Premier League Gameweek 1

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Was looking forward to watching United this season but this is an awful game so far.

TopDog

Supports
Bolton
Surprising first half by Man Utd. Garnacho just dropped a legitimate 0/10 first half. He was absolutely woeful, ETH won't put up with that for much longer. If not hooked at HT he will get another 15 tops. When I read on here from some that he was already better than Gabriel Martinelli I was expecting big things. Mount poor too, you could say first game etc, but Maddison ran the show on his debut in a worse Spurs side the other day.

Utd will improve and get the 3 points in the end, but I expected better given that Wolves are terrible and will be 15th at best come seasons end. Wolves needed to take their chances.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Was looking forward to watching United this season but this is an awful game so far.
I know it's an August Monday night but the crowd sounds completely dead too, it's weird

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Surprising first half by Man Utd. Garnacho just dropped a legitimate 0/10 first half. He was absolutely woeful, ETH won't put up with that for much longer. If not hooked at HT he will get another 15 tops. When I read on here from some that he was already better than Gabriel Martinelli I was expecting big things. Mount poor too, you could say first game etc, but Maddison ran the show on his debut in a worse Spurs side the other day.

Utd will improve and get the 3 points in the end, but I expected better given that Wolves are terrible and will be 15th at best come seasons end. Wolves needed to take their chances.
Man Utd will probably score and win the game, everything will be fine. It is just first game of the season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Wolves should be a couple of goals up here. Very flat performances from United.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I have never seen a midfield so easily parted as this Utd. And I've seen Liverpool's midfield regularly. Feck me I wish I was playing against them right now .

TopDog

Supports
Bolton
There it is, the most undeserved lead you will find, but that is typical of football.

I will be astonished if Man Utd are not on the end of some batterings again this season like last, they are just way too open.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
That goal was always coming when Wolves didn't score three beforehand. But boy I can't wait for Liverpool to play Utd again. :drool:

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Maguire to come on to protect lead?

Must be shitting himself on the bench for the crowd reaction

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Big shock a clear penalty is not even going to be checked at Old Trafford. :lol: :lol:

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Any other stadium and that’s a stonewall penalty. Unbelievable that the ref wasn’t even asked to check that.

That is astonishing.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That’s an awful decision. Onana wiped him out.

I’ve seen a couple this weekend that have been head scratchers as to why VAR wouldn’t overturn. So much inconsistency.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Any other stadium and that’s a stonewall penalty. Unbelievable that the ref wasn’t even asked to check that.

That is astonishing.
Utd fans love to believe the refs are against them. Remember the season with their record breaking 14 penalties awarded in one season? Unprecedented.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Ridiculous decision to not give a pen and help one of our relegation rivals to 3 points.

Anustart89

That’s an awful decision. Onana wiped him out.

I’ve seen a couple this weekend that have been head scratchers as to why VAR wouldn’t overturn. So much inconsistency.
Consistent in its ability to constantly baffle.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Man. United rode a huge amount of luck there, worrying lack of intensity which never bodes well after a pre season.

Think Spurs will turn them over if they don't improve on that, not sure there's enough balance in the midfield if Mount is going to play there instead of Eriksen who's more of a natural sitter.

Probably similar season for Wolves as last, interested how they do when Kalazjzic is fit enough to start.

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
He headed the ball (to nowhere) before Onana made contact. No penalty.
Isnt that just a late challenge then? I mean he was going for a block of some kind it seems but instead nearly pulled off a double clothes line wwe style :lol:

For me a clear pen but fecked if i actually know the rules anymore.