Premier League Gameweek 11

dogwithabone

Couldn’t work out how Ali got away with that handball. Arm above head, hits arm. Surely that’s a penalty in this day and age ?

VAR make a rod for their own back with the time they take because, by definition, that then nullifies their ‘clear and obvious’ theory.

sharpstar69

Supports
Liverpool
Son is the type of player anyone would want in their side. A player who gets fouled and then gets straight up and stuck back in is revered by his own fans and trying to paint him as some sort of bad egg because of an unfortunate injury is poor form in my book.

I don't want to see players with tenacity and desire phased out of the game so we can see sterile, boring play by numbers types who never make a mistake but never get stuck in either. Occasionally injuries will happen and sometimes they are because dirty players are scumbags. This wasn't one of those times - it was just unfortunate.

People calling him a cnut and the like are bang of order I reckon.
Bang on.....He was distraught. Never a red card in any football match.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Oh yes I fecking can.

Been absolutely dire. Oh Eriksen’s coming off now is he Poch? fecking fantastic. Wonderful.

As a team we create nothing. Everton have been the better side, why do you think that is? A 17th placed side.

The football is dreadful, we’re a terrible team all round and didn’t deserve to be winning anyway. That’s because the coaching at the club has gone totally stale and Poch is absolutely clueless.
You say 17th place side like it's some kind of relegation fodder. Everton haven't been any worse than Arsenal really. They've created more chances than United this season and they've given away absolute stupid goals. The difference between being 5-6th in the table and being 17th isn't that big this season.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You say 17th place side like it's some kind of relegation fodder. Everton haven't been any worse than Arsenal really. They've created more chances than United this season and they've given away absolute stupid goals. The difference between being 5-6th in the table and being 17th isn't that big this season.

They were rubbish today. We just offered nothing and were clueless in possession. The Eriksen stats above pretty much sum it all up .. when that's our creative hub, what do you expect?

And it's not like it's just one game. We got dicked by Brighton and outplayed by Watford. Everybody in this league who plays us at the moment looks more organised and more motivated.

Mcking

Convinced at this point he has something on Poch.

Actually couldn't believe my eyes when Ndombele got subbed instead.
Dunno, but everytime a team isn't doing well, the manager tends to make ludicrous decisions and refuse to make obvious decisions. It was the same with Mourinho.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Only having a laugh with ya ;)
Nah fully aware I'm comical at the moment. Pure frustration and rage at the state of the team.

Eriksen starting today properly broke me. When Ndombele got subbed off instead I actually sat in my room laughing like a fecking maniac and going 'OF COURSE!!! OF FECKING COURSE!! WELL DONE POCH WELL DONE!'.

I scared myself if I'm being honest.

dogwithabone

Both Son and Richarlison need to practice their diving technique. Between them there were three of the most pathetic dives I’ve seen. That little bunny hop before falling to the floor is laughable.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
You wanna bet we won't improve this season if we sack Poch? Willing to do that 100%. Any caretaker could be getting more out of these players.

Our performance today was completely fecking insipid, against a 17th placed team. Just nothing from us at all. We undeservedly led through an opposition error, didn't create a single thing, and predictably let them score. They would've equalised if the red card didn't happen anyway, I almost guarantee it .. this team is set up to fail.

Nobody is playing well under Poch, not a single player in the whole squad. You talk about age like we have ancient players in there rather than a couple in their early thirties, it's a joke. Nobody forces Pochettino to not use the younger players in the squad (foyth, sessegnon, lo celso etc) and instead keep giving games to Toby, Eriksen etc who don't even want to be here. Nobody forces him to keep the latter on for nearly an entire game when he's sabotaging us.

He's turned in to a joke at the club. Maybe he'll go elsewhere and under a fresh start will be fab, but he sure as hell is fecking things up at Spurs. Totally lost the plot.
there will be a bump because of a new manager bounce, but I can assure you another manager won’t have the same level of success over 5 years with the same environment Poch had to manage in for a long time unless you absolutely find a gem of a manager and those type of manager usually find themselves at top club. Spurs fans are living in an alternate reality that they are a top side and credit to Poch, he had done a fantastic job creating that allusion. However, as I stated before, they are at the level of Everton, West Ham, Leicester, and Newcastle. Unless, they are properly manage like they were under Poch, they will always struggle to break into top four and champions league title will only be a dream.

if you give Poch another season to drain his aging players and sign new players, Spurs will be back in top four, and challenging for the league and champions league. As I stated before, the current environment is not right for a progressive manager like Poch. When Poch was successful he had one of the youngest team in the league. Now he has the oldest. He just need a true rebuild where multiple players leave and multiple players are brought in. Only N’Dombele has had the opportunity to showcase his talent and he has been one of Spurs best players this season. It shows that Poch can identify the right players he needs to succeed. Once, he gets ride of some of the veteran players in his team, Poch will once again overachieve with that Spurs team.

something that goes under the radar is that Poch is playing with the same team he had last season with only one addition to his starting 11. Spurs needed a rebuild not just one addition to their team. Maybe if lo Celso starts playing he will have an impact as great as ndombele.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
They were rubbish today. We just offered nothing and were clueless in possession. The Eriksen stats above pretty much sum it all up .. when that's our creative hub, what do you expect?

