g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 1

cyberman

No, people just wanted Pogba to play that way more than "sometimes." The problem was always that he delivered every five games or so and was useless the rest of the time.
I disagree. He would play like that then get shit on for not doing Matics job tracking back
Look at the lack of criticism for his work rate as a DM last season

hobbers

Biggest take away from today is that Sturridge is the worst pundit we’ve ever seen

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Nunez is some flop. Never gets called out in the media.
Horrible. Benfica laughing all the way to the bank.

And it isn't over yet. Benfica going to the bank again after selling Ramos for close to 80 million. PSG thinking they got the new Pauleta, unfortunately for them it's the new Postiga.

Superunknown

I think we're in for a low scoring Premier League season. There's such a lack of top quality strikers and goal scorers.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Depends on what the expectation is. Usually after a dreadful season like theirs, everything decent is seen as a plus. But given the absurd spending over the past two years I wonder if their fans expect top 4 or it’s seen as an achievement.
We will be alright. It's first game for many in our shirt that too against liverpool. We will be in cl spot and won't be seen as achievement. We will do well in cups too in my opinion.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Hes very highly rated and we need a right back, I assume that’s where the sentiment comes from. Although he was bought in the winter
We have two right backs. Neither of which desperately need replacing, as much as I don't particularly rate Dalot, he's not completely useless.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We will be alright. It's first game for many in our shirt that too against liverpool. We will be in cl spot and won't be seen as achievement. We will do well in cups too in my opinion.
I fancy ourselves, Liverpool and Newcastle ahead of Chelsea.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He missed chances but he was a complete handful for van dyke and konate he basically bullied them both
There wasn’t really any bullying. He held the ball up decently but didn’t do much of note.

Superunknown

That's an interesting and valid point.
Just from watching Match of the Day yesterday, the Everton-Fulham game was an eye-opener. The quality of the finishing was so poor. It was diabolical. Similar story in the Sheffield United and Palace game. Similar-ish in the Bournemouth game against West Ham, although I think Dom Solanke will do well for them this season.

If you discount City and Haaland, there is such a lack of striking prowess. I can see Isak doing well for Newcastle this season. I'm hoping Rashford has another great season for us. Once you look beyond that, it's all of these attacking midfielders/inverted winners/number 10s who I think will be popping up with the goals. I'd struggle to name you 5 quality Premier League strikers right now.

It's something that's really bugging me at the moment. Where have all of the strikers gone?!

Andersons Dietician

He wasn’t very well good today
He bullied two of the biggest and most physical defenders in the league playing up top by himself. He maybe didn’t score but I think you’d be hard pressed to find a manager that wasn’t happy with what he showed today. Had good movement on top of that.

The Mitcher

He bullied two of the biggest and most physical defenders in the league playing up top by himself. He maybe didn’t score but I think you’d be hard pressed to find a manager that wasn’t happy with what he showed today. Had good movement on top of that.
He didn't bully them at all, he just outpaced them and then proceeded to kill every Chelsea attack that went through him.

Andersons Dietician

He didn't bully them at all, he just outpaced them and then proceeded to kill every Chelsea attack that went through him.
So when he spun and held off Konaté and managed to hold him off whilst running with the ball that isn’t bullying him? Ok cool, I’ll take your opinion on that and Chuck it in the bin where it belongs.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
We spent the summer building a particular chemistry and Nkunku’s injury has thrown that off a bit, but I still think it was a pretty good first showing. This was the first competitive game together for a lot of these guys. I thought Maatsen was run through on that final pull back. Allison did really well or Mudryk would have been around for a tap in. I still think Jackson’s going to be good.

I felt good about where we are overall.

The Mitcher

So when he spun and held off Konaté and managed to hold him off whilst running with the ball that isn’t bullying him? Ok cool, I’ll take your opinion on that and Chuck it in the bin where it belongs.
No, it's a good bit of skill. Bullying is what Zlatan did.

criticalanalysis

Did we watch a different game? He missed a sitter but his overall play was very dangerous and that run to put it on a plate for Mudryk was absurd. He has a really nice blend of physical and technical ability b
Yeah agreed. Whether that translates to goals or other productivity is another matter but if he can keep this up, you'd imagine that would come with the amount of opportunities he seems to get involved in. His issue and the team's issue is that he may be the only consistent goal threat so there's that also.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Newcastle will be the revelation for this season.

sleepehead

Just from watching Match of the Day yesterday, the Everton-Fulham game was an eye-opener. The quality of the finishing was so poor. It was diabolical. Similar story in the Sheffield United and Palace game. Similar-ish in the Bournemouth game against West Ham, although I think Dom Solanke will do well for them this season.

If you discount City and Haaland, there is such a lack of striking prowess. I can see Isak doing well for Newcastle this season. I'm hoping Rashford has another great season for us. Once you look beyond that, it's all of these attacking midfielders/inverted winners/number 10s who I think will be popping up with the goals. I'd struggle to name you 5 quality Premier League strikers right now.

It's something that's really bugging me at the moment. Where have all of the strikers gone?!
Out on the wings as inverted wingers. Honestly I think a lot of teams have moved younger players to the wings and it created this problem of now teams are lacking a true out and out striker. Teams have also started to target strikers who can do it all which has made the pool to choose from even harder. So instead of training guys to be true 9's teams have shifted away from there not realizing they've created a new problem in the future.