky)
You're eager. :)

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Except Chelsea - Pool, has there been a more underwhelming opening round?
I think there's a few interesting matches this weekend. Kompany's Burnley vs City, have a feeling we'll see plenty of goals at Brighton, Newcastle vs Villa could be a cracking match and you never know what's going to happen in the Brentford vs Spurs match. Judging by Spurs' pre-season it could be a 4-4 thriller or something.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Except Chelsea - Pool, has there been a more underwhelming opening round?
Brighton v Luton will be interesting to watch, mainly because Brighton are brilliant and Luton are newcomers.

Newcastle v Villa is a great game on paper.

Also looking forward to seeing what Spurs look like in a real game.

Borninthe80ts

I think they should all be interesting just because of new additions and there’s going to be a few teams surprising folks I think. Just hoping for goals before teams start to become defensive and boring!

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Arsenal with the most nailed on 3 points of the weekend there.

Tbf, United ought to be the next most nailed on 3 points.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Injury list:

Burnley
- Michael Obafemi (ruled out)
Man City - Nathan Aké (doubtful)

Arsenal - Gabriel Jesus (ruled out), Oleksandr Zinchenko (ruled out), Albert Sambi Lokonga (doubtful), Reiss Nelson (doubtful), Folarin Balogun (doubtful)
Forest - Omar Richards (doubtful), Wayne Hennessey (ruled out), Felipe (doubtful), Moussa Niakhaté (doubtful), Taiwo Awoniyi (doubtful)

Bournemouth - Marcus Tavernier (ruled out), Antoine Semenyo (doubtful), Lloyd Kelly (doubtful), Adam Smith (doubtful), Ryan Fredericks (doubtful)
West Ham - Lucas Paquetá (doubtful)

Brighton - Moisés Caicedo (doubtful)
Luton - Reece Burke (ruled out), Gabriel Osho (ruled out), Dan Potts (ruled out), Jordan Clark (ruled out)

Everton - Dele Alli (ruled out), Dwight McNeil (ruled out), Seamus Coleman (ruled out), James Tarkowski (doubtful), Arnaut Danjuma (doubtful)
Fulham - João Palhinha (ruled out), Tom Cairney (doubtful)

Sheffield United - John Fleck (ruled out), Rhian Brewster (doubtful), Ismaila Coulibaly (ruled out), Jayden Bogle (ruled out), Oliver Norwood (doubtful), Daniel Jebbison (doubtful), Oliver McBurnie (doubtful), Rhys Norrington-Davies (ruled out)
Crystal Palace - Michael Olise (ruled out), Tyrick Mitchell (doubtful), Will Hughes (doubtful), Matheus França (ruled out)

Newcastle - Emil Krafth (ruled out), Javier Manquillo (doubtful), Joe Willock (doubtful), Fabian Schär (doubtful)
Aston Villa - Jacob Ramsey (ruled out), Álex Moreno (ruled out)

Brentford - Ivan Toney (ruled out), Bryan Mbeumo (doubtful), Frank Onyeka (doubtful), Christian Nørgaard (doubtful)
Tottenham - Ryan Sessegnon (ruled out), Bryan Gil (ruled out), Rodrigo Bentancur (ruled out), Fraser Forster (doubtful), Alfie Whiteman (ruled out)

Chelsea - Christopher Nkunku (ruled out), Benoît Badiashile (doubtful), Armando Broja (doubtful), Noni Madueke (doubtful), Wesley Fofana (ruled out), Marcus Bettinelli (doubtful)
Liverpool - Thiago Alcântara (doubtful), Stefan Bajčetić (doubtful)

United - Anthony Martial (doubtful), Tyrell Malacia (ruled out), Rasmus Højlund (doubtful), Amad (ruled out), Kobbie Mainoo (ruled out), Dean Henderson (doubtful), Tom Heaton (ruled out)
Wolves - N/A

Last edited:

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
We’re going to get battered. Awoniyi and two first choice CB’s out. A GK signed yesterday on top an indifferent pre-season where we tried playing a high press and attacking football and didn’t look very good at it. Our season starts in September.

Woodzy

This off season feels like it has gone so quickly. Maybe I’m just falling out of love with football but in the past I’m usually tearing my hair out while I waiting for the season to start. Atm I couldn’t really give a shit. I’m sure that will change on Monday.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
feels like years ago but City started last season with a loss
And Fulham fecked us in the first game of last season. :mad: These 'smaller' clubs always start with a bang so expect plenty of energy and surprises.

JuriM

This off season feels like it has gone so quickly. Maybe I’m just falling out of love with football but in the past I’m usually tearing my hair out while I waiting for the season to start. Atm I couldn’t really give a shit. I’m sure that will change on Monday.
It seems like so, maybe because the International break was until the end of June basically and that left so tiny break after and now CL pre rounds have been on for weeks already.

Nicolarra90

Wolves and then spurs will be my first two games ever watching united live, after 20 years following the club.

I'm very excited. Hopefully we get at least 4 points or I'll be pissed in my vacations :lol:

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
Come on Burnley, do something magnificent and start the season in style.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Anyone fancy Burnley get a draw here or we thinking a city pasting? City do usually start the season slower and get better as the season goes.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Anyone fancy Burnley get a draw here or we thinking a city pasting? City do usually start the season slower and get better as the season goes.
We were miles off it against Arsenal and are well undercooked according to Pep. Burnley are back in training since before we played the CL final. It could be a much closer tie than people expect.

Nicolarra90

I've lost that hope. Whether they win, draw or lose I know that until guardiola is still there they will win 70/80% of the leagues they play.

It is what it is.

Devil You Know

We were miles off it against Arsenal and are well undercooked according to Pep. Burnley are back in training since before we played the CL final. It could be a much closer tie than people expect.
Nah, you barely even need to turn up. City could beat Burnley with only 8 men. You've got this in the bag.

DJ_21

You usually leather Burnley though. If your players are up for it then it’s game over at halve time.

Dazzmondo

As exciting as a Burnley win would be I feel like they're going to get absolutely smashed by City.

rajds89

That’s got to be close to £300m worth of player on the City bench. You’ve got to hand it to Pep, he’s doing such a great job on a shoe string.

DJ_21

City’s bench doesn’t look as good as it did when they had Mahrez and Gundogan for some reason. I mean they’ve still got grealish on the bench and that palmer looks decent but that’s about it. They’ve still got like over 300m on there but it’s mainly defenders.

Dazzmondo

Who generally gets Burnley's goals? Don't know either of the strikers

Devil You Know

City will never win anything with a player like Kalvin Phillips on the bench. That would be like United having McTominay on the bench.

Oh, wait.