And it's not like it's just one game. We got dicked by Brighton and outplayed by Watford. Everybody in this league who plays us at the moment looks more organised and more motivated.
Sure and it feels like that way watching United too but it's the same with us as Everton, despite all that there isn't much that separates us from 5-6th either so using "a 17th side" as a placeholder for your opposition is just you talking down your opponent to make Spurs look worse when in honesty more than half of the teams in the league have been playing around the same level this season.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
For a club of the stature of Tottenham they need to be careful what they wish for in regards to Poch going. Doubt they could lure someone better. Several of their best players want out as well. Can see them falling back to becoming a perennial 6-7th place club if things go poorly.

SqueakyWeasel

Couldn’t work out how Ali got away with that handball. Arm above head, hits arm. Surely that’s a penalty in this day and age ?

VAR make a rod for their own back with the time they take because, by definition, that then nullifies their ‘clear and obvious’ theory.
You forgot the coward had his back to the ball when his arm deflected it away from goal

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Sure and it feels like that way watching United too but it's the same with us as Everton, despite all that there isn't much that separates us from 5-6th either so using "a 17th side" as a placeholder for your opposition is just you talking down your opponent to make Spurs look worse when in honesty more than half of the teams in the league have been playing around the same level this season.
Fair enough.

I think the main point is just that they're clearly not a very good team, and are lacking confidence much the same as us. And yet when we play them, they're still the side who look hungrier than we do. A team who have offered very little this season and thus find themselves 17th still looked like they were better coached (their pressing was far more organised) and were capable of playing better football than we were.

I get where you're coming from in terms of the league being close etc, and that's true. But Marco Silva is on the verge of the sack for a reason and this was the kind of game where we should be trying to gain some confidence, but we didn't even come close.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
For a club of the stature of Tottenham they need to be careful what they wish for in regards to Poch going. Doubt they could lure someone better. Several of their best players want out as well. Can see them falling back to becoming a perennial 6-7th place club if things go poorly.
It's not about luring 'somebody better', it's about luring someone who right now is competent at the job. Pochettino isn't even that keen on being here himself.

What can we wish for that's worst than bottom half and the football we're getting? No coach will deliver worse results. People are still judging Pochettino on what he's done in the past.

Amadaeus

I m positive that will happen post Poch. Unless levy starts spending or they win the lottery with their next managerial pick.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Christ, which Spurs fans have you been talking to!

@balaks @InLevyITrust @GlastonSpur @cjj I'm sure will all confirm that the 'spurs do better without Kane' thing is a load of nonsense and was based on a run ages ago where the whole team was doing really well.

He's our best player and one of the few players putting in respectable performances this season. We've put in loads of dogshit performances without Kane, believe me.
I think it was based on the run where Son went on a purple patch.

At the moment, the problems are more significant than with/without Kane, as he's not getting any service either way.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
It's not about luring 'somebody better', it's about luring someone who right now is competent at the job. Pochettino isn't even that keen on being here himself.

What can we wish for that's worst than bottom half and the football we're getting? No coach will deliver worse results. People are still judging Pochettino on what he's done in the past.
Honestly, if I was a Spurs fan I'd just take my lumps this season, stick with Poch, and give him 1 more summer transfer window. He has made your club relevant in recent years and massively overachieved. Think he deserves one poor season.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I m positive that will happen post Poch. Unless levy starts spending or they win the lottery with their next managerial pick.
I'm positive that we're bottom half UNDER Poch, and in Europe conceded 7 at home to Bayern and drew to Olympiakos.

And that's the actual reality of his management. So I'll roll the dice, thanks..

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Honestly, if I was a Spurs fan I'd just take my lumps this season, stick with Poch, and give him 1 more summer transfer window. He has made your club relevant in recent years and massively overachieved. Think he deserves one poor season.
The problem being that Poch isn't even dedicated to the club. He was going to leave if he won the CL final and has consistently refused to commit his long term future to the club. And give him another window? Christ.

He's done great things, but he's done at the club. You don't have this squad bottom half if things haven't gone seriously wrong. Remember that season you had under Jose? Yeah, this is that. That's not reversible unless the manager wants to change round the entire team, which isn't remotely feasible.

If Poch came out tomorrow and said 'ok, I'll stay for an entire rebuild and be totally committed' then maybe you'd have a point. But he's not doing that, and I can see United coming in for him in the summer if Levy doesn't pull the trigger soon, at which point we will be left high and dry.

We're in proper relegation form at the moment. That's the truth.

