Premier League Gameweek 11

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Not the best manager but top three manager in world football today. Basically, his accomplishments with Spurs has made me appreciate his managerial acumen. Only a very very few managers can do what he doesand those type of managers are written in the history books. Brendan might be on the verge of achieving something similar. It will be interesting to see how far Brendan can take leceister in a five year span.

His high pressing, aggressive, and possession based approach of his early spurs team produce some memorable football. It is fun watching watching a good manager overachieve with a team. I have seen what he is capable of, so one blip due to psychological factors will not distract me from the type of manager he is.
Do you call him papa or padre at home?

Oldyella

The problem being that Poch isn't even dedicated to the club. He was going to leave if he won the CL final and has consistently refused to commit his long term future to the club.
As soon as he made those quotes Spurs should have been hunting for a new manager.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
As soon as he made those quotes Spurs should have been hunting for a new manager.

Pretty much. Was basically an admittance he wasn’t in it for the long term anymore.

But nah, we should give him time .. you know, that time he’s far from guaranteeing us.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I haven't watched the tackle, and don't plan on doing so, but I've just seen images of Gomes' face after it and it really is heartbreaking.

I hope he comes back and carrys on where he left off as, after leaving Barca, he was finally playing well again. I really liked him in this DLP role.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Not the best manager but top three manager in world football today. Basically, his accomplishments with Spurs has made me appreciate his managerial acumen. Only a very very few managers can do what he doesand those type of managers are written in the history books. Brendan might be on the verge of achieving something similar. It will be interesting to see how far Brendan can take leceister in a five year span.

His high pressing, aggressive, and possession based approach of his early spurs team produce some memorable football. It is fun watching watching a good manager overachieve with a team. I have seen what he is capable of, so one blip due to psychological factors will not distract me from the type of manager he is.
Spurs were a top 4 team and in the champions league before Poch, he hasn’t won anything (had amazing chance to win league when all too teams were in transition and didn’t) and they’re miles out of the top 4 when he leaves. He’s done no better than Harry redknapp

Untd55

There was a stat on motd that said that Tottenham's pressing was the 5th best in 16/17 and the 2nd best in 17/18. Last season, Tottenham were 14th and, this season, 16th.

I feel that there is a lot of laziness at the club. The drop from 17/18 to 18/19 was too big. We know that, at least Eriksen and Alderwerield wanted to leave in summer 18. This contributed to that laziness, and they still have them.

Kane now has to drop deeper, which has lowered his goalscoring tally. They now have 3 players going for free in the summer, who have probably lost interest in playing for Tottenham.

There are a lot of issues at Tottenham, outside of just the manager. I do think they need a change of manager and players to freshen things up.

Pochettino is still a great manager.

Supports
England
Ok I'll take your word for it Squishy, yeah I heard alot of spurs fans saying it last season when Son and Moura were doing bits and you guys were winning nearly every game.
Although that actually only lasted about half a dozen games, it made a huge impression on people. Unfortunately, football memes, no matter how far from the truth, are hard to get rid of.

The reality is just that there was a short period of time in which Son was performing excellently, Kane was out of the team, and a series of statistically unlikely results occurred, right after a series of equally unlikely negative results with Kane in the team. From a statistical perspective, there wasn't enough power in the sample sizes to say that Spurs were better without Kane, but you know what football fans are like: two or three losses in a row and suddenly a good player is shit.

I feel like we all enjoy our black and white dramatic narratives too much to even want to see things objectively sometimes.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Christ, which Spurs fans have you been talking to!

@balaks @InLevyITrust @GlastonSpur @cjj I'm sure will all confirm that the 'spurs do better without Kane' thing is a load of nonsense and was based on a run ages ago where the whole team was doing really well.

He's our best player and one of the few players putting in respectable performances this season. We've put in loads of dogshit performances without Kane, believe me.
Kane should start every game when fit.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Gomes has suffered a fracture-dislocation of his ankle. Not sure what that means in terms of prognosis.

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

I'm not convinced it was Son's tackle that caused the leg break. The collision between him and Aurier looked more likely. What do others think?
I received an image on WhatsApp this morning of the incident and it seems to show Aurier snapping Gomes' leg! But the only narrative seems to be that Son did it. And Son's reaction only solidifies that. But the picture I have suggests otherwise! So confused!

CognitiveNeuro

No, there isn't. There's images where the perspective makes him look onside and others where he looks offside.

Then there's VAR using a software to triangulate the positition in 3D, close to 100% accurate, which shows him to be offside

They would not be using this technology if they weren't sure of its accuracy
Yes there is. There is a reason why each line for both Firmino and the defender are each different angles. Look at the clip Kamara did for both.

The entire process ISN'T accurate. That's why there is a big debate about it

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yes there is. There is a reason why each line for both Firmino and the defender are each different angles. Look at the clip Kamara did for both.

The entire process ISN'T accurate. That's why there is a big debate about it
Yeah i saw it and already changed my mind about the accuracy of the whole thing

Madness. They should seriously come out and explain how it works

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Gomes has suffered a fracture-dislocation of his ankle. Not sure what that means in terms of prognosis.
A quick google and surgery going well makes me think it will be around 2-3 months before he starts light training perhaps so we might see him for a month or two at the end of the season which would be fantastic really. I think it might have looked worse than it is.

Yagami

Good post resistant
A quick google and surgery going well makes me think it will be around 2-3 months before he starts light training perhaps so we might see him for a month or two at the end of the season which would be fantastic really. I think it might have looked worse than it is.
That's brilliant. I haven't watched the tackle, but I was thinking it was another one of those Eduardo, Ramsey, Shaw injuries in which he'd be out for around a year.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That's brilliant. I haven't watched the tackle, but I was thinking it was another one of those Eduardo, Ramsey, Shaw injuries in which he'd be out for around a year.
I'm definitely not a doctor so I'm probably talking shite but that's what it said in regards to those types of ankle injuries in terms of recovery time.

They were all leg breaks too so a bit different I guess.