Premier League Gameweek 11

Oh yes I fecking can.

Been absolutely dire. Oh Eriksen’s coming off now is he Poch? fecking fantastic. Wonderful.

As a team we create nothing. Everton have been the better side, why do you think that is? A 17th placed side.

The football is dreadful, we’re a terrible team all round and didn’t deserve to be winning anyway. That’s because the coaching at the club has gone totally stale and Poch is absolutely clueless.
I think he should have taken Eriksen off sooner but other than that you were set up well. Alli and Son should also being doing more to create tbh

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Please do so we can have him. :p
Welcome to him and his shite selection, total lack of any tactical nous, absolute A tier stubbornness and constant moaning in the press about money, and then when he gets players he plays the one who don't even want to be here.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Hopefully Gomes can recover in time for the Euros. He'd deserve it after all the setbacks he's had

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I think he should have taken Eriksen off sooner but other than that you were set up well. Alli and Son should also being doing more to create tbh

:lol: HOW?! There was no chance creation! Name me a single decent chance we created throughout the entire 90? The goal was given to us by an error. We managed two shots on target the entire match against a 17th placed team, there was no plan going forward and Everton looked dangerous whenever they could muster anything remotely threatening going forward. We were set up horrendously and the game was managed horrendously, the worst player on the pitch (again) stayed on for nearly all of it with Ndombele off instead, and then lucky Sessegnon gets 2 minutes to show his stuff.

Absolute dogshit manager at the moment. Get him out of the club.

edit: Seriously I struggle to understand this weekly defence of Poch from you. At what point does the manager get the blame for terrible team performances week in week out? We know the players are better than this.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He fouled him which caused his leg to break, Son broke the laws of the game which resulted in a serious injury to a fellow professional. Yeah poor Son though most feel really hard done by...
"Laws of the game." Funny that. Any mention of the severity of an injury sustained from a foul being taken into account when punishments are doled out?

dogwithabone

If a foul causes a player to break their leg then that's a red card all day long in my book. If Son doesn't foul him Andre Gomes isn't on his way to hospital, deserves a red.

That’s a ridiculous rule of thumb to say that. Some of the most innocuous of challenges have caused career ending injuries.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Ahead of Spurs. Just 4 behind Arsenal.

Get a striker and a midfielder.. and get Pogba fit. Top 4 is ON.

And no win for spurs away from home since Jan..
you forgot leicester

nachomuska

So, do you think Ed is waiting for Levy to sack Poch so we can go for him?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
That Sessegnon substitution was actually insulting.

I wish Poch would just go. Just fecking leave. He's actually making me hate him and I hate that because I at least want to somewhat be able to remember the good things he's done for the club.

lysglimt

Scout
That's what I meant last week when I said every tackle with your feet is much more dangerous than Guendouzi's rugby tackle which some people wanted a red card for. Which is ludicrous.
Guendozis tackle was red because he stopped a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity - not because the tackle in itself was bad

SqueakyWeasel

The tackle itself was a fairly standard shitty foul from behind forwards often do when they lose the ball. Nothing terrible but 100% a really shit attempt to tackle.
Cool, take your word. Saw the result and how shocked Son was (who doesn’t strike me as an overly malicious player) so just wanted to try to establish the “intent” from footage that will probably not be seen when he’s convicted in the court of public opinion

dogwithabone

Harsh imo. It's a horrible outcome but you see worse tackles like that a few times a game. Son is as far from a malicious player as you're likely to get.

I liken Son a bit to Scholes. He’s all smiles and innocence but there is a slightly devious streak in him. He can be sneaky. That said, in my opinion, he’s innocent in this instance in terms of the severity of the challenge.

:lol: HOW?! There was no chance creation! Name me a single decent chance we created throughout the entire 90? The goal was given to us by an error. We managed two shots on target the entire match against a 17th placed team, there was no plan going forward and Everton looked dangerous whenever they could muster anything remotely threatening going forward. We were set up horrendously and the game was managed horrendously, the worst player on the pitch (again) stayed on for nearly all of it with Ndombele off instead, and then lucky Sessegnon gets 2 minutes to show his stuff.

