g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 1

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I can see there being a tight battle for top 8 and for bottom 8 again.
It feels like every year we feel things are going to be more competitive. But again for top four I reckon it’ll be United, Liverpool and Newcastle with Chelsea probably struggling for cohesion and Spurs being, well, Spurs.

Someone

Something
Chelsea edged it and should've won. Think they'll do better than expected, specially when they're looking to add more players. Liverpool not impressive at all.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Why? I think it's a pretty apt (though maybe slightly harsh) comparison.
Rashford can finish, he scored 30 goals last season, and the two seasons before his bad season 20 each. Also, his decision making may not be perfect, but he's not a stupid footballer. Stupid take.

Nero

New season, same mentally unhinged Klopp. Chest-beating clown.

Woodenlung

Enzo Fernandez is, unfortunately, brilliant.

If Pochettino can find the right midfield partner for him, he'll dominate the entire league.

TsuWave

Jackson will prove to be a really good buy - guy went pace and power vs VVD and Konate all game

amolbhatia50k

Chelsea edged it and should've won. Think they'll do better than expected, specially when they're looking to add more players. Liverpool not impressive at all.
Depends on what the expectation is. Usually after a dreadful season like theirs, everything decent is seen as a plus. But given the absurd spending over the past two years I wonder if their fans expect top 4 or it’s seen as an achievement.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He plays like how we all wanted Pogba to play like
Pogba did play that way, sometimes. It was just people wanted Pogba to play like that and like some sort of no.10 maestro.

Oranges038

Liverpool need 2 midfielders and at least 1 defender. That midfield will see them struggling all season. Nunez is such a donkey, he'll not score many goals.

Chelsea need a few attacking players with brains. Too many speed merchants who don't know how to use the ball.

Dazzmondo

Points dropped for Chelsea imo. Think they were far better than Liverpool but just couldn't get the goals to kill it off. Already obvious they're a much better side than last season. What I saw from Liverpool reaffirmed what I already thought, they're being majorly overrated this season and still have areas in defence and midfield they need to address. Hoping we beat Wolves convincingly tomorrow. Enjoyable opening weekend games

SAFMUTD

It feels like every year we feel things are going to be more competitive. But again for top four I reckon it’ll be United, Liverpool and Newcastle with Chelsea probably struggling for cohesion and Spurs being, well, Spurs.
No arsenal?

always_hoping

Two sides happy with the draw and a bit of a snooze fest for the majority of that 2nd half with the only interesting apart was Salah getting subbed off and struggling to get the tape off his wrists. Not counting the penalty shoot out wins how many draws between these two in the last 3 or 4 years now?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Good result for us, even if it is gameweek 1.

zaafi

Tsobazlai (or however you spell it) and Mudryk are two players which were built up to be amazing on here before joining Liverpool and Chelsea. How disappointing.
Szoboszlai, like every other player that come from abroad, should be given time, but it feels inevitable. There is just nothing about him that says he is going to play a huge role for Liverpool or a game changer of any kind. Premier League is just a completely different league than Bundesliga.

Someone

Something
Depends on what the expectation is. Usually after a dreadful season like theirs, everything decent is seen as a plus. But given the absurd spending over the past two years I wonder if their fans expect top 4 or it’s seen as an achievement.
They're going for a CL spot definitely, considering you have City, United, Arsenal, Liverpool, and Newcastle all fighting for it, it's going to be an achievement finishing above any of those teams after the horror of last season. Looking at both teams today, I feel like Chelsea could end up above Liverpool if they sort out their issues.

amolbhatia50k

Enzo Fernandez is, unfortunately, brilliant.

If Pochettino can find the right midfield partner for him, he'll dominate the entire league.
He doesn’t need to find anyone - the club already has. Enzo mand Caicedo has some potential as a midfield duo. I’d love for us to have one future CM star let alone two.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Chelsea really needs Reece-James to stay healthy, the quality drop when Malo Gusto replaced him was massive. That makes getting Caicedo a lot more important.
Gallagher surprised me he had a great game.
Liverpool definitely needs a DM.

Dansk

Pogba did play that way, sometimes. It was just people wanted Pogba to play like that and like some sort of no.10 maestro.
No, people just wanted Pogba to play that way more than "sometimes." The problem was always that he delivered every five games or so and was useless the rest of the time.

Nogbadthebad

Two teams that start the new season pretty much as they were the last one.

Scouse have no defensive cover, which makes their poor back 4 look even worse than they actually are, and chelsea are a bunch of strangers of varying levels of quality trying to play together.

Not sure what pool can do, but I expect chelsea to get better as the season progresses. They need a striker as badly as we did though.