Premier League Gameweek 14

cyberman

Same thing if they die and play doesn’t continue?
At least the victims is shown respect and one hundred percent care? If play continues then it’s also harder to clear the area around the emergency. A large section of that stand has been moved and it would take longer if there was a match going on.
Look at how a broken leg kills the atmosphere of a game never mind someone fighting for their life.

Hoof the ball

According to reports it was [Irrelevant point] who pointed out the medical emergency in the stands.

Watford players are not coming out until they find out what happened to the fan.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I can sympathise with what P-Ro is saying here as I've often hoped he would die in the crowd and it go unnoticed.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Come on, really.

Can't have cpr going on in the crowd if someone has an MI! Need get them out of the ground to hospital ASAP.

Better to stop the game if its a heart attack for sure.
I've seen it happen a couple of times. As long as they are getting the right treatment there's just no need to stop the game. If I decide to pop my clogs during a match (probably due to my pie diet) I would want the show to go on.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
State of twitter, people instantly blaming the vaccine. Some theorists will literally take any chance to spout their shite

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
These stops due to medical issues are becoming fairly regular now aren't they.

Classical Mechanic

At least the victims is shown respect and one hundred percent care? If play continues then it’s also harder to clear the area around the emergency. A large section of that stand has been moved and it would take longer if there was a match going on.
Look at how a broken leg kills the atmosphere of a game never mind someone fighting for their life.
I see what you’re saying re the care but if this happened so many times before and we never knew then I don’t think it would affect the atmosphere. If the medics have requested this as a better way to treat people then fair enough.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
These stops due to medical issues are becoming fairly regular now aren't they.
tbf, they are no more regular now than in previous years, they just never used to stop the games before so it was never really brought up in comms

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Now someone is saying that there's fighting in the Chelsea end?
Funny you say this, as my other boys Wycombe were playing away the other week, and there was a break for a "medical emergency".
It then turned out it was fighting in the crowd!

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I've seen it happen a couple of times. As long as they are getting the right treatment there's just no need to stop the game. If I decide to pop my clogs during a match (probably due to my pie diet) I would want the show to go on.
Na no way, not only because the game might get in the way of getting them out and to hospital. Eg across the pitch if it's more direct.

Imagine taking a corner or throw in with someone getting CPR and defibrillator behind. No way can you have that on TV. For the person suffering and the viewers!

cyberman

I see what you’re saying re the care but if this happened so many times before and we never knew then I don’t think it would affect the atmosphere. If the medics have requested this as a better way to treat people then fair enough.
I just googled to see if it’s anything to do with a rule change and apparently it was Regulion who pointed out the Newcastle fan and pleaded for the game to stop and it was going unnoticed tonight until Alonso pointed it out and it’s Watford players awaiting the outcome.
Could honestly just be the players taking the initiative

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
tbf, they are no more regular now than in previous years, they just never used to stop the games before so it was never really brought up in comms
When you see close ups of crowds and see some massively overweight fan, going absolutely ape sh!t at a player, it's surprising it's not much more regular.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Na no way, not only because the game might get in the way of getting them out and to hospital. Eg across the pitch if it's more direct.

Imagine taking a corner or throw in with someone getting CPR and defibrillator behind. No way can you have that on TV. For the person suffering and the viewers!
You know you are saying this with the knowledge that it used to happen during matches and I don't recall ever hearing about objections to this.

Drifter

American
Poor Klopp, he does not like a physical match , between two rivals.

yipthatman

Watching West ham v Brighton. Football is so much better on Amazon. The picture and audio is spot on. Actual crowd noise and no commentary. Perfect. Like being at a game.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
You know you are saying this with the knowledge that it used to happen during matches and I don't recall ever hearing about objections to this.
If anything there will be more people on the concourse loading up with burgers and beers then there would have been had they not stopped the match (considering this happened in the 10th minute and not the 40th).

Hoof the ball

What's the point of even watching the Everton - Liverpool game? Why do I even bother? Every time I tell myself that it must be this time that Everton get something against Liverpool and every time it's the same.

4-0 to Liverpool.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just tuned in to see the Chelsea game suspended, can anyone fill me in?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
First match I can ever recall watching in 30 years with a probable MI in the crowd.

Not a normal thing to happen, any other Chelsea games it's happened before in?

yipthatman

What's the point of even watching the Everton - Liverpool game? Why do I even bother? Every time I tell myself that it must be this time that Everton get something against Liverpool and every time it's the same.

4-0 to Liverpool.
I was going to watch that but the Everton players looked beaten already during the warm up. Not even kicked off yet. Just checked.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Danny Rose on which further locks in the likelihood of 3 points for Chelsea

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

4-0 to Liverpool.
Didn't they win last season? But yeah, they'll get battered tonight and Liverpool will go top, regardless of the Chelsea match.

PoTMS

Andros Townsend. For the love of God, if there's one game you should turn up for, it's this one.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
How do you guys know it was a hearth attack minutes after the game got suspended ?