Absolute dogshit manager at the moment. Get him out of the club.

edit: Seriously I struggle to understand this weekly defence of Poch from you. At what point does the manager get the blame for terrible team performances week in week out? We know the players are better than this.
So you don't think you played the right formation? You all were saying get rid of the diamond formation because it wasn't working so he's done that. Eriksen is defo a problem he's an enemy of progress right now. Poch needs to be looking at the other chap you have on loan.

I have time for Poch he's a good coach and has improved a lot of your players, the problems you have aren't all on him. The players need to get a grip and take a look at themselves especially Eriksen.

DRM

I wish Poch would just go. Just fecking leave. He's actually making me hate him and I hate that because I at least want to somewhat be able to remember the good things he's done for the club.
Why?

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
eh dont get the Son hatred, it's not like he goes in with a shin high studs up tackle, yellow at most. It's when Gomez comes out of the Son challenge off balance and collides with the other Tottenham player, was it Aurier? He's still freaking running after the Son tackle, albeit off balance for another couple of strides.

Think a draw is a fair result though, both teams were a bit rubbish. Eriksen especially poor I thought, lots of miscontrols and poor touches.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Spurs chances of top 4 are all but over.

Poch should have been sacked weeks ago. He is just going through the motions.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
@Amadaeus , let's hope this tide continues from the Spurs fans. We need them to voice said opinion at games now :drool:
:lol: exactly. Spurs fans think they can do better without Poch. They have the fourth oldest team in the league and the psychological environment is not right at Spurs due to the structure of the club imposed by levy. This environment is not good for a progressive manager like Poch. It might suit ancient managers like Allegri or even Mourinho(however Mourinho will grow frustrated with their lack of spending).

how Spurs fan can blame Poch for this lost is confusing. They had a penalty similar to mane one last week that was not given. If that was given, they would have won. Plus a red card that was not even supposed to be giving. It had more to do with the ref and players than the manager

fps

As it happens I saw it and Son fouls him which resulted in his leg break had he not fouled him he wouldn't have a broken leg, it's very simple.
No that’s ridiculous. It was a very unlucky combination of incidents which resulted in the leg break, if anyone’s going to get a red it’s the guy who actually broke the opponent’s leg. If Aurier hadn’t been there, Gomes wouldn’t have broken his leg either. If Gomes hadn’t been there he wouldn’t have broken his leg, by your logic he should get a red too. It’s a ridiculous nonsensical view.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Poch should have been sacked weeks ago.
You think? 11 points can be made up from early November. Ole made it up with less time as caretaker. Then he fecked it I guess.

An Alone Wolf

Supports
Liverpool
Any foul where the player has no intention of winning the ball should be a red, IMO.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
So you don't think you played the right formation? You all were saying get rid of the diamond formation because it wasn't working so he's done that. Eriksen is defo a problem he's an enemy of progress right now. Poch needs to be looking at the other chap you have on loan.

I have time for Poch he's a good coach and has improved a lot of your players, the problems you have aren't all on him. The players need to get a grip and take a look at themselves especially Eriksen.

It's not a simple case of the formation. I don't have an issue with that.

We don't have any meaningful attacking direction. I don't know what the plan is when we're building play up anymore. You look at teams like Liverpool, City or even Chelsea now and you can see a team being coached really well. Yes the players are excellent and they're confident and happy at the club, but they're playing in a system which is getting the best out of them. This used to be the case at Spurs where we did have an attacking plan, we would play some really intricate football in/around the edge of the box, the combination play would unlock teams and make us unpredictable, our pressing game would be well organised and effective ... now we're just a mess. We barely even look like we're being coached at all, it's just eleven individuals doing their thing. And players who can't even be arsed to run or try (Eriksen) are starting week in week out, it's like Pochettino is trying to sabotage us deliberately.

I have to think Pochettino is still coaching them and hasn't just given up, so the only answer is the players aren't listening any longer. And when that happens the manager has to go, you can't replace an entire team. And his decisions on a personal level are fecking baffling. Ndombele benched last week, Eriksen starts both this game and the last one despite being our worst player this season, Danny Rose week in week out, big signings like Lo Celso and Sessegnon given no opportunities in the team. He's totally lost the plot at the club, moans and says the same shit in interviews, and nothing changes at all. He's totally done, the only reason he hasn't been removed from his position is because Levy doesn't want to throw 30m to get rid of the bad smell.