Anustart89

I wonder who will manage Spurs next season. Howe?
It'll probably be one of the up-and-coming Europeans like Nagelsmann, Rose, Ten Hag. They'll play lovely football and we'll sit here saying "support Ole he just needs 500 transfer windows to get it right because United DNA"

Walters_19_MuFc

He was obviously hitting back at his detractors. Which is fecking stupid, because they're absolutely right that he's been well off his game, and one goal against Everton doesn't change a thing. Take the criticism like a man, get in to a genuinely good run of form and they'll shut up. Instead he looks like a tit because a) he nearly gave away a pen about 5 minutes later and b) we ended up drawing against a 17th placed side, so his goal counted for almost nothing. Why he chooses to be cocky when the club is on the worst run ever I don't know.
What was the sleeping part about, though?

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
The problem being that Poch isn't even dedicated to the club. He was going to leave if he won the CL final and has consistently refused to commit his long term future to the club. And give him another window? Christ.

He's done great things, but he's done at the club. You don't have this squad bottom half if things haven't gone seriously wrong. Remember that season you had under Jose? Yeah, this is that. That's not reversible unless the manager wants to change round the entire team, which isn't remotely feasible.

If Poch came out tomorrow and said 'ok, I'll stay for an entire rebuild and be totally committed' then maybe you'd have a point. But he's not doing that, and I can see United coming in for him in the summer if Levy doesn't pull the trigger soon, at which point we will be left high and dry.

We're in proper relegation form at the moment. That's the truth.
What happened with Jose was him melting down. Lost the players, fought with the players, fought with the club staff, and we were literally right there in the relegation zone. Even came out in public and admitted he couldn't solve the problems.

You guys look out of sorts but not in complete and total nuclear meltdown like we were.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
What happened with Jose was him melting down. Lost the players, fought with the players, fought with the club staff, and we were literally right there in the relegation zone. Even came out in public and admitted he couldn't solve the problems.

You guys look out of sorts but not in complete and total nuclear meltdown like we were.

Understatement of the century.

AaronRedDevil

United have had about 20 chances to catch up to the rivals and they feck up every. Single. Time. It's getting ridiculous now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
United and Tottenham having their own battle of who can be the crappest this season.
Neck and neck!

This is the real "race" in the league.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Nah fully aware I'm comical at the moment. Pure frustration and rage at the state of the team.

Eriksen starting today properly broke me. When Ndombele got subbed off instead I actually sat in my room laughing like a fecking maniac and going 'OF COURSE!!! OF FECKING COURSE!! WELL DONE POCH WELL DONE!'.

I scared myself if I'm being honest.
:lol::lol:

The situation is probably not nearly as bad as you think.

Football fans tend to overreact, I mean we all do it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It would be hilarious if we both got relegated.
My boys Wycombe are currently shocking everyone in league 1 by sitting top with 1/3 of the season ago.

Some of our other fans are already making jokes about playing United next year!

Supports
England
Everyone else being shit isn't a good defence for any one team being shit. We should all be expecting better from teams in this league.

saivet

I'm not convinced it was Son's tackle that caused the leg break. The collision between him and Aurier looked more likely. What do others think?
I thought it's wasn't the impact of Aurier but his presence that cause it. If he wasn't there I think Gomez would have gone down normally. Because Aurier was rushing towards him it looked like he ended up putting his leg in an awkward position which resulting in the break.

It was just all really unfortunate.

Supports
England
I want to understand your fanboying of Poch because it's weird.

When did you realise that Poch was the best manager ever to manage the game? Are you Argentinian? If not, where are you from?

What was it about Poch's nebulous "philosophy" that convinced you he was the best? Is it as fun supporting a manager and watching them on the sidelines as it is supporting a team?

Smith16

Supports
Chelsea FC
I feel like unless something drastic happens the top 4 is already pretty much set. Liverpool (champions), City, Chelsea and Leicester. I just don't see spurs, arsenal, or united being able to catch up.

Brophs

The One and Only
Not when it's in your own half.
Someone on a podcast recently argued that the halfway line aspect of the rule is now redundant given how good the pitches are and how quick the modern player is. Not sure I entirely buy it but I struggle to justify any other punishment for a tackle like Guendozi's when he has no intention of playing the ball and is only trying to stop a goalscoring chance developing.

Amadaeus

I want to understand your fanboying of Poch because it's weird.

When did you realise that Poch was the best manager ever to manage the game? Are you Argentinian? If not, where are you from?

What was it about Poch's nebulous "philosophy" that convinced you he was the best? Is it as fun supporting a manager and watching them on the sidelines as it is supporting a team?
Not the best manager but top three manager in world football today. Basically, his accomplishments with Spurs has made me appreciate his managerial acumen. Only a very very few managers can do what he doesand those type of managers are written in the history books. Brendan might be on the verge of achieving something similar. It will be interesting to see how far Brendan can take leceister in a five year span.

His high pressing, aggressive, and possession based approach of his early spurs team produce some memorable football. It is fun watching watching a good manager overachieve with a team. I have seen what he is capable of, so one blip due to psychological factors will not distract me from the type of manager he is.