Premier League Gameweek 11

fps

If a foul causes a player to break their leg then that's a red card all day long in my book. If Son doesn't foul him Andre Gomes isn't on his way to hospital, deserves a red.
No no, nonsense, you clearly haven’t seen what actually happened, the player then went into another player, and that player then caused the injury.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
If it happened during a normal tackle during the game, then its a different matter.

Son went looking to foul him... and got it wrong. He gets little sympathy from me. It wasnt a footballing tackle. It was getting one back.

It’s a high tempo sport where players are going to show a bit of aggression. It’s not some horrendous challenge where he’s tried to end a career, just a bit rash, a yellow card under usual circumstances.

Is a yellow card challenge really worth the abuse? You see those tackles every week, it wasn’t even the tackle that caused the injury. And again it’s pretty clear Son was badly shaken up by it so I really dont think the OTT abuse is necessary.

sect2k

Oh calm the feck down. Clearly wasn't his fault at all and nothing malicious. It was the way he landed
Clearly watching a different match, that had all the intent, Son was fouled a few moments before, went in reckless, which resulted in a horrific injury. Should get a lengthy ban to make an example, this kind of retaliation is not tolerated in football.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Think it’s only a matter of time until footballers all wear head protection. With the risk of serious injury and long term effects of heading a football it probably makes sense. More research needed of course.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Feel so bad for Son who clearly thinks he's to blame, and worse for Gomes who won't see a football pitch for a long, long time.

Horrific incident. Not arsed Son got a red, or if it gets rescinded. It pales in comparison and its weird that its the main area of focus on this page.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A very horrible freak injury. reminds me of Luke shaws.

son is going to be effected for a long time it seems, he took that hard the poor guy.

diarm

The Rugby tackle deserved a red (in my opinion) just because it was such a ridiculous and cheating way to stop a counter-attack, not because it was dangerous.
It was dangerous in fairness. You're not allowed tackle like that in rugby because of the risk of concussions.

fps

It’s a high tempo sport where players are going to show a bit of aggression. It’s not some horrendous challenge where he’s tried to end a career, just a bit rash, a yellow card under usual circumstances.

Is a yellow card challenge really worth the abuse? You see those tackles every week, it wasn’t even the tackle that caused the injury. And again it’s pretty clear Son was badly shaken up by it so I really dont think the OTT abuse is necessary.
Oh it’s ridiculous, more for united living in their black and white world where something can’t simply be due to an unfortunate set of circumstances and someone must either be EXONERATED or CONDEMNED.

VanGaalyTime

Only 12 minutes. You have to laugh really. They were stopped for at least 10 for the VAR shout.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Clearly watching a different match, that had all the intent, Son was fouled a few moments before, went in reckless, which resulted in a horrific injury. Should get a lengthy ban to make an example, this kind of retaliation is not tolerated in football.
The feck are you talking about? There was no retaliation

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
A very horrible freak injury. reminds me of Luke shaws.

son is going to be effected for a long time it seems, he took that hard the poor guy.
He was careless and it was a shit tackle. There's a bloke in an ambulance on his way to hospital with his foot hanging off, that's the "poor guy".

I don't think Son deserves any abuse but when you go around fouling people like that, shit can happen.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
If a foul causes a player to break their leg then that's a red card all day long in my book. If Son doesn't foul him Andre Gomes isn't on his way to hospital, deserves a red.
This doesn't make sense. Not all injuries are the result of malice.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

and for being a tottenham cnut

mu4c_20le

He was careless and it was a shit tackle. There's a bloke in an ambulance on his way to hospital with his foot hanging off, that's the "poor guy".
Aye, it was a poor tackle but if the injury hadn't happened, it would've been a yellow i think

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Oh boy, the first impact makes it even worse. Looks like multiple breaks :(

Sterling Archer

Wishing speedy recovery for Gomes.

Reckless from Son to retaliate like that. But the injury is a freak one. Sure it will be hard to forgive himself for it even if it wasnt fully the tackle that broke the ankle

Adam-Utd

I don't think Son deserves any abuse but when you go around fouling people like that, shit can happen.
Nah, there was nothing wrong with that tackle at all. You see fouls like that up and down the country every day.

it just so happens he stumbles and then aurier comes in with an even stronger challenge while he’s imbalanced.

his ankle got stuck in the ground as he went over. Sons part alone didn’t break his ankle at all.

BlueHaze

After watching the replay on youtube it's actually hard to see, did he break it after Son's tackle, or when Aurier charged into him like a goon when he was already falling down.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
No no, nonsense, you clearly haven’t seen what actually happened, the player then went into another player, and that player then caused the injury.
As it happens I saw it and Son fouls him which resulted in his leg break had he not fouled him he wouldn't have a broken leg, it's very simple.

Adam-Utd

Oh boy, the first impact makes it even worse. Looks like multiple breaks :(
What? His whole leg is turned that way, it’s completely normal at that point

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Nah, there was nothing wrong with that tackle at all. You see fouls like that up and down the country every day.

it just so happens he stumbles and then aurier comes in with an even stronger challenge while he’s imbalanced.

his ankle got stuck in the ground as he went over. Sons part alone didn’t break his ankle at all.
"Nothing wrong"? It was a shit tackle. You do see plenty of shit tackles every week but they're still shit tackles.

Anustart89

Finally I found a purpose for Jesse Lingard. Get on the pitch, fake an elbow and concussion from van Dijk -> Red card -> success.