This is the worst Spurs team since Ramos, and we're nowhere near that bad personnel wise. Pochettino has us far below where we should be, and when that happens you can't blame anybody but him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Poch should have been sacked weeks ago. He is just going through the motions.
We all told glaston it was all going to melt down but he wouldn't have it.

Unfortunately for us we're equally crap so can't get too happy

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Welcome to him and his shite selection, total lack of any tactical nous, absolute A tier stubbornness and constant moaning in the press about money, and then when he gets players he plays the one who don't even want to be here.
Oh yes I fecking can.

Been absolutely dire. Oh Eriksen’s coming off now is he Poch? fecking fantastic. Wonderful.

As a team we create nothing. Everton have been the better side, why do you think that is? A 17th placed side.

The football is dreadful, we’re a terrible team all round and didn’t deserve to be winning anyway. That’s because the coaching at the club has gone totally stale and Poch is absolutely clueless.
Can we sack Poch yet?

Because the only reason we’re even level is because Iwobi fecked up. Haven’t created a single thing as a team.

The system is completely broken.

No one can ever accuse Squishy of lacking entertainment value.

This is all good reading.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
:lol: exactly. Spurs fans think they can do better without Poch. They have the fourth oldest team in the league and the psychological environment is not right at Spurs due to the structure of the club imposed by levy. This environment is not good for a progressive manager like Poch. It might suit ancient managers like Allegri or even Mourinho(however Mourinho will grow frustrated with their lack of spending).

how Spurs fan can blame Poch for this lost is confusing. They had a penalty similar to mane one last week that was not given. If that was given, they would have won. Plus a red card that was not even supposed to be giving. It had more to do with the ref and players than the manager
You wanna bet we won't improve this season if we sack Poch? Willing to do that 100%. Any caretaker could be getting more out of these players.

Our performance today was completely fecking insipid, against a 17th placed team. Just nothing from us at all. We undeservedly led through an opposition error, didn't create a single thing, and predictably let them score. They would've equalised if the red card didn't happen anyway, I almost guarantee it .. this team is set up to fail.

Nobody is playing well under Poch, not a single player in the whole squad. You talk about age like we have ancient players in there rather than a couple in their early thirties, it's a joke. Nobody forces Pochettino to not use the younger players in the squad (foyth, sessegnon, lo celso etc) and instead keep giving games to Toby, Eriksen etc who don't even want to be here. Nobody forces him to keep the latter on for nearly an entire game when he's sabotaging us.

He's turned in to a joke at the club. Maybe he'll go elsewhere and under a fresh start will be fab, but he sure as hell is fecking things up at Spurs. Totally lost the plot.

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
I liken Son a bit to Scholes. He’s all smiles and innocence but there is a slightly devious streak in him. He can be sneaky. That said, in my opinion, he’s innocent in this instance in terms of the severity of the challenge.
This, even ignoring the tackle today, the bloke is snide as hell, scholes is a good example except son loves a dive as well

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
What was Ali's celebration about?
Yeah that was weird, Spurs fans might know?

No one can ever accuse Squishy of lacking entertainment value.

This is all good reading.
Ive noticed Glaston has been appearing less and less as Spurs progressively get more shite. So we have Squishy as our Tottenham entertainment value.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah that was weird, Spurs fans might know?

He was obviously hitting back at his detractors. Which is fecking stupid, because they're absolutely right that he's been well off his game, and one goal against Everton doesn't change a thing. Take the criticism like a man, get in to a genuinely good run of form and they'll shut up. Instead he looks like a tit because a) he nearly gave away a pen about 5 minutes later and b) we ended up drawing against a 17th placed side, so his goal counted for almost nothing. Why he chooses to be cocky when the club is on the worst run ever I don't know.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I'm not convinced it was Son's tackle that caused the leg break. The collision between him and Aurier looked more likely. What do others think?