Premier League Gameweek 10

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Think it much more likely Spurs will eventually lose momentum and drop points. And inevitably people will call that bottling.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Probably will get Cyber all over me again for posting but already I think Man. United's best hope of CL next year is dropping into the Europa and going all in for that. Worked that season with Mourinho when you were pretty average in the league.
We had a better side (and manager) that season. This team won't win the Europa.

Ekeke

Clearly touched the hand which helped him control it. Was still slight and didnt mean it, but if the question is did it hit the hand then yeah clearly

cj_sparky

Why can't Sky show the angle of Royal's tackle that they showed for Anderson's?

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
If it's NOT conclusive from the first angle why bother trying to find a mistake where there is none.
What kind of thinking is this?

“Yeah don’t use all the tools at your disposal to come to the correct decision. Just half ass it”

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Next to no chance they'll get anywhere close to 90 points.

That's what you need to win the premier league these days and people underestimate continually how few points dropped that is over 38 games.

70 points from this squad is excellent stuff from Ange in his debut season and that could well get them CL.
Every season's different, so you just never know.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Every season's different, so you just never know.
Generally since the Leicester miracle you've needed 90 points to win the league or that has been the standard. Chelsea went on I think an 11 match winning run under Conte and finished on 93 in the end. Then Liverpool and City had high quality duels where 2nd was in the 90s.

Last season Man. City only actually finished on 89 but they won the league with two to spare and then prioritised the cup finals.

Spurs aren't winning the league on 79 points anyway, will have to do even better than that.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Spurs normally had every excuse in the book to explain having an average season: lost their best player and top goal scorer in the summer, didn’t replace him (directly), new manager needing transition season, etc. How are they top of the league, playing with such confidence?
Because, despite what people have always thought, we were often better without Kane in the team. Not the only case of "high performing individual makes it look like he carries the team, when he actually holds it back". CL final was reached without him, and that summer he wanted to go to City (21/22), the team looked like this when we played City in the first game.

It was the same at the height of the Pochettino reign, and the Redknapp reign. I think some teams are just collectively better when there's no standout "star" player, but a team of equals.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Clear handball for me. Amusing it was awarded though. :lol:
One of those where playing it in slow-motion actually made it look better for Ayew. It was really obvious in real time, but they didn't seem to watch it that way

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Generally since the Leicester miracle you've needed 90 points to win the league or that has been the standard. Chelsea went on I think an 11 match winning run under Conte and finished on 93 in the end. Then Liverpool and City had high quality duels where 2nd was in the 90s.

Last season Man. City only actually finished on 89 but they won the league with two to spare and then prioritised the cup finals.

Spurs aren't winning the league on 79 points anyway, will have to do even better than that.
Where has this arbitrary 79 points come from??

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
I really hope Spurs can keep it up and bag the Prem this season. The least of 6 evils. Going undefeated would also be sweet too. I'll be rooting for them this season in the absence of any United hope.
You aren't serious... I don't know if you are winding us up. Imaging spurs going unbeaten, disaster.Maybe it is different if you from London

Last edited:

Blood Mage

Not a chance in hell Spurs are keeping this momentum. It's Arsenal from last season all over again. It's a fun watch though.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
5 points clear ….they couldn’t could they
No, not with that bench. VDV and Romero have been absolutely fantastic, actually Vicario as well, how the hell did VDV fly under the radar, never heard of him until he went to Spurs? Physical, good in the air, guess it helps he is 6'3 or so, and absolutely f$%&*$g rapid. At only 22, this guy could be a future superstar.

But if either get injured they have what? 1 backup CB in Dier? Who was the heart of a 3 man defence that shipped 63 goals. Likewise I would be worried about injuries to Son and Maddison. The difference between Son and Richarlison is not a drop off, it's a cliff.

Wilt

No, not with that bench. VDV and Romero have been absolutely fantastic, actually Vicario as well, how the hell did VDV fly under the radar, never heard of him until he went to Spurs? Physical, good in the air, guess it helps he is 6'3 or so, and absolutely f$%&*$g rapid. At only 22, this guy could be a future superstar.

But if either get injured they have what? 1 backup CB in Dier? Who was the heart of a 3 man defence that shipped 63 goals. Likewise I would be worried about injuries to Son and Maddison. The difference between Son and Richarlison is not a drop off, it's a cliff.
Agreed, injury to either Son or Maddison would be disastrous ….but it‘s refreshing to see someone else in the mix, with top 4 being their most realistic target.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
But if either get injured they have what? 1 backup CB in Dier?
I'd expect that Dorrington and Phillips have just as much of a shout; apparently they are highly rated by the first team staff and better suited to the playing style. I'd also expect to see Davies sooner, even though Dier is on the bench often.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Where has this arbitrary 79 points come from??
Think Leicester won it with that relatively "low" total or thereabouts.

That's the only way Spurs could feasibly win the league imo but I just don't think they'll be such a drop off from the main contenders as happened in 15/16 which the Foxes exploited memorably.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Not a chance. But we may make Top 4 and even finish above Arsenal (which is Triple Word Score).
It is not a given for Arsenal to finish higher than Spurs. I remember Spurs has been consistently finished higher than Arsenal the past 10 seasons.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Not a chance in hell Spurs are keeping this momentum. It's Arsenal from last season all over again. It's a fun watch though.
They are playing better football, and there is obvious improvement for everyone to see. Where they finish in the end doesn't matter.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You aren't serious... I don't know if you are winding us up. Imaging spurs going unbeaten, disaster.Maybe it is different if you from London
Yes, I am serious! Anything to stop those stupid Arsenal fans bleating on about that dumb 'Invincibles' tag. Watching the complete meltdown of Arsenal fans seeing Spurs win the league unbeaten would 100% be worth it.

Think Leicester won it with that relatively "low" total or thereabouts.

That's the only way Spurs could feasibly win the league imo but I just don't think they'll be such a drop off from the main contenders as happened in 15/16 which the Foxes exploited memorably.
You do realise it doesn't work like that?

AndySmith1990

Funny how Spurs are looking better without Kane, yet some still can't comprehend how we could possibly be any better without Rashford or Bruno...

Lee565

Funny how Spurs are looking better without Kane, yet some still can't comprehend how we could possibly be any better without Rashford or Bruno...
I think bruno more than rashford as we really have to accommodate bruno tactically a lot more than rashford but then again I think Antony is far stifling than the former two

GlasgowCeltic

wonder if we'll see a bit of a Dier redemption arc at some point this season now he can no longer be paired with Sanchez